User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: INTP V.S. INTJ

MBTI
    INTJ

I get tied up in this one, too, because I'm an emergency doc, which implies a bit of seat-of-the-pants decision making in a very unplanned situation (INTP), yet what I actually love is rapidly processing the flow of information into a diagnosis. I'm like House on amphetamines - 'If I don't figure this out in the next ten minutes this person will die' sort of stuff.

However, if equipment fails or isn't ready because someone hasn't done their job and checked in advance, I will be inwardly seething, and will never trust that person ever again.

Which I guess is more INTJ.

The exam preparation is a good discriminator, too. I can't imagine feeling comfortable with 15 minutes of revision! Perhaps the question that separates P/J is 'when you're in a situation where planning would be a very good idea, are you still comfortable if you don't plan?'

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

You sound INTP. Good luck on getting a GF. How long did it take you to snare a female?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by mortabunt View Post
    You sound INTP. Good luck on getting a GF. How long did it take you to snare a female?
    I suppose you mean me, it didnt take too long.
    INTP's may get the stereotype of the nerd, but I just used the same way of thinking to develope a formula for making girls like me. I used to date the girls that would date ANYONE, and then I moved up to a hard to get girl just by thinking logically. I saw what the guys who were getting girls were doing, and I did it too, without compromising morality.
    Whats funny is all of my friends were obsessed about "nailing" her, and now me and her are getting married.
    Plus she a cute little redhead...

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

Nice, too bad all the girls I know about only want dates right now. I've pretty much sworn myself to being single for the remainder of high school. No point in wasting time in 2 week roller coaster rides.

MBTI
    intj

Quote Originally Posted by therationaledge View Post
    Ok, so I took one of the tests and got INTP, it fit, my girlfriend thought it was funny how well it fit, and I took another test. INTJ. And another one, INTP, so on and so forth.

I know another INTJ, and I am not really anything like her, at all, and she is the epitomy of INTJ, and honestly I am not.
    The difference seems to me is the after reviewing the test seems to be just two questions, both about whether or not I plan ahead or improvise.
    I wasn't exactly sure to be honest.

I plan for big things, like my walk across America, but only for my equipment, I dont have a set place I am going or path I will take.

I plan, just REALLY fast, I take in the data about something, and then the next second I make up my mind. Is that planning or improv?

What is your girlfriend's type? That will help decide it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

There are many P people who are organized, maybe due to their environment or out of necessity. There are J people who are physically messy because they organize in different ways (ie. socially).

J and P seem to be less of a function than to serve to determine if your dominant function is a judging or perceiving one....so maybe consider if you have dominant introverted thinking (INTP) vs. auxiliary extroverted thinking (INTJ), or auxiliary extroverted intuition (INTP) vs. dominant introverted intuition (INTJ).

Read over the cognitive functions, and as mentioned, take into account the overall profile. No type will fit you perfectly, as you are an individual, not a type.

Oh, and many of us test different types, depending on our mood & the weather, and how well that particular test actually determines functions and type.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENTP

Your avatar, username, and posting style scream INTP.
    I don't wanna!

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

The more J I have to be for work. The more P I get in my spare time. It's like a battery. J is consume mode. P is recharge mode.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Is INTP or INTJ more robotic?

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    The more J I have to be for work. The more P I get in my spare time. It's like a battery. J is consume mode. P is recharge mode.
    I do that too!!