User Tag List

123 Last

your resident asshole

Default Let me try this again...

My dilemma: deciding on whether or not I am an ISTP or an ISFP.

Depending on what test I take, my Fi can be stronger than my Ti, or my Ti can be stronger than my Fi. They are both my top two cognitive functions, which doesn't really make sense, considering that Fi should be foreign to an ISTP, and Ti should be foreign to an ISFP.

Help?

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

maybe you have both, just like me. in which case, it would make you an ISXP
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Which overall profile do you relate to?

I test INTP as much as I test INFP (if not more), but the INFP profile & other INFPs strike a chord with me that INTPs do not.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    maybe you have both, just like me. in which case, it would make you an ISXP
    Ehh, I suppose...

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Which overall profile do you relate to?

I test INTP as much as I test INFP (if not more), but the INFP profile & other INFPs strike a chord with me that INTPs do not.
    Both really. It's difficult to choose between them.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    My dilema: deciding on whether or not I am an ISTP or an ISFP.

Depending on what test I take, my Fi can be stronger than my Ti, or my Ti can be stronger than my Fi. They are both my top two cognitive functions, which doesn't really make sense, considering that Fi should be foreign to an ISTP, and Ti should be foreign to an ISFP.

Help?
    When you test for functions what you're testing for is the function strength, not the use. It's impossible to have both in the dominant slot. X types just can't exist.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

your resident asshole

So... what do I do?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

First off, where are the descriptions of Ti and Fi that you've read? If you're having this much confusion then the descriptions are obviously not good, of the functions and of the types, because ISTPs and ISFPs are very different.

What type descriptions can you relate to more? ISTP or ISFP?

I've seen what you've typed in other threads, and you seem to have a hard time believing that you have good Te (I'm pretty much set on you being ISFP). Is this what's causing most of your confusion? Being unable to put yourself in a box like the rest of the crowd? You don't have to be exactly like them. I can't relate to many other INFPs, if you can't relate to ISFPs then that's fine. You can just be different. Just so you know my Te is good as well, and that's caused me to sometimes doubt it, but eh not really anymore.

I think you may be confused for another reason, do you communicate in a T way? It's very possible to be an F and communicate like a T (I do this). Just because you act a certain way doesn't mean you're a certain type, what's on the inside is what matters.

I linked this in another thread of yours, but here it is again. http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post603900

Which of these can you relate to more? (Again linked in other thread)

Fi- Valuing; considering importance and worth; reviewing for incongruity; evaluating something based on the truths on which it is based; clarifying values to achieve accord; deciding if something is of significance and worth standing up for.

Ti- Analyzing; categorizing; evaluating according to principles and whether something fits the framework or model; figuring out the principles on which something works; checking for inconsistencies; clarying definitions to get more precision

EDIT: I'm not being rude mentioning the other threads, I'm saying it because maybe you could read what you and others said and perhaps find some clarity there. Hint, hint.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

your resident asshole

But isn't the third dichotomy based on decision-making? I don't base my desicions off of Fi.

*edit* I did read some of the thread and I have some key info copied down in notpad documents. It's just difficult for me. I realize that I'm probably being very frustrating also.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    But isn't the third dichotomy based on decision-making? I don't base my desicions off of Fi.
    That seems over simplified. You can't type yourself like that, that doesn't really work... I did it purely by functions, since as I've said I can't relate to many INFP profiles out there.

I make decisions based on logical reasoning usually, what the best thing would be to do based on logic. If something doesn't require that I do that then I'll go to what I feel like doing. I know that I have Fi because I am highly empathetic, have values, basically the whole shebang for Fi. Anything impersonal has Te applied to it. I consider my highest value to be logic as well, and being logical about the impersonal things in life. I generally think that if you make a decision that's impersonal based off of how you feel and that only then things will go bad. You need a nice balance, what makes sense and what works out for you.

So in short, I don't really base my decisions off of Fi, not entirely. It's voice will always be there, but I try to be logical about things at the same time.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    That seems over simplified. You can't type yourself like that, that doesn't really work... I did it purely by functions, since as I've said I can't relate to many INFP profiles out there.
    then what makes you so certain you are INFP? i would be inclined to believe descriptions of a type more than function order.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes