User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 44

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    According to Jack Flak's theories, if you're female, you're probably ISFP.
    If you're a guy, you're probably ISTJ.
    Apparently those are the two that repeatedly have this same difficulty.

    You don't have to relate to Jeffster. He's a guy.
    Female ISFPs are not like the males.
    You're right. It's interesting how the ISFP males and females come off different. Even when the thought patterns seem to be the same and you can relate to them well. More so than some of the other types it seems, but that might just be me.

  2. #22
    Phoenix Incarnate Sentura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    You're right. It's interesting how the ISFP males and females come off different. Even when the thought patterns seem to be the same and you can relate to them well. More so than some of the other types it seems, but that might just be me.
    to me it goes to show that the mbti indicator leaves out a dimension. although there may not be a way to test around thus far, there may be a way to go through different tests to see where the difference of two similar typed people go through. that is, of course, assuming that they are 100% honest about their type.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

    ...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    76

    Default

    I would lean away from any kind of IFJ because of the conscious presence of introverted feeling. You seem aware of your values (what you like and don't like), and very aware of how you are feeling and who you think you are at any given moment (self-knowledge statements like "I have a great memory", knowing what kinds of situations make you feel most alone, etc.) Also, I see introverted judgment in your stated ability to disassociate yourself from people to whom you are not close, and doing so without much difficulty. I used to feel vaguely guilty about this aspect of myself, like I didn't know how to really care about people or love them because I could cut them out of my life so easily.

    A lot of people trying to figure out your type seem to be leaning toward some kind of IFP, but that S or N is giving pause. But if you are an IFP, neither the S or the N would really show up when you're talking about yourself. You're talking about who you are and what you experience and have experienced on the inside (and this is an indicator of conscious introverted sensing). You have to go inside yourself to find these answers.

    The presence of strong, conscious usage of introverted feeling, along with the support of introverted sensing (heavy reliance on memories, remembered feelings, and experiences as if these are reliable facts), and the difficulty putting things into concrete terms makes me think you are an INFP.

    Fi-Ne-Si-Te (ego systonic conscious functions)

    You might also get something out of reading this description of fi-dominants: "The Introvert of Feeling Type"

  4. #24

    Default

    ISFP
    All people see, but no one sees the same.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    473

    Default

    Long post incoming

    Just to clarify - I am male (to avoid any further confusion)

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    That does sound an awful lot like
    "There's a club, if you'd like to go
    You could meet somebody who really loves you
    So you go, and you stand on your own
    And you leave on your own
    And you go home, and you cry
    And you want to die"
    I love that song (the love spit love cover)

    especially the part you posted, along with this:

    "When you say it's gonna happen "now"
    Well, when exactly do you mean ?
    See, i've already waited too long
    And all my hope is gone"

    they could have taken that right out of my mind

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    interesting.

    how artistic are you?
    in what context? One of the reasons that i have turned away from the SP and become unsure is, that i didn't consider myself very artistic. I consider myself fairly creative, but it's always going on in my head only, and has no use at all in the "real" world. Sometimes i also try to explain some the things to other people, but it really doesn't work at all (maybe i'm the only one who is deranged enough to understand, heh)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    You're not the first person to try to compare/contrast themselves to me in trying to determine type, so I guess I should be flattered, but it's probably not a very good way to go about it.

    I am curious what leads you to say that I'm nothing like you, though.
    I am sorry if i offended you in any way, but just looking at the "jeffster illustrates the artisan temperament" you seem so unlike me. First of all, the thread is really long (longer than anything i would ever write) and your stories seems so fleshed out and detailed.

    also, quotes like these make me cringe, i would never write up anything like this: (again, i am very sorry for attacking you this way, feel free to take a swing at me in return. I don't even know if you are serious or not)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    See? The awesomeness is spreading. There is nowhere safe from the Jeffsterrificness that is slowly invading the planet. Just remember to hold on tight and ride the wave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    My world is always rockin', I just ride the wave.
    Your introduction post is nothing like mine (doesn't really show anything but still) and in your random posts around the forum you exhibit self confidence and ego that i could only dream of having (as in VERY easy-going nature)

    (forgive me, pm me or something if you would like me to remove anything)

    Quote Originally Posted by ladyinspring View Post
    I would lean away from any kind of IFJ because of the conscious presence of introverted feeling. You seem aware of your values (what you like and don't like), and very aware of how you are feeling and who you think you are at any given moment (self-knowledge statements like "I have a great memory", knowing what kinds of situations make you feel most alone, etc.)
    This is true, but it's not as if i'm walking around in public, yelling "i have a great memory" . Spot on about the values thing though.

    Quote Originally Posted by ladyinspring View Post
    Also, I see introverted judgment in your stated ability to disassociate yourself from people to whom you are not close, and doing so without much difficulty. I used to feel vaguely guilty about this aspect of myself, like I didn't know how to really care about people or love them because I could cut them out of my life so easily.
    Well, i used to feel very guilty when i realized 3 years after i moved on to a new school that (hmm, why did i stop talking to that person), but lately i've come to the realization that it probably happened automatically because we had nothing in common, and we didn't understand each other on a deeper level.

