User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type do you think BEST fits my character/personality?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • ISTJ

2 7.69%
  • INTJ

1 3.85%
  • ISTP

0 0%
  • INTP

0 0%
  • ISFJ

0 0%
  • INFJ

0 0%
  • ISFP

0 0%
  • INFP

1 3.85%
  • ESTJ

0 0%
  • ENTJ

0 0%
  • ESTP

0 0%
  • ENTP

0 0%
  • ESFJ

0 0%
  • ENFJ

2 7.69%
  • ESFP

1 3.85%
  • ENFP

19 73.08%
First 12345 Last

Thread: ENFP?

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    If I remember your test results you are extremly balanced ENFP.
    What should explain the comments of others and why someone does not see you as ENFP.
    I agree. Take a look at my latest test results. Very, very balanced. 50/50 on T/F axis, 50/50 on J/P axis, which lends people to believe I can be pretty much...well...anything. However, my thinking and expression tends to push me slightly into the NF brackets, which makes ENFP the most likely with the really high Ne and Te as well as Fi scores.

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    Well, I thought you were an INFJ really, and the T preference/balance could be because of the tertiary Ti. But the same thing goes for ENFP, only with tertiary Te. I'd swear I just got an INFJ vibe from you though...
    I agree. Te often goes crazy with me, which makes people ABSOLUTELY SURE I could not be an F, combined with the fact that my Fe is REALLY low, and people often associate T behavior with a low Fe.

As far as I can remember, INFJs often seem rather P as well

You can tell us a bit about yourself, that usually helps when typing people , as annoying as it is for you to go to the effort

edit: just noticed the cognitive functions results... I doubt INFJ, ENFP sounds right (by default).
    I hope typing this stuff helped a bit.

It was mostly a hunch, I'd say. The NF is a certainty, and INFJ/ENFP both have fairly high Thinking functions, It was a tossup between the two, and since ENFPs are frequently uber perceivers 4 life (not to mention your rather high Introverted score), I was led to think INFJ. Plus your avatar and name thing fits the mold rather nicely too. ENFPs with high Te are rather odd I think, there's one at INTPc called Etherrealsage. I can't remember exactly what it was that made her hard to type, but it could have been supremely high Te. She says that she isn't a normal ENFP
    Jeffster also helped me in chat by explaining what Keirsey calls the 'Idealist' type. That seemed to really match my ideas and how I was expressing them, which would definitely make me an NF, narrowing it down to INFJ, ENFJ, INFP, ENFP. Considering my really high Ne, ENFJ and INFJ seem less likely. That leaves INFP and ENFP. Sooo, the question is Fi > Ne > Si > Te or Ne > Fi > Te > Si. Thinking is too strong to be in last position, and Ne is much stronger than Fi. So I'm going with ENFP, I think...

What do you think about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    maybe you're just really a type that the MBTI hasn't described. your function order seems skewed from the norm.
    That might be true. Perhaps the test is not designed for people like me, who I would call 'situational' people: 'It depends' is our middle name, and the behavior changes according to the situation. I can act very E and I, very S and N, very T and F, and very J or P depending on the situation.

That's why I think the cognitive function test is much more helpful for people like me, who seem very balanced when it comes to the individual letters. When I take that test, it is clear that Ne, Fi and Te are the front runners, which probably would dump me more into the ENFP (or perhaps more accurately: WEIRD ENFP) category.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    You seem very ISTJ to me.
    This is an interesting analysis. I would agree that in stressful situations, such as tests, I can exhibit this behavior. But I would not say I'm like this on a regular basis in my free time. It's interesting that you mention this though, why do you think so, if I may ask?

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    Normal ENFP?

I´m not positive. But never though LL wasn´t ENFP.
    This falls in line with me being an unusual ENFP.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    I think you're an ESFP with a very highly developed N. Or perhaps an ENFP with a very highly developed S. I think you break even there.
    I often thought about that, LadyJaye, and so I talked with Jeffster quite a bit to try to find out the difference between an ESFP and an ENFP. He indicated me that my manner of expression was simply more in line with NF behavior than SP behavior.

For example, he asked me the question, "What is the sense of life?" or something like that and I answered, "To help develop myself further, and to help others along their evolutionary path." He said that an SP would be more likely to say, "To experience lots of stuff." Although that is important, it's not the most important thing for me.

After I took the cognitive functions test, it was clear that Ne was the forerunner. However, the interesting thing is that there was only a 7 square spread between my highest and lowest cognitive function, meaning that I have an average use with almost every function, good use of Fi and Te and excellent use of Ne.

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    ENFP.
    Thanks for sharing. Why do you think so, if I may ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Wonkavision View Post
    ENFP or ENFJ.

Very ENFP-ish in every respect except for one thing I can't quite put my finger on, but which "feels" J-ish to me.

Sorry I can't be more concrete about it, but based on my interactions with you, my gut tells me you are slightly more J than P.
    Ahh, yes, this is quite interesting. Most of the ENFPs on here have very strong scores, I notice. Like 80% P or something like that. With me, it's almost always between 48-50% J and 50-52% P. Same with the T/F axis, which makes me quite a conundrum indeed, which is why I asked for your help.

At the end of the day, though, if you look at other tests as well, like the cognitive functions test, you can see that Ni/Fe is quite a bit less (though not much) than my Ne/Fi/Te axis. This would indicate less of a likelihood that I am ENFJ and more of a likelihood that I am ENFP.

Interestingly enough, I think I wear an ENFJ 'hat' when I teach, which is like 80% of my waking hours during the week, which has probably really developed my personality and shaped it.

What do you think, though?
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Oh, that's interesting, someone thinks I'm an ISTJ....I wonder why.
    I was just kidding. Sorry if I sounded serious, lol. You don't really sound ISTJ. I don't know enough about you to take a guess at your type.

Firstly, you are not an S. Find one post in the S forum with this type of self analysis. Actually, you won´t find many posts that aren´t by a dominant N or T with this type of analysis. This leaves your choices as ENFP, INFJ, or an NT.

This statement also screams ENFP.
    "To help develop myself further, and to help others along their evolutionary path."

Also, you don´t need Te to logic the shit out of people. Ne is brilliant at it. Logic is connections and comparisons. And we over-rely on Ne more than any type.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

agree with noigmn...you just happen to be one of the fortunate ones with developed j and can employ it when necessary...doesn't mean it's necessarily your preference just that you're comfortable with it...perhaps.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    I was just kidding. Sorry if I sounded serious, lol. You don't really sound ISTJ. I don't know enough about you to take a guess at your type.
    Hehe Maybe you just wanted me in your little group - so that's a compliment, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    Firstly, you are not an S. Find one post in the S forum with this type of self analysis. Actually, you won´t find many posts that aren´t by a dominant N or T with this type of analysis. This leaves your choices as ENFP, INFJ, or an NT.

This statement also screams ENFP.
    "To help develop myself further, and to help others along their evolutionary path."

Also, you don´t need Te to logic the shit out of people. Ne is brilliant at it. Logic is connections and comparisons. And we over-rely on Ne more than any type.
    True. I think ENFP is pretty accurate, even if some people believe I'm NT.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    agree with noigmn...you just happen to be one of the fortunate ones with developed j and can employ it when necessary...doesn't mean it's necessarily your preference just that you're comfortable with it...perhaps.
    That could be. Good point! Thanks.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

garbage

You made some post about "feeling" ISTJ at one point. It resonated with me down to nearly the last detail.

It's possible to still tap into tertiary and inferior functions if you'd been using them for a while.

For reference, I've found that as I've matured, I've become a lot like my first psychologist, a bona-fide ENFP. He was very analytical, and I would've thought him to be some sort of introverted thinking type.

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    You made some post about "feeling" ISTJ at one point. It resonated with me down to nearly the last detail.

It's possible to still tap into tertiary and inferior functions if you'd been using them for a while.

For reference, I've found that as I've matured, I've become a lot like my first psychologist, a bona-fide ENFP. He was very analytical, and I would've thought him to be some sort of introverted thinking type.
    Being quite a balanced type, I think this enables me to tap into any function if necessary at will, but I have most trouble with Fe (this was really bad as a child, but it's better now, perhaps through teaching) and Se (still have trouble with that - though my husband helps me develop it by 'waking me up' to the world around me).

As I said in the introverted ENTP thread (our nearest cousin), I think of ENFP like this:

Ne makes, creates, and formulates the vision.
    Fi judges, evaluates, and analyses the vision.
    Te structures, implements, and makes the vision HAPPEN.
    Si provides the factual basis, the foundation and the details of the vision.

Alternatively Ti can take the place of Fi and Fe can take the place of Te, but I don't feel as comfortable with that.

And that really kind of sums up how I work....So I think that makes me definitely more ENFP than anything else....

When I just need to mechanically/technically get 'shit' done, I sometimes launch into ISTJ mode, particularly before a test, where I just have to learn and remember a shit load of detail in a very systematic manner....

Of course more verbal, spontaneous, intuitive tasks like essay writing and analysis come more easily to me, but I like to store a warehouse of facts sometimes to backup any potential argument I have to make, thus the HUGE emphasis on my inferior functions before an exam.

However, this *can* (doesn't have to, if I enjoy the subject) make me really stressed, providing a great relief when the whole thing is over. This means that after the test is over (or at most a year later) I've actually forgotten all these facts and reverted back to my more bird's eye perspective.

MBTI
    xNFP

MMDI MBTI Test Results

INFJ 69%
    INFP 67%
    INTJ 65%
    ENFP 63%
    ENFJ 60%
    ENTP 58%
    ISFP 58%
    INTP 57%
    ESFJ 51%
    ENTJ 50%
    ISFJ 50%
    ISTP 48%
    ISTJ 45%
    ESFP 43%
    ESTJ 41%
    ESTP 39%

Which totally contradicts this:

Extraversion: 64 (average: not subdued loner or jovial chatterbox)

Friendliness: 49 (average)
    Gregariousness: 64 (average)
    Assertiveness: 49 (average)
    Activity level: 83 (high)
    Excitement seeking: 56 (average)
    Cheerfulness: 61 (average)

Agreeableness: 31 (low: less concern with others' needs than your own; tough, critical, uncompromising) HEY!!!! That's crap!!!!!

