User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 44

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    473

    Default I need some help figuring out my type

    Yeah, i'm very sorry for all the threads i have created (i don't know if i can delete them, but if there's too many the mods can remove them)

    I would just like somebody to type me (reading descriptions doesn't work because i relate to most of them, tests doesn't work because i get a different result every time, as if i am constantly lying to myself)

    The only certain thing is I... Here's my introduction post(modified a little), it's not a lot, but if there's a subject you want to know more about, feel free to ask

    Quote Originally Posted by Requeim View Post
    I don't have alot of friends in general, and when i'm speaking to other people(as in strangers) they are usually the ones who initiate the conversation. I always get very nervous when i have to present an assignment to my class or simply when i have to speak if there are many people around that i don't know. I don't know anybody who really understands me, and i don't have any close friends. Besides me, my family consists of my mother (ESFJ) who is very loving and tries to understand me, but is having great difficulty doing so. My older sister(4 years older,ESTJ) who i don't understand at all, we are like night and day basically. My father is xxTx, can't get closer than that(as he refuses to test himself).

    I don't like when people i don't know look at me, especially if they are in groups. I automatically always assume that it has something to do with me. If i go shopping it is usually in a big place where i can walk around without anybody noticing or talking to me (i may venture into unknown territory, but only if i have somebody that i know well with me). I also struggle with everyday stuff like answering the phone if i don't know exactly who is calling.

    I'm pretty average looking i guess, but i have never had a girlfriend, even if it is the one thing in the world that i want the most. I find it very difficult to flirt(i can't.. basically) or simply speak with girls that i like alot, mostly because of my insane fear of rejection (and criticism). I always expect the worst of things and people, then i wont get disappointed.

    I don't go to any parties without having someone i know really well with me, and even then i often end up leaving early. I do sometimes go alone though, hoping that i can overcome my difficulties but it always fails. Ironically, i feel most lonely when i'm standing alone at a party in the middle of all these people and observing how they are enjoying themselves.

    thanks (sorry again for all the threads)

  2. #2

    Default

    You come across as ISFP. Just my overall feeling from the way you post.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    You come across as ISFP. Just my overall feeling from the way you post.
    yeah okay, but then i look at the posts of people like jeffster, and i dont think he's anything like me

    not to mention all the statements about the ISFP that i can't relate to at all

  4. #4
    deleted
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,946

    Default

    To me you seem to be somewhere in the INXP region. Strong I, Weak N, Weak F/T, Strong P, to be precise.

    InfP to be brief.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    76

    Smile

    My conclusions match those of others in the thread, although I guess I'll try to give some of my reasoning.

    I find it difficult to figure out your type based on the description due to your social anxiety and possible depression (expecting the worst in order to avoid disappointment). Social anxiety and depression are not exclusive to any type.

    Based on interaction style, I could narrow it down to four possibilities out of the eight introverted types.

    On the directing/informing axis, you're probably informing which would make you ISFP, INFP, ISFJ, or INTP. Your need to control the outcome of interactions ("insane" fear of rejection, struggle before answering the phone if you don't know who it is, worries about how you look and come across) are all just a few indications of a "Behind the Scenes" interaction style (with a liberal dose of social anxiety). Behind the Scenes is focused on controlling interactions (as opposed to moving interactions along). Those four types all share the BtS interaction style.

    Your entire introduction is heavily relationship-centered. Your relationships (and lack thereof) are the focal point. This is a strong indicator of a preference for Feeling, in my opinion. Which leaves ISFP, INFP, and ISFJ. I would lean away from SJ temperament because, according to Dr. Linda Berens, "the relationships they foster are based on bonds within a group." SJs are also fatalistic, which means they are willing to accept things the way they are, not trying to change things. Your repeated attempts to "overcome difficulties" by going to parties alone is not something I usually associate with ISFJs (whom I know and love well), but I could be wrong.

    Which leaves INFP and ISFP. Everything you say in your introduction could fit either one I suppose. The difference between how these types approach relationships is that SPs are fraternal, seeking equals (friends who are like brothers and sisters, buds, pals) and NFs seek empathic, authentic relationships.

    My best friend is an SFP, and when she talks about our friendship she sees me as someone great to talk to, with unique insights, and most significantly as a sister who is down for whatever. With her, there is an emphasis on camaraderie. When I think of our relationship, I see her as a fundamentally good soul who I can empathize with and understand on a deep level. I don't really think of her as a sister or a fraternal equal, and the thought of our camaraderie doesn't really make my soul quiver. Now I understand you don't feel you have any close friendships at the moment, but which type of relationship would you be more likely to seek, if you could?

    Another thing is INFPs are usually more verbal than ISFPs. Even if you're not talking to a close friend or girlfriend (yet), INFPs are writing their thoughts, talking to themselves, etc. I don't know if you do any of that (keep a journal, blog, diary). It's like we have to keep track of our identity in a way. Identity and meaning are the prevailing themes with NFs in general.