    So i guess you are right then, i don't feel that guilty anymore, it just happens

    If you can't determine S or N because i'm only talking about myself, then ask me about something else.


    anyway to end this post, here's something really weird:

    I have been thinking about something, and this may sound very dumb and/or special, but i feel like i have a very different (as in deeper) relationship with music than alot of the people that i know. I love music from all genres, but every now and then a track comes along that just sends shivers down my spine (i have even felt tears coming, even though it's not sad in any way). When that happens i can listen to that track 24/7 and i usually end up listening to it for a few weeks or such before it wears off again(and my musical taste usually operated on a day-to-day basis, as in i love that song one day, and think it's meh the next and so on). The feeling might come again later, it has happened that tracks i have owned for a longer time (2 - 3 years) suddenly just take off and i just see them in a very different light. (you probably can't related to this, and my type is probably just ZANY)

  6. #26
    Phoenix Incarnate Sentura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Requeim View Post
    I have been thinking about something, and this may sound very dumb and/or special, but i feel like i have a very different (as in deeper) relationship with music than alot of the people that i know. I love music from all genres, but every now and then a track comes along that just sends shivers down my spine (i have even felt tears coming, even though it's not sad in any way). When that happens i can listen to that track 24/7 and i usually end up listening to it for a few weeks or such before it wears off again(and my musical taste usually operated on a day-to-day basis, as in i love that song one day, and think it's meh the next and so on). The feeling might come again later, it has happened that tracks i have owned for a longer time (2 - 3 years) suddenly just take off and i just see them in a very different light. (you probably can't related to this, and my type is probably just ZANY)
    it's adrenaline spreading out in your body. i can relate, i actually took time out to see if i could master some of this and get adrenaline rushes just by wanting them to happen.

    honestly i have you pinned as a ISFJ right now. you don't seem to be concerned at all with intuition; i don't see it in your posts. you only pick up what you feel, not your inner workings. my conclusion is either that you don't talk about them (unlikely) or that you don't have them (likely).
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

    ...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    honestly i have you pinned as a ISFJ right now. you don't seem to be concerned at all with intuition; i don't see it in your posts. you only pick up what you feel, not your inner workings. my conclusion is either that you don't talk about them (unlikely) or that you don't have them (likely).
    my inner workings? maybe you should explain what you actually mean by this, it's not like i post everything you know.

    i am fairly sure that i am not SJ, but you are allowed to have your opinion

    cool thing about the adrenaline too

  8. #28
    Phoenix Incarnate Sentura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Requeim View Post
    my inner workings? maybe you should explain what you actually mean by this, it's not like i post everything you know.

    i am fairly sure that i am not SJ, but you are allowed to have your opinion

    cool thing about the adrenaline too
    you don't seem like an N person, because an N person would by now have told more about their mind. to me it seems much more likely that N people (whether introvert or extrovert) talk more about their thoughts than you have. hell, even the some of the 90%+ introvert N people on this forum have posted something of how their N works.

    about the J, well, i may have been a bit quick. P manifests in creativity, laziness and disorganization. you don't necessarily need to be creative to be P, but most P people i know seem to have a creative spirit; myself included. but P in you could also just be manifested in a more laid back attitude where jokes/fun are in abundance.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

    ...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    you don't seem like an N person, because an N person would by now have told more about their mind. to me it seems much more likely that N people (whether introvert or extrovert) talk more about their thoughts than you have. hell, even the some of the 90%+ introvert N people on this forum have posted something of how their N works.
    i can kind of see where you are coming from here, but i though that just implied that i wasn't a thinking type?

  10. #30
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Requeim View Post
    I am sorry if i offended you in any way, but just looking at the "jeffster illustrates the artisan temperament" you seem so unlike me. First of all, the thread is really long (longer than anything i would ever write) and your stories seems so fleshed out and detailed.

    also, quotes like these make me cringe, i would never write up anything like this: (again, i am very sorry for attacking you this way, feel free to take a swing at me in return. I don't even know if you are serious or not)

    Your introduction post is nothing like mine (doesn't really show anything but still) and in your random posts around the forum you exhibit self confidence and ego that i could only dream of having (as in VERY easy-going nature)

    (forgive me, pm me or something if you would like me to remove anything)
    It's not likely I'd ever tell you to remove anything. Especially not stuff that's about me.

    How old are you, though? Because the self-confidence you describe took a long time to develop. It didn't happen overnight. I'm 32 years old and even five years ago, my forum "behavior" would likely have been seen as different than it is now.

    I'm not trying to tell you that you're ISFP. I don't really have enough information about you to make that determination, all I'm saying is, don't judge yourself as NOT that type, just because you don't relate to my posts on this forum.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Similar Threads

  1. Need Help figuring out my type, I have various examples
    By PurpleFlowers54 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-25-2016, 11:55 PM
  2. Need some help figuring out my type. Am I an impossible case?
    By bluemonday in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-04-2015, 04:22 PM
  3. Need help figuring out my type
    By DreamBeliever in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 245
    Last Post: 07-29-2015, 11:15 PM
  4. Help figuring out my Type
    By livvi29 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-28-2014, 09:58 AM
  5. hopefully this will help figure out my type
    By prplchknz in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-11-2014, 10:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO