User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 43

Thread: Type this guy

  1. #11
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Why INFP? Interesting...

  2. #12
    Alexander the Terrible yenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    I've bolded the points I find reldevant, and red words are my guesses.

    E and F are verey strong, its hard to tell he is a J or P though. He is also definitely an N.

    -Knows a million people, and calls them all his friend. People he's met once or twice will be welcomed month long guests in his home.
    E
    People get attached to him very quickly, and he is very flattering (ie - gives out nicknames to everyone he meets, exaggerates their talents...)
    -Is very intelligent, but stagnant - has not sincerely worked in years, as he's a "starving artist" which means he can live off of other people with no guilty conscience.
    Fake F?
    Along those lines, always finds some girl willing to take him in and support him.
    -Is very emotional, cries more than anyone I know. He cries if someone else is going through a tough time and tells him about it.
    F
    He played a very intense sport for a very popular team, but had to quit due to debilitating panic attacks. He still loves the sport and refers to it constantly.
    -He falls in love very easily. Very easily.
    -He falls mostly for "broken" people or anyone with a sob story. He loves single young mothers and ex-strippers or ex-porn stars the most. (not that being a single mother is broken, by any means!! but he has a soft spot for 19 year old girls with 3 kids)
    -He always says that he doesn't want a girlfriend, but is never single (he has never been single for one day in 20 years - there is always someone lined up to be his GF). It doesn't matter how much he loves a woman, he'll find any flaw to harp on and say that he could never settle with her for that reason, even if he knew the reason prior to getting involved (latest reason was her ass wasn't perfect). However, he makes no effort to break up with them. And when break ups do happen, he remains very close with them and is still in love with all of them.
    -On the flip side, even though he doesn't want a gf, he'll stay with anyone no matter what they do. One girl gave him an STD (twice) and he just kept with her until she broke up with him.
    -He's great at math and geometery, but has a hard time with 3 dimensional principles (physics).
    -Great at what he does, by default, but has no technical knowledge on how to recreate what he did. (Like he takes amazing photos, but couldn't tell you why he used an aperture setting at that specific ISO)
    -He cares about politics to the point where there is constantly a news channel on in his presence. He can talk about any issue, but soon blows it up to a personal attack. If you disagree with him, no matter what the reason, he takes it personally and his temper flares. He has a ridiculous temper - can lash out with the meanest things to possibly say. Then when all is over, he'll cry about what a monster he was and beg for forgiveness.-

    Fi?
    Is constantly talking. You can't sit through a 30 second commercial without him commenting on it. He is constantly talking...
    E
    -Draws insane parallels to what ever you say. For instance, if I say that I think child molesters should be arrested, he'll find a way to say "That's like saying that all dogs should be arrested because it's in their nature to rape" or something like that. He will never speak on the issue at hand and will always compare it to something else, and then you are forced to defend against that position, as well.-

    Ne I am guessing?
    In telling stories, he often interrupts himself with examples before he even makes his point ("I don't understand why you would say - for example, my friend Alison does it and has never had a problem, my grandfather lived to 89 and he did it - so I just don't understand why smoking is bad for you")
    -Along the same line, he'll find an exception for everything. If you say that someone will die if they jump off an 87 story building, he'll find a way to say that someone survived it. No matter what the situation is, he refuses to agree with you or concede any point because there is a +/- .0001% chance that I could be wrong.
    Ne

    Can never make up his mind about anything. He'll change his shoes about 12 times before leaving the house. He struggles daily with decision making.

    P indecisiveness?
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

    "In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

    Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

  3. #13
    Senior Member ThatsWhatHeSaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    7,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Why INFP? Interesting...
    INFP is Fi, Ne, something, something, right?

    Fi

    Because he reminds me of heart -- tenacious yet emotional.
    Because he sounds like he doesn't know much significance to give feelings. (See relationship history.)
    Cries all the fucking time. Flair for drama.

