User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    I

Default Please help type these humans

Person #1
    - Fun guy, likes to joke around a lot. Has a sort of sarcastic and scary humor (like if he's watching sports, he'll say he hopes this team that he doesn't like dies on a plane, but he's kidding around... I hope). Likes to crack jokes, can be a little shy. Not the hardest worker in the world, likes to have fun rather than work or get something done, but can get things done. Does things on his own a lot, went overseas to Europe this past winter... on his own, and had a great time. Has a lot of friends, but none of them are real close. Seemingly not very sentimental. Likes to follow sports, and seems pretty competitive.

Person #2
    - She is extremely quiet until she knows you very well or she's been around others for a long time. Quite shy, and does not have any leadership traits whatsoever. Very immature for her age (26), and sometimes it seems like she wants extra attention. Sometimes she'll constantly be obsessed with the same idea which she thinks is funny yet others (including me) know is stupid. Somewhat complicated of a person but yet she's simple. Thinks mostly about the past and future (she becomes nostalgic about past moments, yet she'll always look forward to future times if they involve something interesting, yet doesn't talk as much about the here and now). Gets scared and upset easily, not very energetic. Has impeccable posture and handwriting. She's also very obedient, kind, and sentimental to family. Hates horror movies because they're scary, doesn't like thrills, loves disney movies and kids movies because they have 'happy endings'.

Person #3
    - My grandpa: He is one of the nicest people I know. Very intelligent, and incredibly curious. He says there's not enough time in life to go learn all that he wants to know. He lives alone, and likes it that way. He does like to be helped, but it seems he prefers to be alone. LOVES to read. Likes educational programming/books, not just random fanfare. Appreciates talent in others, and will comment on it. Very generous, doesn't worry about how much something will cost, if it means the happiness of a loved one. Not the most practical person in the world. Loves to learn about how things work and analyzes things well. He won't speak his mind all the time, and he's very courteous and kind... almost to a fault.

Person #4:
    - This guy I can not seem to type, and it's bugging me. He seems to like being around other people, and usually jokes around and is pretty much a people-person. He's intelligent, plays the guitar, loves rock-climbing, and has often gotten hurt (once pretty seriously) while rock-climbing. He's a true 'nice guy', and is the brunt of many (friendly) jokes, but he tolerates it. He is very focused and diligent when he needs to be, and can succeed. Is discreet, has many friends, a great conversationalist, pretty outgoing, and seems to have fun while at the same time doing very well in school. Plays quite a few sports.

Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by NewEra; 05-15-2009 at 09:23 AM.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

1. ExTP...sense of humor says N to me though.
    2. ISFJ
    3. INFJ
    4. ESTP
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

1. E?TP
    2. ISFJ
    3. I???
    4. ISFP

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

ENXP
    ISFJ
    INFJ
    ESXX
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

MBTI
    I

Thanks so far. Hmm... why do you guys think Person #3 is INFJ? Also why is Person #1 E? I thought Person #2 was ISFJ as I was writing that too, I think it does make sense.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

My reasoning:

1. I think he is an extrovert because he has many friends, but none are close. Introverts usually have only a few friends, but they are very close, and they possibly have a few friendly acquaintances that they don't really consider "friends".

I know you say he is shy, but shyness is an anxiety & not always a sign of introversion. He may be an introvert, but the way you describe him sounds very "open" to me, and so my overall impression was extrovert.
    I suppose I should ask, when he does things alone & has fun, does he keep to himself or is he meeting new people & making more shallow friendships?

3. The fact he prefers being alone indicates an introvert to me. The love of learning, curiosity, analyzing, and interest in educational/programming books sounds N to me, and very INxx in general. The generosity, kindness, appreciation of others' talents & being courteous to a fault sounds like F, particularly strong Fe, meaning he must be a J & not P. Fi is not so open & selfless. Impracticality cements the NF. So now we add it up & get INFJ.

The fact that he is hard to type and his description does not yell a type out at you instantly kind of makes me think INFJ too. INFJs are somewhat elusive to type :P.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

what orangeappled said, it is exactly how i know people. plus, the going alone on a journey across the atlantic as an introvert? i don't think so, they would have brought a close friend. extroverts don't need to bring a friend for this. i know first hand.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

MBTI
    I

Oh I see. Yeah, then I guess person #1 is ExTP, leaning towards ENTP at this point.

Person #2, I have concluded is ISFJ.

Person #3 - I'm leaning toward INFx, can't figure out the last letter, leaning towards INFP. Isn't Fe used to share common values with those around you? Fi people can still be very courteous and kind.

Person #4 - He's extroverted, I'm pretty sure. I mean maybe there's a small possibility that he's introverted, but if he is he would be ISFP. I'm really thinking he's ESFP though. He's intelligent.

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

intelligence != intuition

!= means DOES NOT EQUAL
    i hunt INXPs for bounty

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    intelligence != intuition

!= means DOES NOT EQUAL
    I know, I didn't say it did. In fact I'm implying the opposite. I do think Person #4 is intelligent, and I think he's an ESFP. Actually I think he's ESFx, still can't really figure it out.