• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Could I have totally mistyped myself?

Popsicle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I am beginning to think I may be totally wrong about my MBTI type. I have tested myself several times and always get either INTP or INFP. I seem to be pretty balanced between T and F. I have read various INTP and INFP profiles and INTP just seemed to "fit" better. There are aspects of both types that don't seem to fit me, but INFP seemed further off.

In order to settle this once and for all (silly me!), I took a cognitive processes test. (Is it relevant that it bothered me that I was unsure?)

The cognitive processes test gave me a result of INFJ. What? I'm sooo not J. I'm disorganized, messy, and procrastinate. However, if I'm being honest with myself, I do like things to be settled -- sometimes it really bothers me to not know what to expect. And though I may be messy and disorganized, I do feel better, more at peace, when I'm not. I just seem to have a hard time staying that way.

Anyway, I looked at a few INFJ profiles and they seem to fit fairly well. I really think the main reason I settled on INTP was that I use Ti and Fe far more than Te and Fi...but that also fits with INFJ.

Of course, there's also a part of me that say INFJ is supposedly the rarest type, so it's rather unlikely that I'm INFJ.

Any ideas? Is it possible that I was that wrong on my type? Is this a common mischaracterization? INTP and INFJ seem rather different to me.

heart

heart on fire
INFJ are not always organized in the physical world. Inferior Se.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am beginning to think I may be totally wrong about my MBTI type.

I'm beginning to think that you're simply reading into it way too much.

I have tested myself several times and always get either INTP or INFP. I seem to be pretty balanced between T and F. I have read various INTP and INFP profiles and INTP just seemed to "fit" better. There are aspects of both types that don't seem to fit me, but INFP seemed further off.

In order to settle this once and for all (silly me!), I took a cognitive processes test. (Is it relevant that it bothered me that I was unsure?)

The cognitive processes test gave me a result of INFJ. What? I'm sooo not J. I'm disorganized, messy, and procrastinate. However, if I'm being honest with myself, I do like things to be settled -- sometimes it really bothers me to not know what to expect. And though I may be messy and disorganized, I do feel better, more at peace, when I'm not. I just seem to have a hard time staying that way.

Anyway, I looked at a few INFJ profiles and they seem to fit fairly well. I really think the main reason I settled on INTP was that I use Ti and Fe far more than Te and Fi...but that also fits with INFJ.

Of course, there's also a part of me that say INFJ is supposedly the rarest type, so it's rather unlikely that I'm INFJ.

Any ideas? Is it possible that I was that wrong on my type? Is this a common mischaracterization? INTP and INFJ seem rather different to me.

Now, I actually do think you're reading into it too much.

wolfy

awsm
Everybody could have completely mistyped themselves. Just go with what feels right.

Popsicle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Everybody could have completely mistyped themselves. Just go with what feels right.

Ha! Doing that has gotten me into trouble on several occasions.... :blush:

But you are probably right. I am leaning toward INFJ, even though I don't really think of my self as J-ish. I'm still undecided.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
if it helps...my mother is a totally messy disorganized infj. :)

wolfy

awsm
Ha! Doing that has gotten me into trouble on several occasions.... :blush:

But you are probably right. I am leaning toward INFJ, even though I don't really think of my self as J-ish. I'm still undecided.

It's really hard to decide and very easy to over think. Perhaps you could just choose the type that feels best and see how you fit in with people of the same type on here.

If you use a system to choose a type don't mix the systems it only gets more confusing. Pick one system and see what type you are.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Determine your temperament and it will settle whether you are one or the other.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I type-bounce a lot. You could be totally wrong, or you could be on to something. Um... I was going to have a point, but I don't remember what it was. Don't you just love how helpful I am?

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Best check for J tendency...

Do you get the urge to tidy things up when you have somebody coming over for a visit?

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Best check for J tendency...

Do you get the urge to tidy things up when you have somebody coming over for a visit?

Ha Ha. I'm not sure I'd go along with that... I'm definitely not a J, and I practically panic to tidy things up before anyone might see my place.

Popsicle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I type-bounce a lot. You could be totally wrong, or you could be on to something. Um... I was going to have a point, but I don't remember what it was. Don't you just love how helpful I am?

I sure do. :yes:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ha Ha. I'm not sure I'd go along with that... I'm definitely not a J, and I practically panic to tidy things up before anyone might see my place.

actually yeah me too. that's the best way to get me to clean...just trick me into believe someone is coming over...i'm like a mad woman...cleaning and putting flowers in vases and candles and all sorts of things.

so...the opposite is true i'm thinking...do you need pressure to clean? haha

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I don't think how clean your house is defines whether or not you're a J or a P. If it does, then this completely screws over my ISTJ theory. You guys don't want me switching my type again, do you? ;)