• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's My Type v2.0

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
OK, here we go. After half a year of MBTI studies and a couple of months filled with annoying existential angst, I'm more unsure about my personality [type] than ever before. In chase of my long-term goals, I've found myself surrounded with missed opportunities and unfamiliar circumstances.

I hope that (re-)exploring my type will help me (re-)defining who the f*ck I am. I'd be really thankful if some of the gurus here with a little free time would enlighten me :)

Please note, that

1) Astonishingly funny tl;dr answers won't help anybody, and there are numerous other ways to efficiently increase post count, thanks in advance

2) I'm not a native speaker and have very little experience with this language, I'm more adept in german and french

3) My observations about myself are pretty random, mostly based on type descriptions and tests, though I find these tests 100% inaccurate ("Are you governed by your head or your heart"? WTF? o_O)

4) Inconsistency alert! Please bear with it, I'll be as honest as possible :)

Some basic facts:

- I'm 18 years old with a pretty fucked-up childhood. Some nasty stories, parents divorced, I've moved to a new flat like... 20 times before; I've been a spoiled little brat for a couple of years, don't really want to talk about it only if it's absolutely necessary

- I consider myself intelligent and a quick leaner, I've always scored As on every single test without much effort, and concentrated on other interesting stuff instead (history and physics are my all-time favorites). I'm a (passive) member of Mensa, which I find surprisingly boring.
I love debates - and, to be honest, I love victories and the fact that I'm defeating my opponents (without ad hominem and stuff), but I also love those occasions when I'm the one being defeated in a heated argument, it's really thrilling, even moreso in case of an interesting subject.

- In the last few years, I started to care about my looks; by concentrating on an "ideal self" or something, I've managed to change myself on the outside (from "way below average", 10/2 to "high average" 10/7 and growing), the motivation was my growing need for socialization (something I always neglected) and the attraction of females.
It was a half success: I've learned that I'm totally incapable of social chitchat. While in a proper environment, I'm witty, sarcastic, loud and somehow "domineering", I'm a fucked-up bunny rabbit in unfamiliar situations, especially in parties and larger social gatherings. I really enjoy most of these parties, and I know how to chill out, it's just that I can't speak of something I'm not used to, and I almost never find those topics I'm interested in - not surprisingly. Say, I love astronomy or prussian history and even motorbikes, but I still can't invest any effort in learning about drinks or mainstream music and whatnot.

The thing is, I know I'm becoming more and more attractive, and I rarely find it possible to approach girls. I should start (heck, continue) a conversation somehow, but I CAN'T talk about weather and these things when I know that we both know that I just want to fuck, dammit. And it's almost never rewarding when I speak of this openly, I don't know why. Maybe I'm still not attractive enough, or whatever. I mostly don't care about romantic relationships (there are exceptions), but... considering we're still animals, people have some biological needs.

Sorry to pour all this stuff down on you, it's just that I love the anonymity of this playground called internet, it's so much easier this way.

Other random things:

- My room is always a mess
- I have many hobbies ranging from roleplaying to animation, water sports and foreign cultures etc.
- I hate changes, I like conventional ways if they are effective: although I try to grasp the importance of traditions, I can't stand them
- I love to read, esp. sci-fi and novels about travelling ('The Dandelion Girl' anyone? it's the only romantic story I kinda like)
- I like to work alone, I can't work effectively in groups (perhaps if I coordinate the work of others)
- I'm starting International Relations next semester, I'd like to study international politics (I'm a proud member of the Colbert Nation even as a foreigner, and I pretty much admire President Obama ;) )
- I tend to make "to do" lists
- I often speak before I think, then I correct myself
- I'm an atheist, and I greatly sympathize with transhumanist views
- What else... dunno why I write this, but I don't smoke, I like black and neutral colors, and I'd love to try parachuting someday

I think this will be more than enough at the moment. Please note that whining was not my ultimate goal, I'd like to discover myself, and I think the observations of a total stranger may prove to be a greater help than I imagined. Thanks to all the helpful people, and I'd be happy to answer every question.

Last edited:

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
INTP, with a high Fi?!

intelligent, angsty, socially inept, messy/inconsistent.

perhaps you're INXP really, what with you talking about your ideal self.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTP, with a high Fi?!

Hah, perhaps :) Sounds possible, since I don't think I'm "kind" enough to be an INFP, not sure if that's a reasonable argument.

ETA: I'd like to revive this thread if possible, since I'm still unsure about my type. I don't want to be agressive though, so if I don't get any more answers, I'll try to find another way to solve the problem.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
I don't ever see you post..... not sure how much input you're gonna receive if the board community doesn't know ya

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i'm thinking xNTP.

You seem more ENTP to me-

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't ever see you post..... not sure how much input you're gonna receive if the board community doesn't know ya

True, though I've submitted more than enough information about myself considering there are numerous professionals on the site. The real question is if they're interested in typing strangers.

You seem more ENTP to me-

Thanks for your feedback :) What makes you think I'm "more ENTP"?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The way that you talk in your post gave me a more immediate impression of ENTP. Plus you said you are talkative and witty in the right situations, but are not too capable in other situations. You might be just one of those smart people that finds it hard to relate to others. That happens a lot.
Plus you said you speak before you think.
And you find social interaction of growing importance to you.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
INTj

I
"I've learned that I'm totally incapable of social chitchat."
"I should start (heck, continue) a conversation somehow, but I CAN'T talk about weather and these things when I know that we both know that I just want to fuck, dammit."
"it's just that I love the anonymity of this playground called internet, it's so much easier this way."
"I like to work alone, I can't work effectively in groups"

N
"'Are you governed by your head or your heart'? WTF? o_O" (Ni dominant, too many interpretations to decide answer.)
"I'm a (passive) member of Mensa, which I find surprisingly boring."
"without ad hominem and stuff" (INT, nobody else speaks that way ;))

T
"I love victories and the fact that I'm defeating my opponents" (TJ)
"I also love those occasions when I'm the one being defeated in a heated argument" (TP?)
"but I still can't invest any effort in learning about drinks or mainstream music and whatnot." (INT, not SJ)
"I mostly don't care about romantic relationships (there are exceptions), but... considering we're still animals, people have some biological needs."

j (as in weaker tendency, not socionics INTj)
"don't really want to talk about it only if it's absolutely necessary" (tertiary Fi)
"by concentrating on an "ideal self" or something" (INTJ, dominant Ni, tertiary Fi)
"And it's almost never rewarding when I speak of this openly, I don't know why." (Not sure if it's your translation that made the wording stand out or not, but Te looks at things as being "useful" or not...)
"I tend to make "to do" lists"
"I'm witty, sarcastic, loud and somehow "domineering""
"I can't work effectively in groups (perhaps if I coordinate the work of others)" (J, need for control ;))

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Hah, perhaps :) Sounds possible, since I don't think I'm "kind" enough to be an INFP, not sure if that's a reasonable argument.

ETA: I'd like to revive this thread if possible, since I'm still unsure about my type. I don't want to be agressive though, so if I don't get any more answers, I'll try to find another way to solve the problem.

HAH! I'm an INFP and get called an asshole in real life.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
HAH! I'm an INFP and get called an asshole in real life.

A sweet and lovely asshole perhaps? ;O
Don't know, I always think of this type as caring, kind, warm & fluffy and stuff. Wrong stereotypes?

Wow, that's a complex analysis nightning, thanks a lot!

"without ad hominem and stuff" (INT, nobody else speaks that way ;))

Maybe because it's hard to express myself using a non-native language.

So... we've got INFP, INTP, ENTP and INTJ. That's a great start. I'll try to post some more stuff and get back to this later.