First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    then what makes you so certain you are INFP? i would be inclined to believe descriptions of a type more than function order.
    I said not all. Most of them are fluffy, "puppies and unicorns", etc. Saying that we lack Te, all of this other crap. There have been a few that have been good, with most profiles it's just been bits and pieces that I can relate to. Plus nothing else fits.

Functions are just better, since for profiles they are too specific and not broad enough usually, and with function order it's not broad and the person can relate to them a lot easier.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

your resident asshole

Okay then how about this... I'm getting nowhere with Fi and Ti, so why don't we start comparing Ti with Te now?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Okay then how about this... I'm getting nowhere with Fi and Ti, so why don't we start comparing Ti with Te now?
    Here's a few quick definitions-

Ordering; organizing for efficiency; systematzing; applying logic; structuring; checking for consequences; monitoring for standards or specifications being met; setting boundaries, guidelines, and parameters, deciding if something is working or not

The parts of that that I can personally relate to are "applying logic", "checking for consequences", "deciding if something is working or not". On a lesser note "structuring", "monitoring for standards...", "setting boundaries...". Etc.

Te also has an "all or nothing" way of manifesting itself in the IFPs, especially when we're pressured. We may temporarily shift modes of function to Te entirely. This is a last resort thing, when it comes out in a burst.

Sorry, but the main site that has the good descriptions of things is down right now.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post

Sorry, but the main site that has the good descriptions of things is down right now.
    Here is the cache on google.

Extraverted Thinking

Introverted Thinking

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Here is the cache on google.

Extraverted Thinking

Introverted Thinking
    You're awesome. You literally read my mind there.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Here's a few quick definitions-

Ordering; organizing for efficiency; systematzing; applying logic; structuring; checking for consequences; monitoring for standards or specifications being met; setting boundaries, guidelines, and parameters, deciding if something is working or not
    Okay, now let's compare it to the basic definition for Ti....

Ti - Analyzing; categorizing; evaluating according to principles and whether something fits the framework or model; figuring out the principles on which something works; checking for inconsistencies; clarying definitions to get more precision

I guess I really do relate to Te more than Ti. But it's sort of because I don't really understand it when someone tries to explain Ti to me. But somehow I always score fairly high with Ti on cognitive processes tests.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat
    Haha. No problem-o.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Your type is YOUNG. Not Jung.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

So I was called to describe functions n stuff. Weeeeeee.

So... Ti n Te. Well BC linked mah Ti description...

So Te, unlike Ti is not concerned with figuring things out, with a full understanding of things work. Rather, it is concerned with developing a system for efficient interaction. Developing shared logic, terms, principles, rules etc so that one does not have to rely on subjective personal experience. Money is a Te system. It assigns an objective value to things so that people can trade goods, materials, work, etc efficiently. It creates a system with as few ambiguities as possible so that there will be no misunderstandings and so that people can let the system take care of things and they can enjoy life. Creating and adhering to a schedule would be Te. The schedule ensures that you accomplish what you want to accomplish.

Fe is similiar, but with human interaction. It develops group values and ways of communication that is shared by all so that people can understand and relate to each other. It tells you what to do in certain situations so that there would be no confusion and so that each individuals subjective experiences do not cause misunderstandings. Giving presents to someone on their birthday is an Fe thing. The act shows that you care about the person, and conversely, not giving them a gift shows that you don't care. etc, etc.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

your resident asshole

*Ugh* I'm so bad at this. Would one of you mind giving some examples in which Fi, Ti, and Te can be used in comparison to one another?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    *Ugh* I'm so bad at this. Would one of you mind giving some examples in which Fi, Ti, and Te can be used in comparison to one another?
    Try this. It might help.

The Lenore Thomson Exegesis Wiki
    Truth-and-Language Exegesis