User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Interesting. I never really got into Socionics, either. I think it seemed a bit more new-agey (like Enneagram) so I kind of ignored it. MBTI had the illusion of seeming less bunky but now I'm not so sure.
    That was my take when I was shuffling types but I found reading this cleared up a lot of questions I hadn't been able to find answers to by using MBTI.

Actually, good question. What type are you? I've always thought of you as the Ivy type.

Functions
    Music thread starter
    Kutiman fan
    The lady who likes the sheep dog
    etc

MBTI
    INTJ

I've totally been experiencing confirmation bias since last time! I now think it is all but obvious that you are a springy Ne user, not a dogged Ni user, and also that you are a no-nonsense Te user rather than an academic Ti user. Add to it that mature Fi users learn to wield some Fe (and that the differences between learned and natural Fe are less salient online) and that mature IXFPs learn to restrain their Fi, and as far as I'm concerned you're all set as a mature but not irregular exemplar of the (N) type that struggles the most with typing themselves.

Still, choosing one feels like falsely limiting myself, and I often react to the other types' camaraderie by identifying as the odd-type-out (i.e. when INTPs talk about what horrible mates ISFJs make, I tend to hop in and speak as an ISFJ, or if INTJs are talking about how aimless INTPs are I might jump in and speak as an INTP).
    This sure sounds to me like extroverted perception in action in support of contrary Fi! (A TP might exhibit the same type of contrarian reaction, but it seems more founded in their fetishization of objective truth (you-must-respect-the-logic/the-data :rolli: ) than in their identification with a belittled party, even when the latter is also in play (witness ptgatsby in a thread about e.g. bullying).) As for your resistance to 'falsely limiting yourself to one type', I must say I admire the strength of your Fi defense against the logical concession of your best-fit type.

Disclaimer: Remember, I do acknowledge my spectacular lapse into confirmation bias! I'm just throwing this in since you request perspectives on how you are viewed, and this is my (current ) perspective.

... That said, I would appreciate having my attention drawn to evidence of Ni and Ti in action on your part. I don't recall any displays of toonia/Athenian200-style philosophizing from you, which I would expect from an INFJ with your level of (Big Five) Intellectual Curiosity.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Ivy: I don't know you all that well, but from what I've seen of your interaction on the forum, I would say that you strike me as INFP. Your posting style reminds me of heart's a bit, and like Economica said, your description of identifying/defending the party being ganged-upon is a pretty strong indicator of INFP.

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    I don't recall any displays of toonia/Athenian200-style philosophizing from you, which I would expect from an INFJ with your level of (Big Five) Intellectual Curiosity.
    I agree.

-My two cents.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I really appreciate all the responses. I guess INFP is the most likely culprit here. I have to admit it just doesn't feel authentic to me, although I guess striving for authenticity is kind of an INFP thing to begin with.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

This thread has reminded me that the rest of the world lives in 2009 as well
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I really appreciate all the responses. I guess INFP is the most likely culprit here. I have to admit it just doesn't feel authentic to me, although I guess striving for authenticity is kind of an INFP thing to begin with.
    Yeah. You're definitely IxFx. And INFP has IF as it's two strongest letters.

I guess I might not have wanted to type you as INFP because you just don't seem quite random or disorderly enough in your thought process and communication to be P in most respects. Then again, a lot of people who type as INTP surprise me in the same way. I've been encountering a lot of very clever INFPs lately. Perhaps you're another one.

The main thing that throws me off is... well, you don't show a lot of Te bluntness or Fi drive and will. Ah, well... MBTI doesn't really make that much sense, anyway.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Ah, well... MBTI doesn't really make that much sense, anyway.
    (Oops, was I not supposed to admit that as an admin on a forum that is pretty much based on it? Oh well!)
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

deleted

Ivy's type:

MBTI
    INTJ

I have to say I love the differences in our approach to MBTI in general and our own types in particular. I mean, I initiate small talk with strangers at social gatherings (that I happily attend), I readily share my feelings with friends and even acquaintances, I care more about romance than success and - here's the real kicker - I'm (admittedly newly) open-minded. And by now I have enough experience with typing to know the limitations of MBTI all too well. Yet I have no qualms whatsoever identifying as an INTJ and I would never concur that MBTI does not make that much sense.