User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Wow, thank you Lady. You've really given me a lot to think about. I'm going to reread what you wrote and see what I can figure out.

If it's that hard to figure out, it probably doesn't matter which one of the types you tend to prefer most. How comfortable are you with ambiguity?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    If it's that hard to figure out, it probably doesn't matter which one of the types you tend to prefer most. How comfortable are you with ambiguity?
    Obviously, not very.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Ok, I have given this probably way too much thought. I have decided that I am INFJ.

I have had a lot of insightful responses in this thread and I have changed the way I have looked at things. Because I had always tested about equally T and F, I had assumed I must be either INTP or INFP. I spent a lot of time reading profiles and INTP just seemed to "fit" better than INFP.

However, I still was a little unsure, and so tried a few new tests. I got INFJ twice. This was a surprise -- I had never thought of myself as J. I'm messy and disorganized. I can't possibly be J, can I? I never scored a very strong P, but I really wouldn't have thought J. Of course, on further reflection, though I like to *think* of myself as flexible, I must to admit that I like to plan ahead and I like to have things decided and finalized and having things too open-ended makes me rather uncomfortable.

On further reflection (and a cognitive processes test), I realized that I scored very high in both Fe and Ti, which explained not only why INFP didn't seem to fit , but why INTP did and why INFJ might. I also studied the temperaments and realized I was more NF than NT...so I was left with INFP and INFJ...and I already knew INFP didn't feel right.

I also read on here a lot of posts about INFJs and found that I related to them. I also found I am not the only person who has confused INTP and INFJ. Those posts from others who did were the posts I related to most.

So thank you to all of you who replied. I do feel that I have found the right type...though a part of me will miss thinking of myself as INTP.