    Ne

    Likes to debate. Very opinionated.
    Uses analogies in argument.
    Art stuff, especially being unable to explain how he did it.

    Si

    Poor job skills.

    Te

    I think it's pretty obvious.*










    *I have no fucking clue. I don't even know what Te is. Isn't it the function that helps you evaluate cell phone plans or something? See. I don't even care.

  4. #14
    Alexander the Terrible yenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    Does he always talk in his cellphone? People who are always talking on the phone are usually extroverts. He could also have alot of mirror neurons that help me able to copy other people's emotions (fake F).

    another type he could be is ESFP.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

    "In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

    Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

  5. #15
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    I have no fucking clue what Te is either. Too funny, Edahn.

    I'm so new to this typing stuff and I never know what to look for and in which context to look for it. It's not enough that I have to find the F, but then also if it's Fe or Fi, then also if it's dominant? How do you guys do this?

    Cloud: yes, he's always on that phone. Constantly. He is so much better verbally and it would take him 30 minutes to write a paragraph properly (in any language - even English) but can speak colloquially in a multitude of languages.

  6. #16
    Alexander the Terrible yenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

    "In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

    Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Azseroffs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ENTj
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTj
    Posts
    417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Ne

    Likes to debate. Very opinionated.
    Uses analogies in argument.
    Art stuff, especially being unable to explain how he did it.

    *I have no fucking clue. I don't even know what Te is. Isn't it the function that helps you evaluate cell phone plans or something? See. I don't even care.
    There's your Te!

    Ti is the same just more refined.. NeTi loves to debate, NeTe just likes to argue.
    ENTJ LIE
    3w4 sp/sx
    3w4(4w5)-5w6(6w7)-9w8(1w9)

  8. #18
    Senior Member ThatsWhatHeSaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    7,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azseroffs View Post
    There's your Te!

    Ti is the same just more refined.. NeTi loves to debate, NeTe just likes to argue.
    Ah! I see. Thanks. I'll make sure to file that away somewhere safe!



    *throws it away in the trash*


  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    You'll see from my below answers that I believe this guy is a pretty unhealthy ENFJ.


    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Did you feel that he manipulated you emotionally?
    I hesitate to answer because I don't want to disparage the ENFJ type, or ENFJ's. I'll underline that my ENFJ ex was QUITE unhealthy and we were poorly matched so that probably made his bad side come out even more...

    But YES, yes, yes, oh my GOD yes he was emotionally manipulative.


    I believe I know the type fairly well (even with his unhealthy example) because I've also been friends with normal ENFJ's. My ex and I were together four long years.

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Figured that since everyone else is doing it...

    Ok, here is the rundown of this guy I know:

    -Knows a million people, and calls them all his friend. People he's met once or twice will be welcomed month long guests in his home.
    Typical for an ENFJ.

    -People get attached to him very quickly, and he is very flattering (ie - gives out nicknames to everyone he meets, exaggerates their talents...)
    Could be ENFP or ENFJ here...

    [ENFJ]
    -Is very intelligent, but stagnant - has not sincerely worked in years, as he's a "starving artist" which means he can live off of other people with no guilty conscience.
    [/ENFJ]

    My ENFJ ex to a "T" - but I'm not sure if that's type-related or starving artist-related?

    -Along those lines, always finds some girl willing to take him in and support him.

    -Is very emotional, cries more than anyone I know. He cries if someone else is going through a tough time and tells him about it.
    ENFJ all the way...

    -He played a very intense sport for a very popular team, but had to quit due to debilitating panic attacks. He still loves the sport and refers to it constantly.
    My ENFJ ex played basketball in school and some football (for fun only, mind you) and would bring it up at every turn even though when I met him he never exercised and was a bit overweight.

    -He falls in love very easily. Very easily.
    ENFJ!

    -He falls mostly for "broken" people or anyone with a sob story. He loves single young mothers and ex-strippers or ex-porn stars the most. (not that being a single mother is broken, by any means!! but he has a soft spot for 19 year old girls with 3 kids)
    This was my ENFJ too. He had had six serious girlfriends before me, and they were all screwed up. At the time I was very mixed up myself, so go figure.

