User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    I guess it does seem to fit me pretty well. The only problem I have with it is the J dichotomy. I don't really relate to being a planner and whatnot. And it also doesn't explain why I am always ISFP on this test: Free personality tests: find out your type Te is my least used function there. =/
    Firstly, let me tell you that I'm glad you brought up that link. That test is one of the most inaccurate type tests I've ever come across. I got some weird results that are definitely not me on that test, and ISTJ was well down the list. 8 of the 20 questions are what you like in others, not what you are yourself.

Take these tests, they're more accurate:

Personality test based on Jung - Myers-Briggs typology

Personality Test and Types (Jungian Psychological Typology)

Free Jung Personality Test

your resident asshole

Ahh okay. Thanks for telling me. The reason why I liked that test was because it asked specific questions and I could relate my reactions to the questions better. (Did that sentence make any sense to you? )

Anyway, here are my results...
    First test:
    Your Type is
    ISTJ
    Introverted - 17% strength of preference
    Sensing - 62% strenth of preference
    Thinking - 25% strength of preference
    Judging - 33% strength of preference
    Second test:

Third test:
    Introverted (I) 86.96% Extroverted (E) 13.04%
    Sensing (S) 63.64% Intuitive (N) 36.36%
    Thinking (T) 55.17% Feeling (F) 44.83%
    Perceiving (P) 56.67% Judging (J) 43.33%

Your type is: ISTP
    Hmm, interesting. I managed to score as ISTJ on the first one.

MBTI
    I

Hmm interesting, I sort of get what you're saying. Have you ever taken any of the Cognitive function tests?

That will be good. Try this one (and answer honestly) - Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes

Let me know what you get.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Hmm interesting, I sort of get what you're saying. Have you ever taken any of the Cognitive function tests?

That will be good. Try this one (and answer honestly) - Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes

Let me know what you get.
    Yes, I've taken that one before. The vagueness of the questions is really what throws off my answers. The first time I ever took it I got INFP and I knew immediately that I must have done something wrong. I have tried taking the test multiple times, and only once have I gotten ISTJ. All the other times said INFP for reasons that I'm not entirely sure of. Anyway I'll take it again right now... *goes to take test*

Results:
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************** (20)
    limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ************************************** (38.4)
    excellent use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) **************************** (28.4)
    average use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************* (21.1)
    limited use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************************* (33.3)
    good use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************** (38.1)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ***************** (17.2)
    limited use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************************* (43.3)
    excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ISTJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
    Introverted Sensing (Si): Stabilizing with a predictable standard. Carefully comparing a situation to the customary ways you’ve come to rely on. Checking with past experiences. Stabilizing a situation and invest for future security.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
    Extraverted Thinking (Te): Measuring and constructing for progress. Making decisions objectively based on evidence and measures. Checking if things function properly. Applying a procedure to control events and complete goals.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ESTJ, or INFP
    Sweet, another confirming result. I think I know what was happening before, though. I think that it was taking my strongest function, Fi, and my strongest extraverted function that fitted with Fi, which happened to be Ne for some odd reason. Something must have changed in my testing so that it managed to realize that it had to take Si, my second strongest function, and pair it with the strongest extraverted function that managed. This would be Si + Te, which equals ISTJ. Yes?

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Sweet, another confirming result. I think I know what was happening before, though. I think that it was taking my strongest function, Fi, and my strongest extraverted function that fitted with Fi, which happened to be Ne for some odd reason. Something must have changed in my testing so that it managed to realize that it had to take Si, my second strongest function, and pair it with the strongest extraverted function that managed. This would be Si + Te, which equals ISTJ. Yes?
    Yes. Now that I know your test results, you're ISTJ. And the cognitive functions just prove this.

MBTI
    INFP

Uhhh I will take a different tack since I don't believe people who don't know type should analyze themselves according to functions. If someone who is good with functions wants to analyze you based on what you say then that's one thing, but asking you to analyze yourself is a bit much.

If you haven't looked at everything here, try that. It has best fit type descriptions, along with descriptions of the different types at work, when in groups, performing certain jobs (sales), etc.

Look here and determine: Directing (ISTJ and ISTP) or Informing (ISFP) communication style? What is your interaction style? Chart-the-course (ISTJ and ISTP) or Behind-the-scenes (ISFP)?

What about temperament? That's kind of a big thing to overlook. SP or SJ?

your resident asshole

Well, I'll look at those things, but I've been looking at this thread right now: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...like-male.html

I find that I can really relate to a lot of what the ISTJ women are saying.