    Hope any of that helps.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercy View Post
    To me you seem to be somewhere in the INXP region. Strong I, Weak N, Weak F/T, Strong P, to be precise.

    InfP to be brief.
    Interesting... would you care to elaborate a bit please

  7. #7
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    IxFP

    Definitely a lot of introverted feeling going on here.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladyinspring View Post
    My conclusions match those of others in the thread, although I guess I'll try to give some of my reasoning.

    I find it difficult to figure out your type based on the description due to your social anxiety and possible depression (expecting the worst in order to avoid disappointment). Social anxiety and depression are not exclusive to any type.

    Based on interaction style, I could narrow it down to four possibilities out of the eight introverted types.

    On the directing/informing axis, you're probably informing which would make you ISFP, INFP, ISFJ, or INTP. Your need to control the outcome of interactions ("insane" fear of rejection, struggle before answering the phone if you don't know who it is, worries about how you look and come across) are all just a few indications of a "Behind the Scenes" interaction style (with a liberal dose of social anxiety). Behind the Scenes is focused on controlling interactions (as opposed to moving interactions along). Those four types all share the BtS interaction style.

    Your entire introduction is heavily relationship-centered. Your relationships (and lack thereof) are the focal point. This is a strong indicator of a preference for Feeling, in my opinion. Which leaves ISFP, INFP, and ISFJ. I would lean away from SJ temperament because, according to Dr. Linda Berens, "the relationships they foster are based on bonds within a group." SJs are also fatalistic, which means they are willing to accept things the way they are, not trying to change things. Your repeated attempts to "overcome difficulties" by going to parties alone is not something I usually associate with ISFJs (whom I know and love well), but I could be wrong.

    Which leaves INFP and ISFP. Everything you say in your introduction could fit either one I suppose. The difference between how these types approach relationships is that SPs are fraternal, seeking equals (friends who are like brothers and sisters, buds, pals) and NFs seek empathic, authentic relationships.

    My best friend is an SFP, and when she talks about our friendship she sees me as someone great to talk to, with unique insights, and most significantly as a sister who is down for whatever. With her, there is an emphasis on camaraderie. When I think of our relationship, I see her as a fundamentally good soul who I can empathize with and understand on a deep level. I don't really think of her as a sister or a fraternal equal, and the thought of our camaraderie doesn't really make my soul quiver. Now I understand you don't feel you have any close friendships at the moment, but which type of relationship would you be more likely to seek, if you could?

    Another thing is INFPs are usually more verbal than ISFPs. Even if you're not talking to a close friend or girlfriend (yet), INFPs are writing their thoughts, talking to themselves, etc. I don't know if you do any of that (keep a journal, blog, diary). It's like we have to keep track of our identity in a way. Identity and meaning are the prevailing themes with NFs in general.

    Hope any of that helps.
    That really helps, thanks alot

    one thing though, the "repeated attempts at overcoming by going to a party alone" is not something that i do that often anymore. We are talking maybe once or twice a year now.

    As for the relationships, to be honest i have no clue. I wish i knew myself better. Perhaps you could disguise or simplify the choice a bit?

    I don't write stuff down (like a journal or diary), but i guess you could fit the MBTI thing under the wanting to keep track of identity (i might be wrong though, please correct me then :P). Seriously though, wanting to find out my type isn't just a one week thing so i can show off to everybody, this is the most important thing to me right now, not a simple afterthought.


    edit: and you are spot on regarding directing vs. informing

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    473

    Default

    I've thought about the relationship thing a bit, and i've come to the conclusion that superficial relation/friendships mean nothing to me at all. What i really want, is somebody who understands me.

    I have known alot of people from school that probably considers me their "friend", even though it doesn't really work the other way. I have also had a tendency of severing the ties with these people once i had to go to a new school. This probably makes me sound like a horrible person, but i don't really think there's anything i can do about it.

    This would probably also happen with the people closest to me (parents and sister), if i wasn't related to them.

    anyway, i hope this helps

  10. #10
    Phoenix Incarnate Sentura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    750

    Default

    infx. you don't let much out about what you do when you're alone, or what thoughts your mind spins. this makes it hard to decipher your mentality (s/n), but judging from that your family can't understand you, i think i'm confident in thinking that you may be n. your actions at a party sound somewhat like those of an INFJ friend i have, but less refined. i think your identity crisis definitely shrouds some of your personality from yourself, ironically.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

    ...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

Similar Threads

  1. Need Help figuring out my type, I have various examples
    By PurpleFlowers54 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-25-2016, 11:55 PM
  2. Need some help figuring out my type. Am I an impossible case?
    By bluemonday in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-04-2015, 04:22 PM
  3. Need help figuring out my type
    By DreamBeliever in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 245
    Last Post: 07-29-2015, 11:15 PM
  4. Help figuring out my Type
    By livvi29 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-28-2014, 09:58 AM
  5. hopefully this will help figure out my type
    By prplchknz in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-11-2014, 10:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO