User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Default What do you think about this guy?

I have a particularly troublesome friend who seems to anger most of the people he knows. I am interested to see if you have any ideas about his type based on the information I can provide.

-He comes across as very self centered and arrogant. His sense of humor is always very sarcastic, and often rude.

-He loves to debate (thrives on debate) and will try to provoke arguments as often as possible. If you agree with him right away, he finds you boring and keeps trying to find a more contentious topic.

-He dislikes debating if he feels it is no challenge or thinks the other person's intelligence is too limited.

-He has very well-thought out ideas and can hold his own. He likes to think outside of convention and gets a thrill out of offending people and upsetting their strongly held beliefs.

-He looks at the need for companionship as a sign of weakness, and also laughs at the idea that a "random encounter" with a person could change someone's life.

-He lives to create chaos. He'd be the type to steal a guy's girlfriend or cheat with her and brag about it to the other guy's face.

-He is very interested in war and is in the army reserves. He likes an adrenaline rush, is learning to jump out of planes, and feels this type of thing is very significant, cool, important, etc.

-He always wonders aloud why people "are weak," why they "don't think," etc. and constantly believes he's right and other people are wrong. I honestly can't tell if this is a show or if he really means it, but it seems like he's sincere. He thinks calling something an "addiction" if it's not drugs or alcohol is just making excuses for what you wanted to do anyway.

-He is very black and white. He looks at all issues in a simple, cut and dried manner. He wants to argue with you until there is a clear "winner," though he cannot admit it if he's been "beaten." If you are ambivalent or want to explore a topic from both sides, he takes it as a sign of weakness and gets annoyed.

-His favorite characters are Dr. House (from the TV show) and the Joker (from The Dark Knight movie)

He loves to be around people, so I'm pretty sure he's both E and T. I'm just not sure about the rest. ENTJ, maybe? What do you think?
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

Haha, I know someone like this and every time I'm around him, my stomach just turns constantly. He's uptight in a challenging way, if that makes any sense.

Anyway, I'd definitely say ENTJ. But..do you think he might be I? Does he have a hard time confessing how he's feeling? Or will he tell you spot on?

I'm bad at this, haha.
    All people see, but no one sees the same.

MBTI
    INFP

I don't think I've ever heard him talk specifically about feelings, but as far as I know, that's more of a T or F thing, not an I or E thing.

The reason I say extroverted is because he seems to thrive on his interactions with people and go out of his way to talk to people, even if it is just to stir up chaos.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

He sounds kind of immature to be honest. People who see the world in only black-and-white terms often fail to recognize that everything is a shade of gray.
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

Fonewearl and proud of it!

I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

MBTI
    INFP

Oh, he's definitely immature. I'm just curious if it's still possible to figure out what type he is?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

ENTJ. Stuck in TeSe loop.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Stuck in TeSe loop.
    I'm new at this, and don't understand what TeSe means. Can you point me toward a link where I can read about this? I tried to google it, but only came up with Testicular Sperm Extraction.

*EDIT* Ah, never mind. I just found what I needed.

MBTI
    ISTx

xNTJ

Banned

J-E-R-K

Honestly, there was/is very little in that list that I can relate to. I think the only thing in there that I do see in myself is the arrogance and the unwillingness to bother debating with people who are ill-equipped. Picking fights just for the sake of it is not something I understand at all. NTJs will debate to get to the right answer, not because they think they already have it. When we actually believe we're right, there's no reason to shove it down someone's throat (unless they come asking for it of course). Also, seeing things as black and white seems to go against the entire NT approach and I've never known any xNTJ that actually enjoyed chaos. It's something that generally makes us really uncomfortable and irritable.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    ENTJ. Stuck in TeSe loop.
    +1