• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me (once and for all)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So, as you may know, I have an SFP complex. I always lean towards ESFP, but ISFP traits are very present and undeniable. On the forum I am known as an ESFP, but let me tell you a bit about myself in real life.

I'm always highly aware of my surroundings. A bit hypersensitive about it. Always looking around. Always the first to catch people's emotions, something new, a bird in the sky. Quick to react.

*I'm a very freedom-loving person. I like to be free from commitment and tie-downs. BUT, at the same time I am a very driven, hard worker. (This is not a known quality of either type.) I am career oriented and straight shooting. No one/ nothing will get in the way of my schooling and career. I pride myself in drive and intelligence when it comes to my field. So these commitments do tie me down despite a need to be free. (Its always a constant battle between work and play.)

I am mostly a very warm and friendly person, but have periods of coldness and distance. I am pretty low-energy a lot of the time, but I have these big spurts of energy where I get my stuff done and I'm "on" so to speak."

I'm pleasant, kind, receptive, adaptable. Not a loud-mouth, but a good conversationalist. Good listener, too.

I'm a kids and animals magnet, whether I want to be or not.

Friends and family are very important.

I'm a hands on learner, although proficient in other learning styles, and do well in school/learn fast.

I'm known for being practical. Time/money/situations. I get to the heart and importance of matters quickly and am able to manage with little resources. (Though not always. Sometimes its not necissary to be practical with time and money and things- sometimes you just gotta splurge and do what you want. BUT only with the resources to do so.)

My friends know me as cool, calm and collected. Slow to anger but slow to get excited. Just generally calm and happy and content most of the time. Level headed. Looks at all perspectives before passing judgements or making decisions. (Causes me to be slow with decision making though)

Down to earth.

I do not enjoy theory. I do not enjoy talking about things that don't matter right now, or don't have much application to anything. I can easily talk about these things and understand them for academic purposes, but that is the only purpose that they serve in my life. (Well, mbti is a little different..) So as a result, I gain as much knowledge as needed for a test/ job. And then manage to excel at the actual job because I can apply easier than I can theorize about it.

Does that make sense?

I'm conscious of my appearance and popularity.

I am always on time. I am very time conscious and will procrastinate until the very last minute to prepare for something/ get ready. But will always show up on time and prepared. (Somehow.)

I enjoy a busy social life. The more people in my life, the better!!!

I am very sensitive to rejection and critisism. I'm sensitive in general. I try to put on a tough face.

I can become depressed and anxious easily. I bottle up feelings/ and am afraid to share them. I get things worked up in my head to more than they should be/ catastrophize, but still can maintain a cool face.

Love parties!! yayQ!!!!

I'm warm, friendly, and approachable.

(Cliche, but).. I'm naturally artistic.

Yet, I choose not to use it, unfortunately.

I'm very quiet/shy in new and uncomfortable situations: parties and social events are sually okay, depending on the group.
Work things/ learning new things and I will become very quiet/ scared/anxious/shy.

Will normally put schoolwork over social events/ will try to make time for friends for later.

Reactive about most events in life. Let things happen to me. New jobs/new friends/ new anything.
Not proactive about change.

As lazy as possible without blowing things off. (If theres a spare moment, I will be caught on the couch with a beer falling asleep.)

Motherly. nurturing.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Nothing I read in there contradicts the notion of ESFP. Do you want to be a different type? Or do you just want attention? :newwink:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
nothing contradicts the notion of isfp either

(adding a couple of things to support ISFP to show why i'm apprehensive.)

wolfy

awsm
I think you are ESFP. A really balanced ESFP.
Why?
Overall the description leans towards someone making great use of extraverted sensing and extraverted thinking.
Also it doesn't have that tortured artist feel to it you hear in a lot of ISFP ramblings.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
You sound more J than P to me. Have you ruled out ISFJ or ESFJ? From the description, I think those are the two most likely possibilities.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Nothing I read in there contradicts the notion of ESFP.

Your desire for closure (and your discomfort as a result of your MBTI uncertainty) could be considered evidence of a still-maturing J replacement to your current P digit.

ESFj?

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
You sound like an ESFP with a bit of social anxiety (unrelated to type).

maliafee

I'm always on time, and I'm a P. Don't overestimate what "J" and "P" mean... I know J's who are NOT always on time.

That said, I think you're ESFP.

You said "I love parties" and "the more people in my life the better." Even though ISFPs can seem a bit extraverted, we don't ALWAYS like parties (I hardly ever like them unless they're like a dinner party where I know everybody) and we definitely don't feel "the more people the better" because that idea seems terribly overwhelming to an introvert.

Plus, truthfully, you V.I. as an ESFP.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm always on time, and I'm a P. Don't overestimate what "J" and "P" mean... I know J's who are NOT always on time.

That said, I think you're ESFP.

You said "I love parties" and "the more people in my life the better." Even though ISFPs can seem a bit extraverted, we don't ALWAYS like parties (I hardly ever like them unless they're like a dinner party where I know everybody) and we definitely don't feel "the more people the better" because that idea seems terribly overwhelming to an introvert.

Plus, truthfully, you V.I. as an ESFP.

V.I? What does that mean?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think you are ESFP. A really balanced ESFP.
Why?
Overall the description leans towards someone making great use of extraverted sensing and extraverted thinking.
Also it doesn't have that tortured artist feel to it you hear in a lot of ISFP ramblings.

LoL about the tortured artist. This is what keeps bringing me to the ESFP conclusion.

You sound more J than P to me. Have you ruled out ISFJ or ESFJ? From the description, I think those are the two most likely possibilities.

No, I haven't ruled them out. I've tested for both of these as well. P still seems more accurate to me, though. Everything is still to the minute and I don't think ahead. I just work fast and efficiently at the last minute. Also very flexible and laid back. I'm on the line with the J/P stuff.

Your desire for closure (and your discomfort as a result of your MBTI uncertainty) could be considered evidence of a still-maturing J replacement to your current P digit.

ESFj?

I've thought of this as a possibility! A very tough P-J transition could be happening. (Except I've been the same way for most of my life. So, I tend to end up ruling out change as a factor. )

You sound like an ESFP with a bit of social anxiety (unrelated to type).

Good points on everyones part.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
nothing contradicts the notion of isfp either

Mmmm...some of your tales of adventures on the town would seem to downgrade the possibility. Not that an ISFP can't do these things, obviously, but it just seems less likely.

I enjoy a busy social life. The more people in my life, the better!!!

Love parties!! yayQ!!!!

These are things I would say somewhat go against the I bit, too. Don't get me wrong, I love people too, but I don't think I would ever say "the more, the better." I have a tendency to lose track of people, and if I have a lot of people "in my life", then I start to feel bad for not keeping in touch with them all. It makes it easier and more pleasant for me to have a smaller group of people that I'm closer to.

I also don't love parties, in general, though I can have fun at one if it's the right kind of party, but again, I'd rather go out (or stay in) with a small group of people than some huge gathering where it's non-stop noise or something.

All of the MB (and other labels) is just that, though. It's really not that important. I can't tell ya what to do, but in my case, I just picked the one that seemed the best and stuck with it, because I don't have any desire to find a reason why it's wrong.

Anyway, keep rockin'. :cool:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Something you posted awhile ago, about focusing on your environment (something like - There's a tree, there's a fence, I wonder what so and so is up to) makes me think ESFP. You derive stimulation externally, then process it.

ISFPs tend to be very busy thinking about values, how to best express things to others, the nature of relationships, etc. They get stuck in their heads plenty good - they just have to come out of them to physically express whatever results they've thought up.

You did hit some ISFP characteristics, I admit... but you seem to hit the more important ESFP characteristics. I agree, ESFP with a developed Fi and Te.

Shyness is unrelated to type.

Oh, and both types can be damn hard workers if they enjoy the work. ISFPs in particular are some of the hardest workers I've known.

Either way, you seem to be a pretty well developed SP, and that's pretty damn cool.

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
I think you're a high IQ ESFP.

I've never met one, but that's been my impression of you.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
I reckon ESFP. You sound a lot more social and extraverted than the ISFPs I know IRL.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I guess so. I am surrounded my mostly extraverts most of the time. Makes me feel introverted in comparison, I guess.