User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    It's not likely I'd ever tell you to remove anything. Especially not stuff that's about me.

How old are you, though? Because the self-confidence you describe took a long time to develop. It didn't happen overnight. I'm 32 years old and even five years ago, my forum "behavior" would likely have been seen as different than it is now.

I'm not trying to tell you that you're ISFP. I don't really have enough information about you to make that determination, all I'm saying is, don't judge yourself as NOT that type, just because you don't relate to my posts on this forum.
    yeah okay, i'll try to leave you out of the equation then

i'm 18 years old by the way

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Hmm...I have to agree about the intuition thing. You seem in touch with reality and what is happening in the moment, and to relish it. That's a good thing

When listening to the song if you were transported to a different world, then you might be an INFP. I think the physical reaction of shivering is more of an S reaction. How complex is your inner world? When INFPs talk about their inner world they can come off as insane, so maybe you are hesitant to do so. Check out globalchatter (INFP messageboard) and see if you relate to how people talk about the life in their head. You won't see that talk here as much....I don't think its safe enough for INFPs.

For the record, I know many, many ISFx who are deeply moved by music too. I know a lot of ISFP guys who seem gentle, melancholy and sensitive like you. Not all ISFP guys are fun-loving, light-hearted and confident at all.
    The main difference I notice between ISFPs and ISFJs in my life is how nurturing they are. I find ISFJs to be wonderfully nurturing and love to take care of people. I don't know if I am getting that from you in your posts. I agree that I see introverted feeling.
    What is it about the ISFP profile you don't relate to? Is there any profile you are drawn to?
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Hmm...I have to agree about the intuition thing. You seem in touch with reality and what is happening in the moment, and to relish it. That's a good thing

When listening to the song if you were transported to a different world, then you might be an INFP. I think the physical reaction of shivering is more of an S reaction. How complex is your inner world? When INFPs talk about their inner world they can come off as insane, so maybe you are hesitant to do so. Check out globalchatter (INFP messageboard) and see if you relate to how people talk about the life in their head. You won't see that talk here as much....I don't think its safe enough for INFPs.

For the record, I know many, many ISFx who are deeply moved by music too. I know a lot of ISFP guys who seem gentle, melancholy and sensitive like you. Not all ISFP guys are fun-loving, light-hearted and confident at all.
    The main difference I notice between ISFPs and ISFJs in my life is how nurturing they are. I find ISFJs to be wonderfully nurturing and love to take care of people. I don't know if I am getting that from you in your posts. I agree that I see introverted feeling.
    What is it about the ISFP profile you don't relate to? Is there any profile you are drawn to?
    I read somewhere (INFJ or INFP? a closer look<- that site i think) that INFP are very likely to feel like they have no identity at all. That captures my "inner world" pretty well, because depending on who i'm talking to, i adopt a different persona( like a mask or a different type altogether). I also read that ISFP are more skilled with their hands, and that doesn't really sound like me at all.

I found some topics on the INFP globalchatter that i can completely relate to. I don't know if some of the things also apply to ISFPs, but the things written in these threads are very much me:

infp.globalchatter.com :: View topic - Living with SJs
    infp.globalchatter.com :: View topic - Rain
    infp.globalchatter.com :: View topic - INFP inferiority complex?
    infp.globalchatter.com :: View topic - Biggest Source of Frustration as an INFP

This quote from the "biggest source of frustration" thread could have been written by me:

Quote Originally Posted by ;
    Hmm, I can only speak for myself, but a couple of frustrations that my "INFPness" has brought unto me are:

- Not being able or maybe just not really knowing how to attract the opposite sex. Many INFPs are of a romantic nature, but they see romance and love through rose-tinted glasses, they idealize the people who they're interested in. It has happened to me, that I had scenes in my head of dating a girl from my class, introducing her to my parents, marrying her and celebrating Christmas with her and our friggin' children, before I even had spoken one damn word to her. Needless to say, this reduces the chances of NOT coming over as a complete dork when trying to speak to said girl to below 0. Also, the mere thought of flirting just gives me the heebie jeebies. I still haven't mastered doing that light, playful teasing banter with a girl without suffering a total nervous breakdown.