    -He always says that he doesn't want a girlfriend, but is never single (he has never been single for one day in 20 years - there is always someone lined up to be his GF). It doesn't matter how much he loves a woman, he'll find any flaw to harp on and say that he could never settle with her for that reason, even if he knew the reason prior to getting involved (latest reason was her ass wasn't perfect). However, he makes no effort to break up with them. And when break ups do happen, he remains very close with them and is still in love with all of them.
    This is insanely accurate for an UNHEALTHY ENFJ. I can't tell you how bad it felt to be in that relationship, being criticized constantly. He'd tell me I was the best girl he could ever dream of having and how awful I was in the same sentence.

    And my ENFJ ex is still in love with ALL of his exes, definitely. ALL.

    -On the flip side, even though he doesn't want a gf, he'll stay with anyone no matter what they do. One girl gave him an STD (twice) and he just kept with her until she broke up with him.
    My ENFJ broke up with me many times but always got back together with me. I think it was a power play, to get me to beg for him to come back. Because when I finally let him have his way, and wouldn't come back to him after a nasty breakup, he freaked out beyond anything I've seen in a guy.

    -He's great at math and geometery, but has a hard time with 3 dimensional principles (physics).
    Not sure how type-related this is, but my ENFJ was good at math as well.

    -Great at what he does, by default, but has no technical knowledge on how to recreate what he did. (Like he takes amazing photos, but couldn't tell you why he used an aperture setting at that specific ISO)
    Not sure what this says about him except no formal training in what he did and little observation as to the physical aspect of his creative process?

    -He cares about politics to the point where there is constantly a news channel on in his presence. He can talk about any issue, but soon blows it up to a personal attack. If you disagree with him, no matter what the reason, he takes it personally and his temper flares. He has a ridiculous temper - can lash out with the meanest things to possibly say. Then when all is over, he'll cry about what a monster he was and beg for forgiveness.
    *Nods* UNHEALTHY ENFJ. I once told my ENFJ ex I didn't like this one movie because I thought it had a political propaganda element to it and I didn't like being manipulated. He FREAKED OUT at me.

    -Is constantly talking. You can't sit through a 30 second commercial without him commenting on it. He is constantly talking...
    Sure...

    -Draws insane parallels to what ever you say. For instance, if I say that I think child molesters should be arrested, he'll find a way to say "That's like saying that all dogs should be arrested because it's in their nature to rape" or something like that. He will never speak on the issue at hand and will always compare it to something else, and then you are forced to defend against that position, as well.
    Sounds very NF.

    -In telling stories, he often interrupts himself with examples before he even makes his point ("I don't understand why you would say - for example, my friend Alison does it and has never had a problem, my grandfather lived to 89 and he did it - so I just don't understand why smoking is bad for you")

    -Along the same line, he'll find an exception for everything. If you say that someone will die if they jump off an 87 story building, he'll find a way to say that someone survived it. No matter what the situation is, he refuses to agree with you or concede any point because there is a +/- .0001% chance that I could be wrong.
    Hmm. Just logical fallacies. Exceptions should never be proof of a general point... NF reasoning? Dunno.

    -Can never make up his mind about anything. He'll change his shoes about 12 times before leaving the house. He struggles daily with decision making.

    EDIT: Also, at least 3 different women have told me that he cries during sex sometimes because he doesn't understand why we have to succumb to animal instincts.
    This was the most annoying part of our relationship: the sex. Not because he cried (and he did once or twice). It was because he had a very love-hate outlook on it. If I got into it (and of course I would, as an SP) or if I didn't refer to sex in the most gentle/euphamistic language, he thought I wasn't being "loving" enough, and would stop. He also withheld sex for spite. He would say sex was very base and unnecessary and felt bad that he had to want to have it even sometimes. Not attractive, let me tell you.
    Last edited by maliafee; 04-22-2009 at 07:59 PM.

