• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I need some help figuring out my type

wolfy

awsm
According to Jack Flak's theories, if you're female, you're probably ISFP.
If you're a guy, you're probably ISTJ.
Apparently those are the two that repeatedly have this same difficulty.

You don't have to relate to Jeffster. He's a guy.
Female ISFPs are not like the males.

You're right. It's interesting how the ISFP males and females come off different. Even when the thought patterns seem to be the same and you can relate to them well. More so than some of the other types it seems, but that might just be me.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
You're right. It's interesting how the ISFP males and females come off different. Even when the thought patterns seem to be the same and you can relate to them well. More so than some of the other types it seems, but that might just be me.

to me it goes to show that the mbti indicator leaves out a dimension. although there may not be a way to test around thus far, there may be a way to go through different tests to see where the difference of two similar typed people go through. that is, of course, assuming that they are 100% honest about their type.

ladyinspring

MBTI Type
INFP
I would lean away from any kind of IFJ because of the conscious presence of introverted feeling. You seem aware of your values (what you like and don't like), and very aware of how you are feeling and who you think you are at any given moment (self-knowledge statements like "I have a great memory", knowing what kinds of situations make you feel most alone, etc.) Also, I see introverted judgment in your stated ability to disassociate yourself from people to whom you are not close, and doing so without much difficulty. I used to feel vaguely guilty about this aspect of myself, like I didn't know how to really care about people or love them because I could cut them out of my life so easily.

A lot of people trying to figure out your type seem to be leaning toward some kind of IFP, but that S or N is giving pause. But if you are an IFP, neither the S or the N would really show up when you're talking about yourself. You're talking about who you are and what you experience and have experienced on the inside (and this is an indicator of conscious introverted sensing). You have to go inside yourself to find these answers.

The presence of strong, conscious usage of introverted feeling, along with the support of introverted sensing (heavy reliance on memories, remembered feelings, and experiences as if these are reliable facts), and the difficulty putting things into concrete terms makes me think you are an INFP.

Fi-Ne-Si-Te (ego systonic conscious functions)

You might also get something out of reading this description of fi-dominants: "The Introvert of Feeling Type"

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Long post incoming

Just to clarify - I am male (to avoid any further confusion)

That does sound an awful lot like
"There's a club, if you'd like to go
You could meet somebody who really loves you
So you go, and you stand on your own
And you leave on your own
And you go home, and you cry
And you want to die"

I love that song (the love spit love cover) :wubbie:

especially the part you posted, along with this:

"When you say it's gonna happen "now"
Well, when exactly do you mean ?
See, i've already waited too long
And all my hope is gone"

they could have taken that right out of my mind

interesting.

how artistic are you?

in what context? One of the reasons that i have turned away from the SP and become unsure is, that i didn't consider myself very artistic. I consider myself fairly creative, but it's always going on in my head only, and has no use at all in the "real" world. Sometimes i also try to explain some the things to other people, but it really doesn't work at all (maybe i'm the only one who is deranged enough to understand, heh:shock:)

:doh: You're not the first person to try to compare/contrast themselves to me in trying to determine type, so I guess I should be flattered, but it's probably not a very good way to go about it. ;)

I am curious what leads you to say that I'm nothing like you, though.

I am sorry if i offended you in any way, but just looking at the "jeffster illustrates the artisan temperament" you seem so unlike me. First of all, the thread is really long (longer than anything i would ever write) and your stories seems so fleshed out and detailed.

also, quotes like these make me cringe, i would never write up anything like this: (again, i am very sorry for attacking you this way, feel free to take a swing at me in return. I don't even know if you are serious or not:hug:)

See? The awesomeness is spreading. There is nowhere safe from the Jeffsterrificness that is slowly invading the planet. Just remember to hold on tight and ride the wave.
My world is always rockin', I just ride the wave.

Your introduction post is nothing like mine (doesn't really show anything but still) and in your random posts around the forum you exhibit self confidence and ego that i could only dream of having (as in VERY easy-going nature)

(forgive me, pm me or something if you would like me to remove anything)

I would lean away from any kind of IFJ because of the conscious presence of introverted feeling. You seem aware of your values (what you like and don't like), and very aware of how you are feeling and who you think you are at any given moment (self-knowledge statements like "I have a great memory", knowing what kinds of situations make you feel most alone, etc.)

