First 1234 Last

Thread: What's my Type?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

First off Kai explain how you're not an ISFJ. I wouldn't say you're an N just because you're interested in theory and introspect a good bit.

Many people may be mistaken simply because they don't know ISFJs very well. First off, do you identify with Si or Ni more? Explain why or why not on both.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    First off Kai explain how you're not an ISFJ. I wouldn't say you're an N just because you're interested in theory and introspect a good bit.
    Well, I've got to say. He's got one of the clearest examples of N I've seen. If he's not an N, then I really can't see how a lot of the other members that claim to be N are Ns.

Now you've got me thinking that I was correct about how you can just take any type and find a way to make it fit your experiences, because the types don't describe anything you can measure.
    Many people may be mistaken simply because they don't know ISFJs very well. First off, do you identify with Si or Ni more? Explain why or why not on both.
    Well, which definitions of Si and Ni should we use? For that matter... has Kai taken the function tests yet (I know they're flawed, but it's at least worth a look)? I wonder what his Si/Ni scores would be?

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Well, I've got to say. He's got one of the clearest examples of N I've seen. If he's not an N, then I really can't see how a lot of the other members that claim to be N are Ns.
    how did you reach that conclusion? what is a clear example of N?
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    how did you reach that conclusion? what is a clear example of N?
    It's not one specific thing he said, it's the way he says things. There's this whole sense of defining your own path through life, seeing things symbolically, perfectionism, trying to see the meaning of things... those are all qualities I've associated with Ni/NJs (NP is rather different).

I'm just saying, he has as much or more right to call himself an N as anyone on this site. To be honest, I suspect he's (perhaps unconsciously) one of those people who just put an S in their profile to "fight for the underdog" because sensors are a minority here and people (including myself) don't know how to appreciate their good qualities. It's certainly a noble thing to do. I just wouldn't be willing to put up with the teasing and incorrect assumptions about me, which is why I wouldn't.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It's not one specific thing he said, it's the way he says things. There's this whole sense of defining your own path through life, seeing things symbolically, perfectionism, trying to see the meaning of things... those are all qualities I've associated with Ni/NJs (NP is rather different).
    So it's impossible for a sensor to do this? Really? Tell me why. Why wouldn't a sensor think about how something is symbolic? I don't think that it would be the natural response, but anyone can introspect and find greater meaning to things if the thing means a good deal to them. Why wouldn't a sensor want to have their path in life defined? I think that these are all character traits and not personality traits.

Then again what am I fighting for here? A lot of people here have a pretty flawed view of what sensors are like, if people stick to these flawed views and argue them then there's no point. Besides, Kai knows by now he's ISFJ, he's a good example of one in my opinion.

Sensors can be deep people, come on now... I would really like an explanation as to why it's impossible for a sensor to be deep.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

So it's impossible for a sensor to do this? Really? Tell me why. Why wouldn't a sensor think about how something is symbolic? I don't think that it would be the natural response, but anyone can introspect and find greater meaning to things if the thing means a good deal to them. Why wouldn't a sensor want to have their path in life defined? I think that these are all character traits and not personality traits.
    They would want their path in life defined, but they wouldn't seek to define it in their own terms. They'd want it defined by others, AFAIK. Also, sensors tend to think visually and/or in terms of action, rather than verbally. He clearly has a primarily verbal/linguistic mindframe and way of relating to life.

Yes, anyone could introspect. I've seen some of the xSFPs on here do so with things that were really important to them. But it's not something they do as consistently as Kai does. His also doesn't start with details, but starts with the concept and then fits details into it. With SFPs I see the opposite happening... the details are placed out, and then a pattern forms.
    Then again what am I fighting for here? A lot of people here have a pretty flawed view of what sensors are like, if people stick to these flawed views and argue them then there's no point. Besides, Kai knows by now he's ISFJ, he's a good example of one in my opinion.

Sensors can be deep people, come on now... I would really like an explanation as to why it's impossible for a sensor to be deep.
    Well, it's not so much the exact process of sensing, so much as what it represents. It has come to represent the mundane, traditional way of thinking, those who don't examine life and just live. N essentially means that you seek to "see past" the mundane way and find your own path. S means you're content to accept what you've been taught, examine life in those terms, and follow the beaten trail. In all honesty, Ss are probably better for society, while Ns are better as individuals. If that makes any sense.

But you can see how that concept might arise out of the difference between relying on tangible details, and relying on overall patterns, right? I don't know how accurate it is, but that's how N/S is basically interpreted.

I admit that I don't know how they should be interpreted, I just know that that's how they are interpreted. This could be an oversight on my part.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Your ignorance is ASTOUNDING! I won't even bother to respond... How can you honestly believe these things? How did you come to these conclusions? WTF?

Dude, you REALLY REALLY need to read up on sensors. I mean, everything you posted really just isn't true.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Your ignorance is ASTOUNDING! I won't even bother to respond... How can you honestly believe these things? How did you come to these conclusions? WTF?

Dude, you REALLY REALLY need to read up on sensors. I mean, everything you posted really just isn't true.
    "Read up"? I've read several definitions of sensing. I've just picked up on some extrapolations from what I've read since I've been here, noticing how people react to the idea of N/S over time, what it seems to mean to them in various contexts.

I'm sad that you're going to dismiss my interpretations of things without explaining what you think is true and why, but I suppose that's your right...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

"Read up"? I've read several definitions of sensing. I've just picked up on some extrapolations from what I've read since I've been here, noticing how people react to the idea of N/S over time, what it seems to mean to them in various contexts.
    Fact: peoples reactions to the idea of N/S is not N/S itself.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

ISFJ.