• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Let me try this again...

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Isn't there a simpler way to explain all of this? I'm a big fan of simplicity.

/DG/

Wait, I just thought of something. I have a strong Fi, Te, and Si. Would that make me an ISTJ? Si + Te + Fi + Ne

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Wait, I just thought of something. I have a strong Fi, Te, and Si. Would that make me an ISTJ? Si + Te + Fi + Ne

Remember when you first came here, remember I said you reminded me a lot of myself in terms of the threads you made and how you made them.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:doh: Adding to the confusion.

What I would suggest is go here and look at the ISFP or ISTJ answers.

And honestly can you relate to the J dichotomy?

/DG/

Well, it depends. Relating to doing work, I usually do things either right away or last-minute. There are is in-between. I am not naturally an organized person, but school has shown (and partially forced) me to be organized. I was never organized when I was younger and my desk in elementary school was a nightmare. Sometimes I let myself slip, but I try to get back on track. It's also necessary for me to plan vacations and certain things so that my events don't run into each other. But I like to just randomly go places in the middle of the day without them being planned earlier. The thing about ISTP that doesn't fit me is that Fi is the least used process. I believe that I have a very strong Fi and I use it often. It's the reason why I'm very guilty if I cheat on tests.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Well, it depends. Relating to doing work, I usually do things either right away or last-minute. There are is in-between. I am not naturally an organized person, but school has shown (and partially forced) me to be organized. I was never organized when I was younger and my desk in elementary school was a nightmare. Sometimes I let myself slip, but I try to get back on track. It's also necessary for me to plan vacations and certain things so that my events don't run into each other. But I like to just randomly go places in the middle of the day without them being planned earlier. The thing about ISTP that doesn't fit me is that Fi is the least used process. I believe that I have a very strong Fi and I use it often. It's the reason why I'm very guilty if I cheat on tests.

So you're not ISTP. You have a strong Fi, how about your other cognitive functions... how are they? Like if you could put them in order, what would they look like?

/DG/

I'd suppose it'd be something like this: Fi or Ti > Si > Te or Se > Ne > Ni > Fe.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I'd suppose it'd be something like this: Fi or Ti > Si > Te or Se > Ne > Ni > Fe.

Hmm... that could potentially be ISTJ. An ISTP normally wouldn't have Fe as the lowest function, and certainly wouldn't have Fi as the highest. Then again an ISFP probably wouldn't have Ti as the highest function either. If I were to guess based on your function order as well as your thread habits, I would say ISTJ.

/DG/

I guess it does seem to fit me pretty well. The only problem I have with it is the J dichotomy. I don't really relate to being a planner and whatnot. And it also doesn't explain why I am always ISFP on this test: Free personality tests: find out your type Te is my least used function there. =/

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I guess it does seem to fit me pretty well. The only problem I have with it is the J dichotomy. I don't really relate to being a planner and whatnot. And it also doesn't explain why I am always ISFP on this test: Free personality tests: find out your type Te is my least used function there. =/

Firstly, let me tell you that I'm glad you brought up that link. That test is one of the most inaccurate type tests I've ever come across. I got some weird results that are definitely not me on that test, and ISTJ was well down the list. 8 of the 20 questions are what you like in others, not what you are yourself.

Take these tests, they're more accurate:

Personality test based on Jung - Myers-Briggs typology

Personality Test and Types (Jungian Psychological Typology)

Free Jung Personality Test

/DG/

Ahh okay. Thanks for telling me. The reason why I liked that test was because it asked specific questions and I could relate my reactions to the questions better. (Did that sentence make any sense to you? :tongue:)

Anyway, here are my results...
First test:
Your Type is
ISTJ
Introverted - 17% strength of preference
Sensing - 62% strenth of preference
Thinking - 25% strength of preference
Judging - 33% strength of preference

Second test:

Third test:
Introverted (I) 86.96% Extroverted (E) 13.04%
Sensing (S) 63.64% Intuitive (N) 36.36%
Thinking (T) 55.17% Feeling (F) 44.83%
Perceiving (P) 56.67% Judging (J) 43.33%

Your type is: ISTP

Hmm, interesting. I managed to score as ISTJ on the first one.

/DG/

Hmm interesting, I sort of get what you're saying. Have you ever taken any of the Cognitive function tests?

That will be good. Try this one (and answer honestly) - Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes

Let me know what you get.

Yes, I've taken that one before. The vagueness of the questions is really what throws off my answers. The first time I ever took it I got INFP and I knew immediately that I must have done something wrong. :doh: I have tried taking the test multiple times, and only once have I gotten ISTJ. All the other times said INFP for reasons that I'm not entirely sure of. Anyway I'll take it again right now... *goes to take test*

Results:
extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************** (20)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************************** (38.4)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) **************************** (28.4)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************* (21.1)
limited use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************************* (33.3)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************** (38.1)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ***************** (17.2)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************************* (43.3)
excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ISTJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Sensing (Si): Stabilizing with a predictable standard. Carefully comparing a situation to the customary ways you’ve come to rely on. Checking with past experiences. Stabilizing a situation and invest for future security.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Thinking (Te): Measuring and constructing for progress. Making decisions objectively based on evidence and measures. Checking if things function properly. Applying a procedure to control events and complete goals.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ESTJ, or INFP

Sweet, another confirming result. I think I know what was happening before, though. I think that it was taking my strongest function, Fi, and my strongest extraverted function that fitted with Fi, which happened to be Ne for some odd reason. Something must have changed in my testing so that it managed to realize that it had to take Si, my second strongest function, and pair it with the strongest extraverted function that managed. This would be Si + Te, which equals ISTJ. Yes? :yes:

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Sweet, another confirming result. I think I know what was happening before, though. I think that it was taking my strongest function, Fi, and my strongest extraverted function that fitted with Fi, which happened to be Ne for some odd reason. Something must have changed in my testing so that it managed to realize that it had to take Si, my second strongest function, and pair it with the strongest extraverted function that managed. This would be Si + Te, which equals ISTJ. Yes? :yes:

Yes. Now that I know your test results, you're ISTJ. And the cognitive functions just prove this.

ladyinspring

MBTI Type
INFP
Uhhh I will take a different tack since I don't believe people who don't know type should analyze themselves according to functions. If someone who is good with functions wants to analyze you based on what you say then that's one thing, but asking you to analyze yourself is a bit much.

If you haven't looked at everything here, try that. It has best fit type descriptions, along with descriptions of the different types at work, when in groups, performing certain jobs (sales), etc.

Look here and determine: Directing (ISTJ and ISTP) or Informing (ISFP) communication style? What is your interaction style? Chart-the-course (ISTJ and ISTP) or Behind-the-scenes (ISFP)?

What about temperament? That's kind of a big thing to overlook. SP or SJ?