Trust: 28 (low)
    Morality (more guarded, less willing to open up): 22 (low)
    Altruism: 70 (high)
    Cooperation: 52 (average)
    Modesty: 39 (average)
    Sympathy: 17 (lowww probably because I want prisoners to rottttttt!!!)

Conscientiousness: 47 (average: reasonably reliable, organized and self-controlled)

Self-efficacy: 38 (average)
    Orderliness: 49 (average)
    Dutifulness: 59 (average)
    Achievement striving: 84 (high)
    Self-discipline: 47 (average)
    Cautiousness: 17 (low)

Neuroticism: 56 (average: stressful and frustrating situations are upsetting, but can get over them and cope with life)

Anxiety: 42 (average)
    Anger: 70 (high)
    Depression: 44 (average)
    Self-consciousness: 40 (average)
    Immoderation: 63 (average)
    Vulnerability: 71 (high)

Openness: 71 (high: you enjoy novelty, variety, and change. You are curious, imaginative, and creative.)

Imagination: 95 (high: There's Ne shining through!!!)
    Artistic interests: 48 (average)
    Emotionality: 70 (high: There's Fi making its appearance!)
    Adventurousness: 80 (high)
    Intellect: 70 (high: There's the strong Te!!)
    Liberalism: 14 (HAHAHAHA! Awesome!)

So that means I'm really average except for being a super duper open, conservative person. Sounds about right to me. Probably the only ENFP on here who scored 14 on the liberalism score. Muhahahahhahaahhahaha!

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

I'm a frequent lurker, but I've read a number of your posts.

To me, you're the embodiment of what an ENFP looks like when their tertiary function is developed. I've ran into a few similar-minded individuals and they could certainly give off an extroverted thinking impression when the time calls for it. You almost wouldn't believe otherwise until you take the time to identify their ulterior motivations. (BTW, they all work in the academia, if that indicates anything.) Using the 8 functions may bring about deeper insight to your true type in this case. A simple E vs. I test doesn't describe which functions are extroverted or introverted. If the test uses Fe as their criteria for feeling, then someone who relies on Fi can be sorted into the thinking realm. In addition, we aren't just 100% of one side; we execute them to various degrees and at separate energy costs. It's a matter of where those preferences arrange themselves in a natural environment that determines who we are.

ESFP? ISTJ? Hmmmm, it's unlikely. You seem to have a great obsession with your vision of how things should be. A sensor would prefer to live in the moment.

Te (or Fe) also makes a person appear more sensing because of their heighten recognition of reality.

PS: Excuse any repetition of the prior posts. I skimmed this thread.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
    I'm a frequent lurker, but I've read a number of your posts.

To me, you're the embodiment of what an ENFP looks like when their tertiary function is developed. I've ran into a few similar-minded individuals and they could certainly give off an extroverted thinking impression when the time calls for it. You almost wouldn't believe otherwise until you take the time to identify their ulterior motivations. (BTW, they all work in the academia, if that indicates anything.) Using the 8 functions may bring about deeper insight to your true type in this case. A simple E vs. I test doesn't describe which functions are extroverted or introverted. If the test uses Fe as their criteria for feeling, then someone who relies on Fi can be sorted into the thinking realm. In addition, we aren't just 100% of one side; we execute them to various degrees and at separate energy costs. It's a matter of where those preferences arrange themselves in a natural environment that determines who we are.

ESFP? ISTJ? Hmmmm, it's unlikely. You seem to have a great obsession with your vision of how things should be. A sensor would prefer to live in the moment.

Te (or Fe) also makes a person appear more sensing because of their heighten recognition of reality.

PS: Excuse any repetition of the prior posts. I skimmed this thread.
    Yes! This makes complete sense to me, actually. Sure, all of the functions can be used, but they drain me sometimes (like Fe when I teach). I love classes where I can be more imaginative, have great discussions and debates, etc. Sometimes I have to be like a psychologist, and I can just feeeeeeel the energy flow away from me to the other person. It's rewarding, fulfilling, but draining.

I'm a very balanced person in terms of functions, which makes it hard to analyze. At the end of the day, I think Ne rules though, especially in my free time. Fi provides my moral foundation. Te provides the framework so that I'm not all over the place. Si really has a supporting function that crops up at unexpected times or when I need it (e.g. for a test), in which it can be quite effective.

Te moments do come rather frequently, which is good. Think of it like this:

Ne is the architectural plan and overall vision of the house.
    Fi provides a solid foundation.
    Te provides the framework.
    Si are the little details.

So I think you're right. Although some claim that cognitive functions are useless or even misleading, I think they provide a great deal more insight into a very balanced person like me.

Thank you for your input - I do appreciate it!