• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help me type this bogan.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm thinking INTP or INFP, with a lean towards intp.
He doesn't sound S to me at all. There's no basis in reality. And he makes broad general statements like, "there's more things to worry about in this world."

I'm more thinking T because of the critical nature, and the need for argument. (A normal NT may enjoy a good discussion or debate, with this unhealthy and unintelligent one seemingly liking to just plain argue.)

He could be a darker INFP, though, seeing the world in good and bad and it seems that he just thinks the whole world is shit. He also seems very sensitive to me. Not often a quality of someone with T.

The description of this guy made me laugh!!!

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
haha, this guy sounds like Nocaps.... so,. I vote retarded ENTP!

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
I think it is unlikely he is an INFP...we loathe conflict too much to disagree with people for the sake of disagreeing, and we value authenticity too much to fake an opinion that is not ours just to ruffle feathers. Even mean INFPs usually don't like to insult people that much, and especially not to make degrading comments.

Definitely not an ISFP then?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He also seems very sensitive to me.

Hmm, I didn't see sensitivity at all. INFPs as a whole just don't bag on people for fun....we may get cynical when feeling down, make snide comments during major stress, and get mean as a defense if we feel attacked, but that's not day-to-day characteristics. The dark ones are more likely to write poetry than play pranks on people :tongue:

Definitely not an ISFP then?

I still think Ne, just cuz of his humor. INxPs often have that humor where people laugh at their wackiness, not at the actual joke. IDK....I think INTP still fits best. Maybe ISTP, but I thought they were more sarcastic in a way that makes sense :D

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
One bit of information I haven't disclosed is that he has A LOT of ideas in how to improve the department. Most of them are inane drivel and the ones that work usually don't last.

He created a bubble wrap dispenser modelled on a cat feeder where you fed bubble wrap through the top of a chimney like structure and it comes down to a hole in the bottom. But since our main tool of construction in the department is cardboard boxes it was an eyesore and was eventually thrown out.

He also made a craft knife blade receptacle out of two Styrofoam cups taped together and stuck shoddily to the wall.

So maybe INTP is apt.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ haha
He's a character, whatever he is :D

wolfy

awsm
I'd just stick with bogan as his type. That's a damn sight more definitive than any MBTI type I could think of.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd just stick with bogan as his type. That's a damn sight more definitive than any MBTI type I could think of.
Agreed.

He does remind me a lot of some of the INTPs at INTPc though (back when I went there). Especially being contrary just to argue and making fun of people for weird things.

mind you, that could be an "weird teen-ish boy" thing rather than a "intp" thing. It's hard to tell sometimes :D

V

violaine

One bit of information I haven't disclosed is that he has A LOT of ideas in how to improve the department. Most of them are inane drivel and the ones that work usually don't last.

He created a bubble wrap dispenser modelled on a cat feeder where you fed bubble wrap through the top of a chimney like structure and it comes down to a hole in the bottom. But since our main tool of construction in the department is cardboard boxes it was an eyesore and was eventually thrown out.

He also made a craft knife blade receptacle out of two Styrofoam cups taped together and stuck shoddily to the wall.

So maybe INTP is apt.

Hah, my ESTP Dad does stuff like that all the time. (The keyword being cardboard!) I'm going with ISTP too... he sounds hilarious.

Any way you could have him take the test?

F

FigerPuppet

I laughed out loud several times while reading your description of him. He seems like a hilarious guy, but I don't know if I would be able to work with him.

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
Any way you could have him take the test?

I cannot conceive of any way to get him to take the test.:) This is how I imagine asking him would go:

Me: Hey bro, do you want to take this test?
Him: What is it?
Me: You know it's just this... you know, like... well personality types.
Him: Why would I?
Me: Why do you think, to see what type you are.
Him: Dah! (swipes hand dismissively) It's all bullshit! What, you actually believe this shit? I thought you were supposed to be smart. They make this stuff to dupe Dr Phil watching housewives into spending their husband's money.
Me: It's free you idiot.
Him: Yeah that's what they say. So what type are you? Fat type? The type that eats the most food?
Me: God I can't wait for your funeral.
Him: At least I'll be able to fit in my coffin! Aha!
pause
Him: Ay, that was a good one ay? What did you think of that?
Me: Nah.
Him: Aw, c'mon, I was only joking.
Him: Nah, not really, ah!
Me: Stop talking to me.
Him: Hmm!

End of conversation.

P

Phantonym

:D This guy sounds great. I'd love to observe him in his natural habitat.

My gut feeling tells me that he might be an INTP, with a weaker N.

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
Another recent story.

Like most mind-numbing places to work ours has little raffles and things and one day after one (Fuck it I'm just going to name the bogan now) Elliott found the bin with all the names in it, hid it in his clutches and scuttled back to our department.

With it he invented a game, you ask "Who in the company has/is the most ______" and you pull out a name and laugh at it. Usually they were incredibly childish like, "Who in the company has the most maggots up the bum?" or "Who in the company has the smallest genitalia?"

And when the people would come in later in the week Elliott would say, "Oh if it isn't old magotty-bum!" without them understanding the reference at all.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
He sounds really extroverted to me. Doesn't sound like an introvert.

V

violaine

I cannot conceive of any way to get him to take the test.:) This is how I imagine asking him would go:

Me: Hey bro, do you want to take this test?
Him: What is it?
Me: You know it's just this... you know, like... well personality types.
Him: Why would I?
Me: Why do you think, to see what type you are.
Him: Dah! (swipes hand dismissively) It's all bullshit! What, you actually believe this shit? I thought you were supposed to be smart. They make this stuff to dupe Dr Phil watching housewives into spending their husband's money.
Me: It's free you idiot.
Him: Yeah that's what they say. So what type are you? Fat type? The type that eats the most food?
Me: God I can't wait for your funeral.
Him: At least I'll be able to fit in my coffin! Aha!
pause
Him: Ay, that was a good one ay? What did you think of that?
Him: Aw, c'mon, I was only joking.
Him: Nah, not really, ah!
Me: Stop talking to me.
Him: Hmm!

End of conversation.

(Love it.)

I say deploy stealth questioning! (Yes he would have it figured out in a moment and you would have to correct for random silliness.) Could be fun coming up with subtle questions for him though. :D

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
He sounds really extroverted to me. Doesn't sound like an introvert.

I realise he probably does from what I've said. But he has one good friend outside of work, he spends hours at a time making music by himself, he's not much of a party animal and he only acts like the way I've described with people he knows well. As I mentioned earlier some of the loudest, talkative and most argumentative people in the department are introverts, myself included. Like me, he doesn't venture out of the department much as we both don't like being around people we don't know very well.

He does go into himself within the day and these outbursts usually increase throughout the day as he can very quiet in the morning. His pinnacle is usually at 5pm. There is an extravert in the department we get along with, but who we both complain about because he gets too close to us, touches us, breathes down our necks, headbutts us and doesn't respect an intorvert's personal space. The fact Elliott complains about it is another reason I think he's an introvert.