• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Was I extroverted before?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I also want to add that my functions go like an ENFP's would. Fi=Ne>Te>Si=Se=Ni etc.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
TheChosenOne said:
Okay, I sort of get what you're saying. Are you saying that I was ISTJ before too, despite not behaving like one?

yes, that was my hypothetical theory.

Chloe

Back a couple of years ago, I was a much more outgoing person. I would be energized by being around more people as opposed to being alone. I would talk before thinking, mainly for the purposes of comedic entertainment. I was a clown/comedian in a good sense. I was faaar more laid back, not caring much about priorities. I would feel much more comfortable around a bunch of people as opposed to just one person, even if the person was a close friend. Now all that is the opposite.

I have a very strong feeling my MBTI type changed. What do you think? Was I an ESTJ/ESTP before?

What is your Enneagram type?

Regardless your case, there is theory that enneagram type takes over our personality in teenage and early 20ies.

You didnt give enough info to say. What was more natural to you?
I think your MBTI type cant change, but you can act differently then your true type.
Some extraverted person can because of lack of self esteem, or depression, act introverted.. some Thinker may forse Feeling because people keep telling him he is too cold etc.

I have similar case, I was extremely extraverted until age 15, then moderately until 19, and then I become lot introverted last 3 yrs, but I had much family problems that literaly prevented me from socializing for 1 year,.. and I am too sensitive person so I process slow with Fi, so maybe Ne was pushed by Fi-noone can process sadness with Ne, because my father died and they say then when people lose someone they change personality for months/years after. That was my case. I am more prone to thinking I am E because I feel more natural in Ne dominant then Fi dominant, but I am still not sure....

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I also want to add that my functions go like an ENFP's would. Fi=Ne>Te>Si=Se=Ni etc.

Yeah, I highly doubt I'm extroverted now, it just doesn't make sense.

What is your Enneagram type?

Regardless your case, there is theory that enneagram type takes over our personality in teenage and early 20ies.

You didnt give enough info to say. What was more natural to you?
I think your MBTI type cant change, but you can act differently then your true type.
Some extraverted person can because of lack of self esteem, or depression, act introverted.. some Thinker may forse Feeling because people keep telling him he is too cold etc.

I have similar case, I was extremely extraverted until age 15, then moderately until 19, and then I become lot introverted last 3 yrs, but I had much family problems that literaly prevented me from socializing for 1 year,.. and I am too sensitive person so I process slow with Fi, so maybe Ne was pushed by Fi-noone can process sadness with Ne, because my father died and they say then when people lose someone they change personality for months/years after. That was my case. I am more prone to thinking I am E because I feel more natural in Ne dominant then Fi dominant, but I am still not sure....

I'm pretty sure my Enneagram type is 5. Not as sure as I am about my MBTI type, but it's most likely type 5.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I don't get it, I used to be so social, used to be incredibly energized by people. I enjoyed their company, and they definitely enjoyed me. I couldn't care less about everything else when I was with people. And then... everything gradually changed. Now I'm more anxious with others, and it's more of a difficult task to be with people.

I'm pretty sure my Enneagram type is 5. Not as sure as I am about my MBTI type, but it's most likely type 5.

Actually I'm not so sure I'm 5. I took tests, and I've received 3, 6, 1, and even 7.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I don't get it, I used to be so social, used to be incredibly energized by people. I enjoyed their company, and they definitely enjoyed me. I couldn't care less about everything else when I was with people. And then... everything gradually changed. Now I'm more anxious with others, and it's more of a difficult task to be with people.

Actually I'm not so sure I'm 5. I took tests, and I've received 3, 6, 1, and even 7.

It's not people. Find an activity that requires so much focus on the activity itself that you're not allowed to let your mind wander, and you'll find out how introverted you really are. I work in a department store and I get drained in there, but it's not just from the people. The social interaction is just part of it. The constant claims for my attention from the external world are draining.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
It's not people. Find an activity that requires so much focus on the activity itself that you're not allowed to let your mind wander, and you'll find out how introverted you really are.

Okay, you mean like video games? Yes, that gets me very focused. But so does playing sports.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I think I may have figured this out!

Prior to this extremely outgoing phase in my life, I was extremely stressed out, going through a tough period. I wanted to de-stress myself by hanging out with people almost 24/7.

The reasoning behind this:
I'm thinking that this was because my shadow is ESTP, and because I was under immense stress, I eventually took on the ESTP shadow personality (because if you knew me back then, you'd certainly say I was ESTP). Prior to the stress, I was ISTJ. After the ESTP phase, I reverted back to ISTJ. Thoughts on this?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Yeah, good to close this issue. This is a true reality check of MBTI (especially shadow types) for me. Thanks a lot to BlackCat, CJ99, and everyone else for the responses.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
how is ESTP your shadow? Because it's Si and Te reversed?

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think you definitely used to be an ESTP. That is really interesting.

Why did you become less inclined to be around people?