This is true, but it's not as if i'm walking around in public, yelling "i have a great memory" :D. Spot on about the values thing though.

Also, I see introverted judgment in your stated ability to disassociate yourself from people to whom you are not close, and doing so without much difficulty. I used to feel vaguely guilty about this aspect of myself, like I didn't know how to really care about people or love them because I could cut them out of my life so easily.

Well, i used to feel very guilty when i realized 3 years after i moved on to a new school that (hmm, why did i stop talking to that person), but lately i've come to the realization that it probably happened automatically because we had nothing in common, and we didn't understand each other on a deeper level.

So i guess you are right then, i don't feel that guilty anymore, it just happens

If you can't determine S or N because i'm only talking about myself, then ask me about something else.

anyway to end this post, here's something really weird:

I have been thinking about something, and this may sound very dumb and/or special, but i feel like i have a very different (as in deeper) relationship with music than alot of the people that i know. I love music from all genres, but every now and then a track comes along that just sends shivers down my spine (i have even felt tears coming, even though it's not sad in any way). When that happens i can listen to that track 24/7 and i usually end up listening to it for a few weeks or such before it wears off again(and my musical taste usually operated on a day-to-day basis, as in i love that song one day, and think it's meh the next and so on). The feeling might come again later, it has happened that tracks i have owned for a longer time (2 - 3 years) suddenly just take off and i just see them in a very different light. (you probably can't related to this, and my type is probably just ZANY:run:)

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
I have been thinking about something, and this may sound very dumb and/or special, but i feel like i have a very different (as in deeper) relationship with music than alot of the people that i know. I love music from all genres, but every now and then a track comes along that just sends shivers down my spine (i have even felt tears coming, even though it's not sad in any way). When that happens i can listen to that track 24/7 and i usually end up listening to it for a few weeks or such before it wears off again(and my musical taste usually operated on a day-to-day basis, as in i love that song one day, and think it's meh the next and so on). The feeling might come again later, it has happened that tracks i have owned for a longer time (2 - 3 years) suddenly just take off and i just see them in a very different light. (you probably can't related to this, and my type is probably just ZANY:run:)

it's adrenaline spreading out in your body. i can relate, i actually took time out to see if i could master some of this and get adrenaline rushes just by wanting them to happen.

honestly i have you pinned as a ISFJ right now. you don't seem to be concerned at all with intuition; i don't see it in your posts. you only pick up what you feel, not your inner workings. my conclusion is either that you don't talk about them (unlikely) or that you don't have them (likely).

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
honestly i have you pinned as a ISFJ right now. you don't seem to be concerned at all with intuition; i don't see it in your posts. you only pick up what you feel, not your inner workings. my conclusion is either that you don't talk about them (unlikely) or that you don't have them (likely).

my inner workings? maybe you should explain what you actually mean by this, it's not like i post everything you know.

i am fairly sure that i am not SJ, but you are allowed to have your opinion

cool thing about the adrenaline too :nice:

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
my inner workings? maybe you should explain what you actually mean by this, it's not like i post everything you know.

i am fairly sure that i am not SJ, but you are allowed to have your opinion

cool thing about the adrenaline too :nice:

you don't seem like an N person, because an N person would by now have told more about their mind. to me it seems much more likely that N people (whether introvert or extrovert) talk more about their thoughts than you have. hell, even the some of the 90%+ introvert N people on this forum have posted something of how their N works.

about the J, well, i may have been a bit quick. P manifests in creativity, laziness and disorganization. you don't necessarily need to be creative to be P, but most P people i know seem to have a creative spirit; myself included. but P in you could also just be manifested in a more laid back attitude where jokes/fun are in abundance.

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
you don't seem like an N person, because an N person would by now have told more about their mind. to me it seems much more likely that N people (whether introvert or extrovert) talk more about their thoughts than you have. hell, even the some of the 90%+ introvert N people on this forum have posted something of how their N works.

i can kind of see where you are coming from here, but i though that just implied that i wasn't a thinking type?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I am sorry if i offended you in any way, but just looking at the "jeffster illustrates the artisan temperament" you seem so unlike me. First of all, the thread is really long (longer than anything i would ever write) and your stories seems so fleshed out and detailed.

also, quotes like these make me cringe, i would never write up anything like this: (again, i am very sorry for attacking you this way, feel free to take a swing at me in return. I don't even know if you are serious or not:hug:)

Your introduction post is nothing like mine (doesn't really show anything but still) and in your random posts around the forum you exhibit self confidence and ego that i could only dream of having (as in VERY easy-going nature)

(forgive me, pm me or something if you would like me to remove anything)

:laugh: It's not likely I'd ever tell you to remove anything. Especially not stuff that's about me. ;)

How old are you, though? Because the self-confidence you describe took a long time to develop. It didn't happen overnight. I'm 32 years old and even five years ago, my forum "behavior" would likely have been seen as different than it is now.

