First 123

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Some INFPs type very formally, although INFJs are more likely to express themselves that way. I was suggesting to get a feel for the sentiments expressed also, not just typing style. There will be overall differences in the way thoughts/feelings are expressed between the types and the actual thoughts/feelings; the more you read of each, the clearer the divide is.
    It would take me a long time to digest all of the conversation on those forums. I was going more by my encounters with INFJs and INFPs on other websites. My sense is that I relate more to the conversation style of INFJs. INFPs have been described as soft and fuzzy, inside and out, and that tends to come through in their speech. I'm more like INFJs, in that I have a hard side and a soft side, either of which may come through. Of course, there could be explanations for that which would allow me to be an INFP, so I'm not sure what to make of it.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

MBTI should never be regarded as the only or ultimate truth. for this alone i consider X to be a choice, since your function order may be different in practice than that of your type.

but you could at least be consistent in you naming habits. if you're on the border between P and J, then it too would be considered X, and not p.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Nunki View Post
    It would take me a long time to digest all of the conversation on those forums. I was going more by my encounters with INFJs and INFPs on other websites. My sense is that I relate more to the conversation style of INFJs. INFPs have been described as soft and fuzzy, inside and out, and that tends to come through in their speech. I'm more like INFJs, in that I have a hard side and a soft side, either of which may come through. Of course, there could be explanations for that which would allow me to be an INFP, so I'm not sure what to make of it.
    I have to agree, when i first read your message here i instantly thought "infj" cause that's what the text felt like to me. I would agree that the typical infp style of writing could be characterized as sorta...soft, but then again, that's the stereotype, which tend to be, at least often in infps' case, um, kinda annoying. I personally used to write in a reaally formal style earlier, i suppose it's been getting softer and softer.
    Yeah, i wish i could be more of a help. You do seem NF though, at least you got that sorted out. I'm still thinking you sound like an infj, but then again i don't actually know you so that's not really valid. The funny thing is, infjs are usually really certain of their type at first, even if they have it wrong, at least until questioned, whereas infps always doubt their type a lot (it's the Ne).

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

You remind me of myself in a lot of ways. I was going to hone in on the differences and suggest INFP or INTJ (because I thought I was just seeing an INFJ due to wanting to see one), but since others have suggested INFJ, I'll agree that you seem to be one.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Sentura
    MBTI should never be regarded as the only or ultimate truth. for this alone i consider X to be a choice, since your function order may be different in practice than that of your type.

but you could at least be consistent in you naming habits. if you're on the border between P and J, then it too would be considered X, and not p.
    I agree that it's a bad idea to consider typology the ultimate truth. My main reason for wanting to fill in the blanks is that I'm uncomfortable with ambiguity, at least when it comes to core issues like my personality. There's also the fact that saying I'm an X-anything runs against the very theory I use to describe myself.

Quote Originally Posted by klpi
    The funny thing is, infjs are usually really certain of their type at first, even if they have it wrong, at least until questioned, whereas infps always doubt their type a lot (it's the Ne).
    I did have certainty, initially. When I first got into the MBTI I saw a few different scores, but INTP was the one I seized on. I was very out of touch with myself during that period of my life, due to various circumstances, and so I only identified with my more intellectual side. It was when I started looking into cognitive processes that doubts began to arise, and that became even more the case when other Thinkers began to insist I was a Feeler. I also agree that stereotypes are annoying. That's why I was careful to put in the caveat "have been described as. . . ."

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200
    You remind me of myself in a lot of ways. I was going to hone in on the differences and suggest INFP or INTJ (because I thought I was just seeing an INFJ due to wanting to see one), but since others have suggested INFJ, I'll agree that you seem to be one.
    It's interesting that you were considering INTJ. I've gotten that a couple of times online, but I'm a long way from that type. I like to plan ahead, but I don't have the logical, efficient approach of an INTJ. My approach is to get a sense of where things are going or where I would like them to go, and then to hammer out only enough details to send them in the right direction.

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

I agree that it's a bad idea to consider typology the ultimate truth. My main reason for wanting to fill in the blanks is that I'm uncomfortable with ambiguity, at least when it comes to core issues like my personality. There's also the fact that saying I'm an X-anything runs against the very theory I use to describe myself.
    so you're basically saying that if you change the 4 letter MBTI code, it'll change your personality?

you'll always be the same person regardless of what you type yourself as. don't try to relate if there is no relation, because that would go against your own personality.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    so you're basically saying that if you change the 4 letter MBTI code, it'll change your personality?
    No, but it would change my personality, now that you mention it. How you see yourself at any moment is a major factor in the actions you take, and those actions further define who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentura
    you'll always be the same person regardless of what you type yourself as. don't try to relate if there is no relation, because that would go against your own personality.
    I think there is a relation, though. I'm just looking for the strongest one (and not the perfect one: I'll never find that). Right now I'm thinking I relate a little more to the mindset of an INFP. The thing I find telling is that INFJs apparently lack that inner sense of values that is so core to me. For them, values are much more an external, shared kind of thing, and that's almost the opposite of my mindset. Of course, that may be a misunderstanding on my part, but that's the impression I got from reading the "INFJ or INFP" website.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

The thing I find telling is that INFJs apparently lack that inner sense of values that is so core to me. For them, values are much more an external, shared kind of thing, and that's almost the opposite of my mindset.
    The one thing I don't lack is an inner sense of values.