User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    J-E-R-K

Honestly, there was/is very little in that list that I can relate to at all. I think the only thing in there that I do see in myself is the arrogance and the unwillingness to bother debating with people who are ill-equipped. Picking fights just for the sake of it is not something I understand at all. NTJs will debate to get to the right answer, not because they think they already have it. When we actually believe we're right, there's no reason to shove it down someone's throat (unless they come asking for it of course). Also, seeing things as black and white seems to go against the entire NT approach and I've never known any xNTJ that actually enjoyed chaos. It's something that generally makes us really uncomfortable and irritable.
    I know an ENTJ, and she is one of my favorite people to hang out with. If this guy is ENTJ, I'm sure he is immature and/or unhealthy.
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

MBTI
    INFP

If he seems to get his energy from imposing himself and his opinions on the world, I think his dominant function would have to be an extroverted judging function. He doesn't seem Fe so I would guess he has Te in his top spot. If that's true it would make him E_TJ. With his more unconventional, anarchist approach, probably ENTJ. And this is a bit random but this type would give him Fi in his 4th spot, which could explain his clumsy, twisted form of taking the moral high ground eg. his addictions idea. And Se in his 3rd spot, which used in combination with Ni could make him even better at forming logical arguments.
    Orrrrr....he might be so argumentative as a way of getting mental stimulation. Does he actually believe the things he's arguing? Or does he just say whatever will offend the most people and enjoy thinking up reasons why it would be true? If he's just arguing anything, like a lawyer would, he might have Ne. With a good Ti to figure out a logical argument. Which would make him ENTP. But I think he would be more flexible in his arguments with this type.
    He really sounds more like ENTJ. No offense to ENTJs out there. Whatever he is, he's a good example of his type turned bad
    No human being is so bad as to be beyond redemption, no human being is so perfect as to warrant his destroying him whom he wrongly considers to be wholly evil.
    Gandhi

Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead.
    Louisa May Alcott

Don't worry, be happy.
    Meher Baba

Banned

I wonder how much of this might be type bias. I think a lot of us walk around with these MBTI stereotypes. When we encounter someone we don't understand/like/get along with we just slap on one of those handy-dandy labels we've decided fits the type (rather than the actual person) we don't like. I've seen this in myself. When I run into people I see as lazy, sloppy, whiny, and immature, my default biased judgment is "FP". The sad part is it's often my own perspective on the person rather than an accurate, objective assessment of him. I see these things I don't like, but I don't have a clue about the person's subjective psychological reality. I just slap on the label I reserve for the types I find the most objectionable. Fortunately, knowing this is the way people operate (myself included), I generally revisit the assessment later and try to evaluate whether this is just a case of personal dislike based on my own narrow view of the person.

It would be nice if (other) real ENTJs weighed in on this one. It seems that the judgments here may be a little less than objective. I think you'll find most NTJs are fairly willing to concede their faults (in fact there are a number of other threads where this has been done), but this character you've described doesn't sound anymore like an ENTJ asshole than an ENTP asshole, or an ESTJ, ESTP, or even INTJ on a bad day. I've even seen INFPs that behave in the ways you described right here on this board.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I can't really analyze based on type, but it sounds like he has some very deep psychological troubles, centered around male stereotypes and anger. My opinion is that he was wounded in his sense of worth as a male, probably by his father or some other older male. This would account for the rage at humanity he seems to feel, also his criticism of weakness. Also, I think seeing only B&W is a product of fear - fear of being overwhelmed, so it's better to steel oneself against it by wearing inflexible (and therefore impenetrable) armor.
    You probably already knew that...

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    I can't really analyze based on type, but it sounds like he has some very deep psychological troubles, centered around male stereotypes and anger. My opinion is that he was wounded in his sense of worth as a male, probably by his father or some other older male. This would account for the rage at humanity he seems to feel, also his criticism of weakness. Also, I think seeing only B&W is a product of fear - fear of being overwhelmed, so it's better to steel oneself against it by wearing inflexible (and therefore impenetrable) armor.
    You probably already knew that...
    He definitely seems to have many views centered around male stereotypes. When I first met him, he had never washed a dish in his life and called it "women's work." He's improved a lot since then. I also suspect he was hurt pretty deeply by a girl within the last couple of years, and that might account for some of his "over the top" rudeness to everyone in general.

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    I wonder how much of this might be type bias. I think a lot of us walk around with these MBTI stereotypes. When we encounter someone we don't understand/like/get along with we just slap on one of those handy-dandy labels we've decided fits the type (rather than the actual person) we don't like.
    Yeah, I can see how that would happen. I'm not interested in "writing him off." I'm just curious why he says and does things in his trademark way. Individuals are complicated, and he's not much like the other ENTJ girl I know and love to be around. However, if I can figure out his personality type, it might help me to relate to him better or partially understand where he's coming from.

As you mentioned, I would love to hear from other NTJ's. I don't know if the information I've provided is enough, but it would be interesting to hear more opinions.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Borderline personality disorder.

MBTI
    INFP

*Sigh*

Have you ever considered sociopath (someone who doesn't feel empathy for others)? I hate to throw it around loosely, but something like 1-4% are sociopaths (and most sociopaths are not violent criminals). For someone to not mind cheating, etc., doesn't sound like he has much of a conscience. It sounds like NON-conscience ENT? to me.

heart on fire

Originally Posted by juggernaut
    I wonder how much of this might be type bias. I think a lot of us walk around with these MBTI stereotypes. When we encounter someone we don't understand/like/get along with we just slap on one of those handy-dandy labels we've decided fits the type (rather than the actual person) we don't like.
    From what I read in the thread, the people saying he is ENTJ, are not arguing that he is operating in a healthy ENTJ way, they're talking about an ENTJ stuck in a Te-Se loop:

Tertiary Temptation

Tertiary Se (ENxJ): "I'll physically intimidate him. I'll brandish a little power and he'll get back in line. Beneath all our refinement, people are just animals, and let me tell you, this animal will not be denied. I'll go with my gut instinct here. You can't know everything in advance, you have to trust your gut in each moment.

Good thing my gut is trustworthy. A person with lesser character wouldn't be able to trust his luck the way I can."

The Secondary Function (Ni) would say: "What is really dangerous here and what's just a paper tiger? What are some options you haven't considered yet only because the current way appears--falsely--to be necessarily so?"
    Quote Originally Posted by jewelchild
    -He is very black and white. He looks at all issues in a simple, cut and dried manner.
    Expression of Se in the Tertiary i.e. "childlike" position?

MBTI
    NICE

Sounds like a pretty normal ENTP to me.