User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20


  1. #11


    I would agree, but arent INTPs meant to be good at math, engineering etc? This is where i FAIL

  2. #12


    Quote Originally Posted by Charizmatic View Post
    I would agree, but arent INTPs meant to be good at math, engineering etc? This is where i FAIL
    Not really, I suck at math as well. Just one of those silly stereotypes. INTPs are natural analysts, but they're not omniscient; an INTP will only be good at math if they have an interest in it.

  3. #13
    Habitual Fi LineStepper Array JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008


    Quote Originally Posted by Charizmatic View Post
    I would agree, but arent INTPs meant to be good at math, engineering etc? This is where i FAIL
    Not at all. We're attracted to systems, general principles, objective analysis, etc. Doesn't mean we're great at math. MBTI doesn't really say much about aptitude, just preference for certain things.

  4. #14
    AKA Nunki Array Polaris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    451 sp/sx
    INFp Ni


    I don't see being a chameleon as something especially INTP-ish. The most chameleon-like person I know is my mother, who's an INFP. I think it has to do with the fact that she's a Nine on the Enneagram, Nine being a type that tends to take on others' characteristics and blend in. If you're a Nine as well, that may fully explain why you're a chameleon. That you describe yourself as the type to stand up for an underdog is another thing that makes me question the idea you're an INTP. In my experience, INTPs have very little sympathy for underdogs and are far more inclined to side with the group that the underdog stands apart from. This probably has to do with their preference for Fe over Fi.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

  5. #15



    Plan a schedule ahead and tend to follow it Very good at keeping own promises and appointments Do not like to leave unanswered questions Do not like to change own decisions Easily follow established rules and guidelines Often struggle to find a steady balance between own physical and spiritual self

    This is very, very me. Except for following established guidelines ( i question those a lot)

    I do feel like I am an INFJ. Although, I dont think I am as "nice" as they are percieved to be.

  6. #16
    IRL is not real Array Cimarron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    5w6 sp/so


    You say you're "extremely ambitious." What exactly do you mean?
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Array Into It's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008


    Quote Originally Posted by Charizmatic View Post
    LOL. I do love that classification. Fab.

    Antosocial one: I'm a lurker. Thats the reason I dont write very much on this board.

    Okay a couple of points about me:

    - Complete analyzer. I concoct theories about people the first time I meet them. I do however give them the benefit of the doubt. I also put together theories about actions of people, dependent on my experience. However these theories are generally about people rather than systems.
    - When I was younger I came across as very reserved to people, but now I am much more open. I can however put my guard up and down depending on the person. People who dont know me too well, generally would describe me as gentle and sweet - much more spirited and vocal when they know me.
    - I'm a psychologist by nature (I majored in psych), but then decided that I didnt want to become a "psychologist" and practice mental health, then I went (almost aimlessly) to one of the most expensive schools in the country and did a business masters. Saying all of this however, I did have a wide picture in my mind of how I wanted things to be.... I'm just starting to have doubts about how realistic they are.
    - Since entering the world of work, I've gathered experience in many ddifferent fields, and am not really satisfied with anything. Part of me thinks I am going to have to "try" everything before I really settle. (I know, that sounds crazy to me too).
    - I change my mind a lot, and tend not to commit too soon, but when I'm determined to do something I put things into complete practice and get what I want almost everytime.
    - Extremely ambitious
    - I spend a lot of time doing escapist activities. internet/ movies/ books. its what relaxes me.
    -I am extremely honest with myself and my own flaws. I can be very honest and frank with people that are close to me. Hoever I have found that this can irk some people, so I have been working on doing less of this!
    - My extravert personality is a bit of a chameleon. I find that almost unknowingly I take on other peoples habits or reactions to things - something else I have to be careful about because I feel like it doesnt reflect who I am.
    - I have a tendency to stick up for the underdog.
    -I can push people I'm close to very hard.
    - I love writing and want to publish something someday.
    - More than anything I value integrity and honesty - but also the ability to be smart and streetwise.
    - I love debate and probably analyze way too much, but I guess thats why we're on this site!

    BlackCat - curious to know why I think I'm an INFP in denial? I'm more than willing to accept if I am one.

    Thanks for your help guys. Let me know if you need anything else!
    This information sounds almost completely INFP to me. The "picking up of others' habits" I see in people with strong Fi, which is responsible for wanting to "be who you are". And your "escapist activities," as well as ditching psych for something completely unrelated is very INFP-like. INFPs often feel like their current situation is not good enough, and they need to leave all their money behind and go live in Haiti for a month.
    An inscription above the gate to Hell:
    "Eternal Love also created me"

  8. #18
    Queen hunter Array Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    135 so/sp


    Antisocial one: I'm a lurker. Thats the reason I dont write very much on this board.
    Well I was thinking that it is something like this.
    But less then 1 a month is still quite low.
    I am not accusing you for something. (Just to be clear)

  9. #19
    No Array Thalassa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    6w7 sx
    SEE Fi


    I think you might be an INFP. My second guess would be INTP.
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

    SEE-Fi /Gamma

  10. #20
    Junior Member Array klpi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009


    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I'll be honest....just in that short post I get an "INFP" vibe . Your way of writing is very INFP (which is how I finalized myself as one....the writing style was so familiar).
    This is what i thought when i read your opening message, very infp. The information you provided doesn't scream otherwise, either - quite the contrary.
    Also, i don't think this would be too unusual from an infp:
    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Well, if you like this board so much then why did you made only 13 posts in the last 20 months?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 64
    Last Post: 11-28-2014, 09:56 PM
  2. INFP, INFJ, or INTJ?
    By I'm Unregistered in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-18-2011, 03:07 PM
  3. INFP, INTP, or INTJ?
    By Fairymouse in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-27-2010, 06:08 PM
    By Torai in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-13-2008, 05:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts