User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    I

Default Was I extroverted before?

Back a couple of years ago, I was a much more outgoing person. I would be energized by being around more people as opposed to being alone. I would talk before thinking, mainly for the purposes of comedic entertainment. I was a clown/comedian in a good sense. I was faaar more laid back, not caring much about priorities. I would feel much more comfortable around a bunch of people as opposed to just one person, even if the person was a close friend. Now all that is the opposite.

I have a very strong feeling my MBTI type changed. What do you think? Was I an ESTJ/ESTP before?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Sounds like you were an ESTP to me. It would make sense as you might have started channeling the Se inwards and so grown to use Si.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

deleted

Lol I thought that said "faaar more laid."

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Back a couple of years ago, I was a much more outgoing person. I would be energized by being around more people as opposed to being alone. I would talk before thinking, mainly for the purposes of comedic entertainment. I was a clown/comedian in a good sense. I was faaar more laid back, not caring much about priorities. I would feel much more comfortable around a bunch of people as opposed to just one person, even if the person was a close friend. Now all that is the opposite.

I have a very strong feeling my MBTI type changed. What do you think? Was I an ESTJ/ESTP before?
    How old are you? It's not very accurate to test yourself when you are under the age of 20.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by T-Guy View Post
    How old are you? It's not very accurate to test yourself when you are under the age of 20.
    I was 19 then, 21 now. Funny thing is a lot of it depends on surroundings, because the year before that (at the age of 18), I was more like I am now.

its not untypical for introverted people and makes perfect sense if you look at how personalities develop. a teenage group, as it is experienced by a teenager, is just a different thing, to a grown up group in the eyes of a grown up. as the individual is unknown, the subjective group experience consists of unconscious projections. as the individual gets more emphasized (conscious) a group becomes (is perceived as) a much more complicated situation. its more differentiated. a group is like an illusion, consisting mostly of miscommunication and cliches. a teenager could not care less. he's just like dancing. a conventionalist will used it for his purpose. but eventually he will become disillusioned about these purposes as well. so there are several natural breaks with the circus world, for everyone, and the introverted will be tempted by them, to skip the whole circus altogether. i would say 15, 21, and 26 are typical ages for such breaks, where individuality becomes more conscious and the extroverted worldview becomes more disillusioned.

MBTI
    I

^^That's interesting. I thought age came in much earlier but I guess not. Yeah, so maybe I'm in a new type right now, and I may change my type at 26.

i don't believe in type changes. but that does not mean, that a stage transformation can't add a little something and also include all that has been so far, but modulate it slightly, so it appears to be something different if looked at from the outside. like when you change the government, the uniforms of the soldiers will probably be exchanged as well.

if you are actually SiTe and you are that sure about being J, you might just be estj.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    i don't believe in type changes. but that does not mean, that a stage transformation can't add a little something and also include all that has been so far, but modulate it slightly, so it appears to be something different if looked at from the outside. like when you change the government, the uniforms of the soldiers will probably be exchanged as well.

if you are actually SiTe and you are that sure about being J, you might just be estj.
    Well, now I'm almost 100% sure I'm not extroverted. Being around many people just makes me a little uncomfortable. Back then though, I was different.

MBTI
    I

Going some place to eat by myself would have bothered me before, now I do it almost every day. I used to be uncomfortable with one or two other people and very comfortable around a bunch of other people. Now it's the opposite.