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

take a test and find out. who knows, you may be a low N INFP. i will remain dubious until i see your Ne/Ni percentages. keep in mind that skilled with their hands also means that you would be able to e.g. play an instrument well or draw well.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    take a test and find out. who knows, you may be a low N INFP. i will remain dubious until i see your Ne/Ni percentages. keep in mind that skilled with their hands also means that you would be able to e.g. play an instrument well or draw well.
    I have taken alot of tests, and it always shows something different, it doesn't work anymore (that was the whole point of the thread, basically).

I can't draw for shit, and don't think i would be able to learn any instruments.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Requeim View Post
    I can't draw for shit, and don't think i would be able to learn any instruments.
    Many INFPs can do those things though, and very well. If someone asked me if I was good with my hands, I'd say yes. I'm not sure if that is the best indicator...

I don't think I've heard that INFPs feel like they have no identity....I think many of us feel like we don't relate to anyone else, and Ne may make us prone to try on different types as we like to consider all possibilities.
    I personally don't like that "INFJ or INFP" site; I think that chick is waaaay off the mark with her comments on INFPs. Her bias towards INFJs is huge.

By "inner world" I meant your imagination and private feelings. INFPs may wear a public mask as we can be guarded, but internally we have a lot going on.

Idealizing people & over-fantasizing is very much an NF thing though.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

yeah, i'm going to stick with ISFX.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    yeah, i'm going to stick with ISFX.
    okay, but after some consideration, i have decided that you are wrong

i am N. I can pretty much relate to every single thread on the infp globalchat. But i can see why you would think that i'm ISFP from some of the things that i have written (or haven't written) in this thread. But you have to consider, that when i made this thread i really thought i was ISFP, so i convinced myself that some of the ISFP traits applied to me, even if they didn't (i do that all the time, also happened when i thought i was ISFJ )

One of the things that i would change was about learning. I have no problem understanding theory (in fact i prefer it to hands on learning).

I have also noticed that i tend to become lost in thoughts and begin to visualise them in my head. Yesterday i was feeling very depressed, and when i was preparing to go to school i just kind of stopped halfway through taking my clothes on and thought to my self "what would happen if i commited suicide". What started like a thought soon became more like a dream, i visualised my parents and family in the church, and i wondered who was gonna come to my funeral (who would actually consider me a friend in such a situation, would my childhood friends show up etc.). Then when i was done, i sort of snapped out of that trance (sounds silly, i know) and 10 minutes had passed, and i almost missed the train that goes to my school

I am fairly pessimistic, but when i manage to put that aside i am pretty good at predicting what is going to happen when i'm around other people. Sometimes it doesn't make any sense though. A week ago i was driving up to an intersection when the lights turned from red to green just as i was about to brake, so i kept going at the same speed but i kept thinking to myself, that some impatient smartass would probably just drive across the intersection from the other side when the lights turned red for him, hoping to make it across and slamming into my car in the process. It didn't happen though, but i wouldn't be surprised if it had and by the time i was in the middle of the intersection i was pretty much expecting it to happen. That is fairly outrageous, but it is pretty much my style, always expect the worst .

one of the things that still apply alot to me is the part where i adopt different personas (or personalities) depending on who i'm talking to. And then there's the sensotard thread on here(can't find it at the moment but i think it's here somewhere), i've done some stupid things like that as well.

now, base your verdict on this post instead of the other parts of the thread

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Hah, INFPs in denial are so difficult. Almost everyone who has no idea is an INFP I've noticed.

Wanna make a deal? I get 1000 bucks if you think you are an XNFP, IXFP, IXTP, or INFX within the month. Deal?
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Well, it seems you are a fellow INFP then . I decided on INFP after reading the forums too. Like many INFPs, I had pondered a few other types since tests gave me varying results (but INFP has always suited me best).