I'm not trying to tell you that you're ISFP. I don't really have enough information about you to make that determination, all I'm saying is, don't judge yourself as NOT that type, just because you don't relate to my posts on this forum. :)

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
:laugh: It's not likely I'd ever tell you to remove anything. Especially not stuff that's about me. ;)

How old are you, though? Because the self-confidence you describe took a long time to develop. It didn't happen overnight. I'm 32 years old and even five years ago, my forum "behavior" would likely have been seen as different than it is now.

I'm not trying to tell you that you're ISFP. I don't really have enough information about you to make that determination, all I'm saying is, don't judge yourself as NOT that type, just because you don't relate to my posts on this forum. :)

yeah okay, i'll try to leave you out of the equation then ;)

i'm 18 years old by the way

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm...I have to agree about the intuition thing. You seem in touch with reality and what is happening in the moment, and to relish it. That's a good thing :)

When listening to the song if you were transported to a different world, then you might be an INFP. I think the physical reaction of shivering is more of an S reaction. How complex is your inner world? When INFPs talk about their inner world they can come off as insane, so maybe you are hesitant to do so. Check out globalchatter (INFP messageboard) and see if you relate to how people talk about the life in their head. You won't see that talk here as much....I don't think its safe enough for INFPs.

For the record, I know many, many ISFx who are deeply moved by music too. I know a lot of ISFP guys who seem gentle, melancholy and sensitive like you. Not all ISFP guys are fun-loving, light-hearted and confident at all.
The main difference I notice between ISFPs and ISFJs in my life is how nurturing they are. I find ISFJs to be wonderfully nurturing and love to take care of people. I don't know if I am getting that from you in your posts. I agree that I see introverted feeling.
What is it about the ISFP profile you don't relate to? Is there any profile you are drawn to?

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Hmm...I have to agree about the intuition thing. You seem in touch with reality and what is happening in the moment, and to relish it. That's a good thing :)

When listening to the song if you were transported to a different world, then you might be an INFP. I think the physical reaction of shivering is more of an S reaction. How complex is your inner world? When INFPs talk about their inner world they can come off as insane, so maybe you are hesitant to do so. Check out globalchatter (INFP messageboard) and see if you relate to how people talk about the life in their head. You won't see that talk here as much....I don't think its safe enough for INFPs.

For the record, I know many, many ISFx who are deeply moved by music too. I know a lot of ISFP guys who seem gentle, melancholy and sensitive like you. Not all ISFP guys are fun-loving, light-hearted and confident at all.
The main difference I notice between ISFPs and ISFJs in my life is how nurturing they are. I find ISFJs to be wonderfully nurturing and love to take care of people. I don't know if I am getting that from you in your posts. I agree that I see introverted feeling.
What is it about the ISFP profile you don't relate to? Is there any profile you are drawn to?

I read somewhere (INFJ or INFP? a closer look<- that site i think) that INFP are very likely to feel like they have no identity at all. That captures my "inner world" pretty well, because depending on who i'm talking to, i adopt a different persona( like a mask or a different type altogether). I also read that ISFP are more skilled with their hands, and that doesn't really sound like me at all.

I found some topics on the INFP globalchatter that i can completely relate to. I don't know if some of the things also apply to ISFPs, but the things written in these threads are very much me:

infp.globalchatter.com :: View topic - Living with SJs
infp.globalchatter.com :: View topic - Rain
infp.globalchatter.com :: View topic - INFP inferiority complex?
infp.globalchatter.com :: View topic - Biggest Source of Frustration as an INFP

This quote from the "biggest source of frustration" thread could have been written by me:

; said:
Hmm, I can only speak for myself, but a couple of frustrations that my "INFPness" has brought unto me are:

