• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help the Lurker

Spectre of the spam

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I've taken the MBTI test several times before, and have come out ISTJ. I'm taking psych for college though, and he had us take the test. I scored as a INTJ and i'm a bit confused, can you fine people give me some info on how to tell which one I am?

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
clearly you're an ENFJ.

perhaps if you were less of the QUIET type we could help.

Snow Turtle

How much do you relate to this?

Introverted Sensing often involves storing data and information, then comparing and contrasting the current situation with similar ones. The immediate experience or words are instantly linked with the prior experiences, and we register a similarity or a difference—for example, noticing that some food doesn’t taste the same or is saltier than it usually is. Introverted Sensing is also operating when we see someone who reminds us of someone else. Sometimes a feeling associated with the recalled image comes into our awareness along with the information itself. Then the image can be so strong, our body responds as if reliving the experience. The process also involves reviewing the past to draw on the lessons of history, hindsight, and experience. With introverted Sensing, there is often great attention to detail and getting a clear picture of goals and objectives and what is to happen. There can be a oneness with ageless customs that help sustain civilization and culture and protect what is known and long-lasting, even while what is reliable changes.

Does your understanding of things seem to be from working subconsciously or consciously?

Spectre of the spam

MBTI Type
ISTJ
How much do you relate to this?

Introverted Sensing often involves storing data and information, then comparing and contrasting the current situation with similar ones. The immediate experience or words are instantly linked with the prior experiences, and we register a similarity or a difference—for example, noticing that some food doesn’t taste the same or is saltier than it usually is. Introverted Sensing is also operating when we see someone who reminds us of someone else. Sometimes a feeling associated with the recalled image comes into our awareness along with the information itself. Then the image can be so strong, our body responds as if reliving the experience. The process also involves reviewing the past to draw on the lessons of history, hindsight, and experience. With introverted Sensing, there is often great attention to detail and getting a clear picture of goals and objectives and what is to happen. There can be a oneness with ageless customs that help sustain civilization and culture and protect what is known and long-lasting, even while what is reliable changes.

Does your understanding of things seem to be from working subconsciously or consciously?

Well, that sort of sounds like me, but it would be helpful if you could describe a little bit if the NT as well, so I can compare which one is closer to who I am.

whimsical

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
The difference is one is a sensor and one intuits things. When you speak, do you find yourself using a lot of specific details? Sensors do this. People who prefer intuition often use more figurative and metaphorical language, they like to think in abstract terms and in particular, INTJs like to point out theories behind things and systems in society. ISTJs are more concerned with their immediate environments and their surroundings and having everything organized their way whereas INTJs don't look at the particulars of their surroundings much, they look at the bigger picture and what needs to be done to get there.

Snow Turtle

The best way for me to describe the difference between Ni and Si when dealing with systems is that NJs seem to have more of the explosions of insight when thinking about things than SJs. It's difficult for me to have these insights, because I'm constantly aware of what I'm thinking therefore it becomes a case of a linear logical understanding rather than hidden understanding suddenly coming to light.

Please note that there's often a slight bias towards intuitives with MBTI as the theory was created by intuitive based people. For example: I wouldn't describe myself as being uninterested in theory, systems and abstract things (We're on a personality forum) but I approach it differently from others.

An easy analogy for what I mentioned in the first paragraph.
Sensor - Building blocks to create a bigger picture.
Intuitive - Filling in the rough outline with the blocks.

whimsical

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
The best way for me to describe the difference between Ni and Si when dealing with systems is that NJs seem to have more of the explosions of insight when thinking about things than SJs. It's difficult for me to have these insights, because I'm constantly aware of what I'm thinking therefore it becomes a case of a linear logical understanding rather than hidden understanding suddenly coming to light.

Please note that there's often a slight bias towards intuitives with MBTI as the theory was created by intuitive based people. For example: I wouldn't describe myself as being uninterested in theory, systems and abstract things (We're on a personality forum) but I approach it differently from others.

An easy analogy for what I mentioned in the first paragraph.
Sensor - Building blocks to create a bigger picture.
Intuitive - Filling in the rough outline with the blocks.
My ex was an isfj, I tried to explain the mbti to her and her type to her a few times, but she could never get interested in it enough to fully check it out and explore. I on the other hand find it fascinating, of course.

And you're right, there is definitely more insight gained in NJs. Intuition likes to find and point out patterns in things, people, events, so it's not hard to see how these insights are generated in the mind. It stores data & will sometimes spontaneously bring something into memory because it may somehow fit with something of the present situation.