123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Default What do you think . . . ?

It's supposed to be impossible to have an X in your type, so I'd be interested to hear what you think I am. Here are some traits that may or may not be useful:

-At least online, I tend not to get along too well with INTPs. It's a mystery why they would think so, but they seem to consider me too emo or touchy-feely. Or something like that. It's a little confusing to me.

-I have a keen eye for logical fallacies. I automatically sense when something a person says does not add up or when I'm presented with a weak argument. Armed by this and moral convictions, I used to be an active online debater and was pretty good at it, at least compared with my opponents. I no longer debate, though, because it all seems so trivial and subjective that there's no point in stirring up drama over it.

-I'm annoyed when people cling to rationality. I value reason as a tool, not as a box to put myself in. I use reason often, but reason is a means to focus my beliefs and imagination, and to analyze and predict things with, not an ideal or an end in itself and certainly not an arbiter of truth.

-In real life I have an aura of being serious and proper (there's something stereotypically British about it, although I'm American), tempered by a hint of gloominess. At the same time, I can be silly and eccentric, which is a side of me seen by few people.

-I'm fairly indifferent to society and larger groups, and far more concerned with the individual. In groups my natural instinct is to side with the underdog. I loathe herd mentality and have a tendency to be suspicious of groups and associations. My main problem with them is that they encourage conformity, which is something I hate. I also dislike the way groups tend to have little sympathy for those who don't fit in, particularly since I'm often in that position.

-My feelings are by far their strongest in relation to other people. When I'm by myself, I tend to run dry and go a little numb. I depend almost entirely on others for my emotions, which, since I'm isolated, means I'm emotionally dead most of the time.

-As an adolescent, I was sensitive, moody, and guided by values rather than logic. I've changed since then, so that I'm far more focused on logic. If I'm not a Thinker now, I'm close to it.

-My internal world is not very orderly. I don't relate to the people who describe there being structures and maps in their heads. I have a vague sense of frameworks and principles in my head, but they're more on a gut level than something tangible or prominent.

-While my cognitive processes suggest I'm a Perceiver, I almost always score as a J.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

INFJ, because of this:

I'm annoyed when people cling to rationality. I value reason as a tool, not as a box to put myself in. I use reason often, but reason is a means to focus my beliefs and imagination, and to analyze and predict things with, not an ideal or an end in itself and certainly not an arbiter of truth.

In real life I have an aura of being serious and proper

My feelings are by far their strongest in relation to other people. When I'm by myself, I tend to run dry and go a little numb. I depend almost entirely on others for my emotions, which, since I'm isolated, means I'm emotionally dead most of the time.

I have a vague sense of frameworks and principles in my head, but they're more on a gut level than something tangible or prominent.

I see Fe Ni from that. And feelers can be very rational and intelligent. INFJs often test INTP because of this.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm thinking infj as well.

Phantonym

Welcome to the INFJ-dom, Nunki

MBTI
    I

I say INFJ, because you seem very in touch with your feelings. Plus the fact that you said you depend on others for your emotions is big. Stick a fork in this, it's done... INFJ.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Sounds pretty INFJ to me.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

I agree with the consensus-- INFJ

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

ESTP!
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

I have a hard time seeing myself as an INFJ. Aren't INFJs supposed to be focused on trying to help society at large? To me, the least interesting thing is society and groups. It seems that the larger the collection of people, the less I'm inclined to care. It's also worth noting that I was in a more Feeler-ish mood when I made that post. I'm not always like that. It's just as often that I come off as emotionless and cerebral. Like so many of my traits, I'm torn between these two opposing sides, and it's hard to say which one is dominant or if one should even be called that.

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin
    ESTP!
    Don't even go there. I'll eat you for breakfast, although there are many excellent ESTPs and my father is one of them.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Nunki View Post
    I have a hard time seeing myself as an INFJ. Aren't INFJs supposed to be focused on trying to help society at large? To me, the least interesting thing is society and groups. It seems that the larger the collection of people, the less I'm inclined to care. It's also worth noting that I was in a more Feeler-ish mood when I made that post. I'm not always like that. It's just as often that I come off as emotionless and cerebral. Like so many of my traits, I'm torn between these two opposing sides, and it's hard to say which one is dominant or if one should even be called that.
    Browse through this monstrosity of a thread - You know you're an INFJ when...

I can guarantee that you'll be as confused as ever. Some things you'll probably relate to and some things seem pretty strange. But they don't call us complex for nothing.