- Not being able or maybe just not really knowing how to attract the opposite sex. Many INFPs are of a romantic nature, but they see romance and love through rose-tinted glasses, they idealize the people who they're interested in. It has happened to me, that I had scenes in my head of dating a girl from my class, introducing her to my parents, marrying her and celebrating Christmas with her and our friggin' children, before I even had spoken one damn word to her. Needless to say, this reduces the chances of NOT coming over as a complete dork when trying to speak to said girl to below 0. Also, the mere thought of flirting just gives me the heebie jeebies. I still haven't mastered doing that light, playful teasing banter with a girl without suffering a total nervous breakdown.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
take a test and find out. who knows, you may be a low N INFP. i will remain dubious until i see your Ne/Ni percentages. keep in mind that skilled with their hands also means that you would be able to e.g. play an instrument well or draw well.

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
take a test and find out. who knows, you may be a low N INFP. i will remain dubious until i see your Ne/Ni percentages. keep in mind that skilled with their hands also means that you would be able to e.g. play an instrument well or draw well.

I have taken alot of tests, and it always shows something different, it doesn't work anymore (that was the whole point of the thread, basically).

I can't draw for shit, and don't think i would be able to learn any instruments.

;)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't draw for shit, and don't think i would be able to learn any instruments.

Many INFPs can do those things though, and very well. If someone asked me if I was good with my hands, I'd say yes. I'm not sure if that is the best indicator...

I don't think I've heard that INFPs feel like they have no identity....I think many of us feel like we don't relate to anyone else, and Ne may make us prone to try on different types as we like to consider all possibilities.
I personally don't like that "INFJ or INFP" site; I think that chick is waaaay off the mark with her comments on INFPs. Her bias towards INFJs is huge.

By "inner world" I meant your imagination and private feelings. INFPs may wear a public mask as we can be guarded, but internally we have a lot going on.

Idealizing people & over-fantasizing is very much an NF thing though.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
yeah, i'm going to stick with ISFX.

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
yeah, i'm going to stick with ISFX.

okay, but after some consideration, i have decided that you are wrong ;)

i am N. I can pretty much relate to every single thread on the infp globalchat. But i can see why you would think that i'm ISFP from some of the things that i have written (or haven't written) in this thread. But you have to consider, that when i made this thread i really thought i was ISFP, so i convinced myself that some of the ISFP traits applied to me, even if they didn't (i do that all the time, also happened when i thought i was ISFJ :doh:)

One of the things that i would change was about learning. I have no problem understanding theory (in fact i prefer it to hands on learning).

I have also noticed that i tend to become lost in thoughts and begin to visualise them in my head. Yesterday i was feeling very depressed, and when i was preparing to go to school i just kind of stopped halfway through taking my clothes on and thought to my self "what would happen if i commited suicide". What started like a thought soon became more like a dream, i visualised my parents and family in the church, and i wondered who was gonna come to my funeral (who would actually consider me a friend in such a situation, would my childhood friends show up etc.). Then when i was done, i sort of snapped out of that trance (sounds silly, i know) and 10 minutes had passed, and i almost missed the train that goes to my school :doh:

I am fairly pessimistic, but when i manage to put that aside i am pretty good at predicting what is going to happen when i'm around other people. Sometimes it doesn't make any sense though. A week ago i was driving up to an intersection when the lights turned from red to green just as i was about to brake, so i kept going at the same speed but i kept thinking to myself, that some impatient smartass would probably just drive across the intersection from the other side when the lights turned red for him, hoping to make it across and slamming into my car in the process. It didn't happen though, but i wouldn't be surprised if it had and by the time i was in the middle of the intersection i was pretty much expecting it to happen. That is fairly outrageous, but it is pretty much my style, always expect the worst :shock:.

one of the things that still apply alot to me is the part where i adopt different personas (or personalities) depending on who i'm talking to. And then there's the sensotard thread on here(can't find it at the moment but i think it's here somewhere), i've done some stupid things like that as well.

now, base your verdict on this post instead of the other parts of the thread

:)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hah, INFPs in denial are so difficult. Almost everyone who has no idea is an INFP I've noticed.

Wanna make a deal? I get 1000 bucks if you think you are an XNFP, IXFP, IXTP, or INFX within the month. Deal?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, it seems you are a fellow INFP then :hi:. I decided on INFP after reading the forums too. Like many INFPs, I had pondered a few other types since tests gave me varying results (but INFP has always suited me best).