User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Unhappy What are the biggest differences between ISFJ and ISFP

This is about me by the way

I can identify with traits from both J and P, so i have no idea :steam::confused:

MBTI
    I

Don't mean to throw out the obvious, but ISFP's are a lot more laid back imo.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Don't mean to throw out the obvious, but ISFP's are a lot more laid back imo.
    Well, i have always thought of myself as quite laid back...

I read some other place though, that ISFJ are the planners where the ISFP takes life as it comes(don't know if anybody understand this).

But this is where i find myself most to the ISFJ side. When dealing with the unknown (going out somewhere in public or being around strangers) it really gives me some security to have at least a short term plan of what is going to happen. That's why i have typed myself as an ISFJ until now, but i don't really think it fits that great as the needing a plan thing could also come from me being very shy and anxious in general.

There loads of bullet points for each type on the links below, i could go through them and comment on each one if you would like

ISFJ People-Focused, Responsible, Trustworthy, Loyal Ones!!
    ISFP Quiet Observers, Problem Solvers, Realistic, Critical!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Their personal styles are hugely different. ISFPs will stand out because they have this sort of "I take my own path through life and don't pay much attention to norms or standards" kind of attitude...they usually have a unique sense of personal style and give off a free-spirit, sometimes "hippie" kind of vibe. Some ISFP males seem to have a habit of overcompensating socially, being too outgoing, etc., in order to hide their naturally shy nature. (Sometimes this makes it hard to distinguish them from ESFPs, but ESFPs are just naturally at home being social and gregarious without even trying--you can tell the difference with practice.)

ISFJs are much more in line with social and cultural expectations. They're typically more concerned with just being calm and responsive to the needs of others, fulfilling their responsibilities, generally upholding the rules (except when the rules ask them to violate their personal obligations or relationships with others), and just kind of fitting in to do their part and make the system run the way it should. I find that the biggest distinguishing feature of ISFJs (from ISFPs) is the natural respect they give to the prevailing social and moral standards of their environment. (An ISFP is less likely to judge someone or something negatively because it's "weird" or otherwise abnormal.)
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by Requeim View Post
    This is about me by the way

I can identify with traits from both J and P, so i have no idea :steam::confused:
    If you have an obligation (like school), and you don't feel like going, how does it make you feel to miss it? Free and relieved, or down and guilty?

This is a huge difference between the types.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Their personal styles are hugely different. ISFPs will stand out because they have this sort of "I take my own path through life and don't pay much attention to norms or standards" kind of attitude...they usually have a unique sense of personal style and give off a free-spirit, sometimes "hippie" kind of vibe. Some ISFP males seem to have a habit of overcompensating socially, being too outgoing, etc., in order to hide their naturally shy nature. (Sometimes this makes it hard to distinguish them from ESFPs, but ESFPs are just naturally at home being social and gregarious without even trying--you can tell the difference with practice.)

ISFJs are much more in line with social and cultural expectations. They're typically more concerned with just being calm and responsive to the needs of others, fulfilling their responsibilities, generally upholding the rules (except when the rules ask them to violate their personal obligations or relationships with others), and just kind of fitting in to do their part and make the system run the way it should. I find that the biggest distinguishing feature of ISFJs (from ISFPs) is the natural respect they give to the prevailing social and moral standards of their environment. (An ISFP is less likely to judge someone or something negatively because it's "weird" or otherwise abnormal.)
    This doesn't make it any clearer, sorry... Again there's a lot of stuff on both sides that apply to me

Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    If you have an obligation (like school), and you don't feel like going, how does it make you feel to miss it? Free and relieved, or down and guilty?

This is a huge difference between the types.
    That is a great question, and i am 100% sure that i would want to feel free and relieved about it (i don't miss school alot by the way), however i usually end up feeling very guilty about it when i do (because of my mother((esfj)) who is the master of making me feel guilty about things like that

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post

I agree with a lot of this.

You do have to be careful with ISFPs, though, if you cross their inner values -- they can really dig in their feet and have a really fervent/righteous anger over "moral" choices someone else might have made. They rarely express this, but when it comes out, it's pretty intense and sometimes even shocking considering how laid back they are otherwise.

ESFPs and ISFPs differ greatly in terms of self-awareness. It's easy for EPs to live outside their core and that becomes their identity, while there's nothing "inside" to find, while ISFPs have a much stronger inner life while still liking to "mess with things" in the tangible world.

I've actually seen ISFPs get sort of entrenched in their values like the ISFJ does, however -- especially if they're married to each other. ISFP attachment/morality though tends to be on a more individual basis, whereas ISFJ will have a sense of the way the world is "supposed to work" which incorporates roles/hats that people are plugged into and this determines how they should be behaving and what levels of commitment are dictated.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

deleted

My Ni says ISFJ, but my Te says ISFP.

How dreadful.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    ISFJ will have a sense of the way the world is "supposed to work" which incorporates roles/hats that people are plugged into and this determines how they should be behaving and what levels of commitment are dictated.
    That doesn't sound like me, that is if i understand it properly

some of things you guys write are beyond my understanding, apparently

heart on fire

My ISFP friend plans in the same way I do, to have some control over situations and to keep other people from pushing in too much on that control but she can flex when external situations (or her own mood or energy level at the time) require it and it doesn't upset her to do so, just draw up new plan.

To the ISFJ I know, it's a real downer for her if she has to change her plans, makes her anxious and unhappy.