User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Why would an ESTP theoretically care more about what people think about than an ESFP?

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    Why would an ESTP theoretically care more about what people think about than an ESFP?
    I don't know, higher extroverted feeling. That's why I said I could be wrong. I'm hoping someone can answer these questions.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    I don't know, higher extroverted feeling. That's why I said I could be wrong. I'm hoping someone can answer these questions.
    I actually agree with that, based on the ESTPs & ESFPs I know.

I think that an ESTP possessing Fe is a lot more concerned with what people think of them in a social sort of way. The ones I know find it very important for people to like them, not based on any deep emotional connection, but as a sign of their own social competence. They feel really good when they've schmoozed someone. On the other hand, you could say something very personally insulting and they tend to brush it off, as they aren't that emotionally sensitive.

An ESFP, however, will be out on the dance floor dancing crazy with their nose pierced and not care what anyone thinks of them. If they look goofy or offend more conservative people, they don't care. Status & reputation is not so important to them. However, say something about who they are as a person, such as a moral judgment, and they will feel it deeply and react, due to Fi. More personally sensitive than socially sensitive.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I actually agree with that, based on the ESTPs & ESFPs I know.

An ESFP, however, will be out on the dance floor dancing crazy with their nose pierced and not care what anyone thinks of them. If they look goofy or offend more conservative people, they don't care. Status & reputation is not so important to them. However, say something about who they are as a person, such as a moral judgment, and they will feel it deeply and react, due to Fi. More personally sensitive than socially sensitive.
    This is true. For some reason I was assuming TheChosenOne knew that this guy cared about what people thought of him based on actual conversations with him. I've had so many ESFP friends that of course I know that, like all SPs, they want to make an impact on people, and they want to be noticed. And I know they care about what people think. But if you can see that just from observing him, and not because he's telling you he cares, then that does sound like an ESTP.