User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

He sounds really awful to me, but you seem to like him.

What does "bogan" mean? I looked it up, but it doesn't make sense.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    He sounds like a retard. Seriously, grown men should not act like that. How are people charmed by this guy? All he sounds like is a person who disrupts everyone else's progress. How has he not been fired? Anyway, he sounds ESTP, no disrespect to ESTP's at all.
    In theory he does sound appalling, but I'm yet to meet someone who both knows him well and dislikes him. Even the guy with the hole in hat likes him. He isn't an all day distraction, maybe I belaboured that point too much. He never gets in anyone's face, he respects an introvert's conversation distance, and he can be docile.

He's charming because he is funny, maybe I can't quite translate as to how in these posts. He hasn't been fired because our department is a little too lax, but it looks like that's about to change with a new manager coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    He sounds really awful to me, but you seem to like him.

What does "bogan" mean? I looked it up, but it doesn't make sense.
    Bogan is a New Zealand expression. It exists in Australia too, but looking it up in wikipedia it seems a little different. I live in Wellington and the town of Upper Hutt to the north (where I come from) is known for being a bogan hamlet. The term basically covers people who dress in black, usually hoodies and listen to metal. Sometimes it can be a redneck-like term and can extend to meaning jean and boot wearing mullet-haired Duke of Hazard county. But I see it more as a slovenly version of a goth which is more in line with the lower North Island style of a bogan. Coincidentally this bogan used to be a goth in his teenage years.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

OMG, I'm going for ISTP....A very skewif one at that, but that will be the MJ that fried his brain cells. You know, bogans have that effect, they have an endearing quality about them, they'er useless, and vaugely amusing/very annoying but they are the backbone of New Zealand and Australian culture.
    I have a soft spot for bogans though.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mort Belfry View Post
    In theory he does sound appalling, but I'm yet to meet someone who both knows him well and dislikes him. Even the guy with the hole in hat likes him. He isn't an all day distraction, maybe I belaboured that point too much. He never gets in anyone's face, he respects an introvert's conversation distance, and he can be docile.

He's charming because he is funny, maybe I can't quite translate as to how in these posts. He hasn't been fired because our department is a little too lax, but it looks like that's about to change with a new manager coming in.

Bogan is a New Zealand expression. It exists in Australia too, but looking it up in wikipedia it seems a little different. I live in Wellington and the town of Upper Hutt to the north (where I come from) is known for being a bogan hamlet. The term basically covers people who dress in black, usually hoodies and listen to metal. Sometimes it can be a redneck-like term and can extend to meaning jean and boot wearing mullet-haired Duke of Hazard county. But I see it more as a slovenly version of a goth which is more in line with the lower North Island style of a bogan. Coincidentally this bogan used to be a goth in his teenage years.
    That makes me miss home....I orginally come from the lower half of the north Island (NZ). Hence my soft spot...I think I was one once...don't forget the band t-shirts, they are compulsory wear.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    don't forget the band t-shirts, they are compulsory wear.
    Oh, I hadn't.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Yeah, ESTP with issues.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    INTP

I don't know, I still think he's an introvert. He isn't like this with just anyone but the people he knows well as it builds up over time. When he first started he was very quiet.

We do have an ESTP in the department and both me and this bogan (I'm just using the term as shorthand to describe him now, I don't call him it all the time) both complain that the ESTP gets too close to us physically sometimes. The issue of a larger personal space seems to be mainly an introvert's one.

Out of the five loudest people in the department four are introverts, him and myself included.

Just as a side note, can anyone see him as an IXFP?

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    He sounds like a retard. Seriously, grown men should not act like that. How are people charmed by this guy? All he sounds like is a person who disrupts everyone else's progress. How has he not been fired? Anyway, he sounds ESTP, no disrespect to ESTP's at all.
    calm down brother, relax your SJ a bit. i'm sure he's being judged more than necessary, let's just stick to what the topic is about and not fling any more poo at pseudo-imaginary people.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

MBTI
    INTP

I wouldn't worry about defending his honour or anything, I've said much worse things to his face.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mort Belfry View Post
    Just as a side note, can anyone see him as an IXFP?
    I think it is unlikely he is an INFP...we loathe conflict too much to disagree with people for the sake of disagreeing, and we value authenticity too much to fake an opinion that is not ours just to ruffle feathers. Even mean INFPs usually don't like to insult people that much, and especially not to make degrading comments.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe