User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type do you think BEST fits my character/personality?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • ISTJ

2 7.69%
  • INTJ

1 3.85%
  • ISTP

0 0%
  • INTP

0 0%
  • ISFJ

0 0%
  • INFJ

0 0%
  • ISFP

0 0%
  • INFP

1 3.85%
  • ESTJ

0 0%
  • ENTJ

0 0%
  • ESTP

0 0%
  • ENTP

0 0%
  • ESFJ

0 0%
  • ENFJ

2 7.69%
  • ESFP

1 3.85%
  • ENFP

19 73.08%
First 3456 Last

Thread: ENFP?

If i remember correctly, Fi child has often imaginary friends, and Ne child not. because is more social.

seems to me you were Fi child, but still that doesn't mean you are INFP....I don't think all Es were Es as childs etc. there are too many influences like enviorment, support, development...

maybe confusion about INFP/ENFP comes from having Fi so both NFPs are very sensitive, so often Es act like Is because they are fragile...

and btw. don't know does it have any relation but ex. i didn't like reading as kid, actually i learned to read (for real) at 12, been avoiding it untill then (Actually learned it passively), also no imaginary friends, no inner dialoge as kid, constant human interaction, made friends extremely fast, i was pretty sensitive and easy to hurt but never really withdraw, i asked many questions, constant why,why,why, and my Ne was very aparent because I red very easily human relationships and know whats in the air....still i'm also not sure about my ENFPness... but still think what i've said before - Fi is fragile so I guess most people who doubt about ENFP or INFP are in fact ENFPs.
    my INFP friends are almost never (on their own initiative) playful, flirty and all that...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

hmm...i match the fi child more than ne.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Well, let me explain my concept of 'imaginary friends'

My imaginary friends were either real historical figures (i.e. I would read about several historical figures, and I would imagine interviewing them or something, or just talking with them, or how I would have acted differently, etc.)

OR

I would imagine teaching in front of the class, make rosters and everything, and then teach the lessons I was taught - it was a more enjoyable way of STUDYING you know - made it more fun and stuff.

OR

I would imagine arguing with all the people in my class I couldn't stand...What I would say to them and how I would be better than all of them. Sometimes I just talked absolute nonsense, recorded it, and listened to myself and laughed my ass off. LOL

My grandmother often came in and said WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO??? At which time, I would bashfully say ummmm, nothing...then she would leave, and I'd start again HAHAHHA.

Trust me, I'd love to have REAL friends, but I was just too WEIRD, and you have to imagine, we lived near a NAVY base, so do you think there were a HELL of a lot of NFs running around? Notttttt reallyyyyyyyyyyyy....
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post

Trust me, I'd love to have REAL friends, but I was just too WEIRD, and you have to imagine, we lived near a NAVY base, so do you think there were a HELL of a lot of NFs running around? Notttttt reallyyyyyyyyyyyy....
    yeah, I don't know.
    Did you hang out with adults? (I as a child was hanging out with adults also, with everybody )

i think that child theory can't much help typing people.... obviously some ENFPs were Fi childs

Sniffles

Well, let me explain my concept of 'imaginary friends'

My imaginary friends were either real historical figures (i.e. I would read about several historical figures, and I would imagine interviewing them or something, or just talking with them, or how I would have acted differently, etc.)

OR

I would imagine teaching in front of the class, make rosters and everything, and then teach the lessons I was taught - it was a more enjoyable way of STUDYING you know - made it more fun and stuff.

OR

I would imagine arguing with all the people in my class I couldn't stand...What I would say to them and how I would be better than all of them. Sometimes I just talked absolute nonsense, recorded it, and listened to myself and laughed my ass off. LOL

My grandmother often came in and said WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO??? At which time, I would bashfully say ummmm, nothing...then she would leave, and I'd start again HAHAHHA

Yes I did all this too as a kid. Hey who knows, maybe I was an ENFP too.

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    yeah, I don't know.
    Did you hang out with adults? (I as a child was hanging out with adults also, with everybody )

i think that child theory can't much help typing people.... obviously some ENFPs were Fi childs
    I hung out A LOT more with adults than with people my own age. I did NOT feel comfortable with people in my own age group, and I still don't to a large degree, although this is getting better.

Along with that, I have to say that I was raised in a protective household with my grandparents (older generation) so that might have something to do with it. I was playing cribbage and bridge when other people were still playing No Parking (though I played that, too). We discussed about politics and history while others were talking about clothes, cars, and dolls....

But I preferred it, and that was the 'weird' thing; whereas others might have been climbing out windows to hang out with their myriad of friends, I was content to stay at home and argue politics with a bunch of adults.

Any interaction with my peers was generally within the confines of school, which was very competitive. I did math contests, science fairs, poetry reading contests, speeches and plays, etc. You don't 'hang out' with the competition.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Sniffles

I hung out A LOT more with adults than with people my own age. I did NOT feel comfortable with people in my own age group, and I still don't to a large degree, although this is getting better.
    Same here. Although all my real friends were a year younger than me, so they weren't in my class. So I was pretty much on my own at school and whatnot. :-/

We discussed about politics and history while others were talking about clothes, cars, and dolls....
    Well damn at least you had people to discuss those things with. I didnt really, except my father - and well me and him didn't get along too well during this time really. I did have some distant family members who were older, but I rarely saw them. So for much of the time it was me arguing with myself.

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Same here. Although all my real friends were a year younger than me, so they weren't in my class. So I was pretty much on my own at school and whatnot. :-/

Well damn at least you had people to discuss those things with. I didnt really, except my father - and well me and him didn't get along too well during this time really. I did have some distant family members who were older, but I rarely saw them. So for much of the time it was me arguing with myself.
    Yes, I have to admit I was lucky that my family appreciated those kinds of things....Or else I would have gone bat-shit crazy. Whenever it got a little boring, I went to my room and conjured up Hitler, Stalin, Peron, Wilson, Roosevelt, or Lincoln and had some interesting arguments with them. LOL Quite entertaining. Then it was on to the so-called 'Fabulous Five' would be better called the 'Fart-shit Five' and then I'd prove that I was better in EVERYTHING lol....Oh man, I was so weird, oh well lol. (Wait? Was? LOL)

I'm just curious - what makes you think I'm an ENFJ? I'd like to hear your opinion.
    You seem a bit tough and opinated.

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by hommefatal View Post
    You seem a bit tough and opinated.
    LOL You're right: I can be quite tough and opinionated. Ask my husband - we had a little political spat today. lol His rational self couldn't quite grasp how I could take something so personally. And my feeling self couldn't quite grasp how he could be so callous with a topic that would have had a direct negative impact on my life.