  10. #20
    Senior Member Azseroffs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ENTj
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTj
    Posts
    417

    Default

    ^ I'm not dismissing the possibility of ENFJ as I think you might be correct, but I still feel ENFP is more accurate and this is why.

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    -Knows a million people, and calls them all his friend. People he's met once or twice will be welcomed month long guests in his home.
    typical of ENFJ but likely for any ExFx

    -People get attached to him very quickly, and he is very flattering (ie - gives out nicknames to everyone he meets, exaggerates their talents...)
    again ExFx

    -Is very intelligent, but stagnant - has not sincerely worked in years, as he's a "starving artist" which means he can live off of other people with no guilty conscience.
    typical of P but not unheard of in NFJ

    -Along those lines, always finds some girl willing to take him in and support him.
    ExFx

    -Is very emotional, cries more than anyone I know. He cries if someone else is going through a tough time and tells him about it.
    F..

    -He played a very intense sport for a very popular team, but had to quit due to debilitating panic attacks. He still loves the sport and refers to it constantly.
    not type related

    -He falls in love very easily. Very easily.
    NF

    -He falls mostly for "broken" people or anyone with a sob story. He loves single young mothers and ex-strippers or ex-porn stars the most. (not that being a single mother is broken, by any means!! but he has a soft spot for 19 year old girls with 3 kids)
    NF

    -He always says that he doesn't want a girlfriend, but is never single (he has never been single for one day in 20 years - there is always someone lined up to be his GF). It doesn't matter how much he loves a woman, he'll find any flaw to harp on and say that he could never settle with her for that reason, even if he knew the reason prior to getting involved (latest reason was her ass wasn't perfect). However, he makes no effort to break up with them. And when break ups do happen, he remains very close with them and is still in love with all of them.
    Exxp

    -On the flip side, even though he doesn't want a gf, he'll stay with anyone no matter what they do. One girl gave him an STD (twice) and he just kept with her until she broke up with him.
    NF

    -He's great at math and geometery, but has a hard time with 3 dimensional principles (physics).
    not type related, maybe N

    -Great at what he does, by default, but has no technical knowledge on how to recreate what he did. (Like he takes amazing photos, but couldn't tell you why he used an aperture setting at that specific ISO)
    P

    -He cares about politics to the point where there is constantly a news channel on in his presence. He can talk about any issue, but soon blows it up to a personal attack. If you disagree with him, no matter what the reason, he takes it personally and his temper flares. He has a ridiculous temper - can lash out with the meanest things to possibly say. Then when all is over, he'll cry about what a monster he was and beg for forgiveness.
    FJ

    -Is constantly talking. You can't sit through a 30 second commercial without him commenting on it. He is constantly talking...
    I find this typical of ExxP

    -Draws insane parallels to what ever you say. For instance, if I say that I think child molesters should be arrested, he'll find a way to say "That's like saying that all dogs should be arrested because it's in their nature to rape" or something like that. He will never speak on the issue at hand and will always compare it to something else, and then you are forced to defend against that position, as well.
    xNxP

    -In telling stories, he often interrupts himself with examples before he even makes his point ("I don't understand why you would say - for example, my friend Alison does it and has never had a problem, my grandfather lived to 89 and he did it - so I just don't understand why smoking is bad for you")
    eNxP

    -Along the same line, he'll find an exception for everything. If you say that someone will die if they jump off an 87 story building, he'll find a way to say that someone survived it. No matter what the situation is, he refuses to agree with you or concede any point because there is a +/- .0001% chance that I could be wrong.
    xNxP

    -Can never make up his mind about anything. He'll change his shoes about 12 times before leaving the house. He struggles daily with decision making.
    P

    EDIT: Also, at least 3 different women have told me that he cries during sex sometimes because he doesn't understand why we have to succumb to animal instincts.
    F


    The strong F makes me want to say ExFJ, but I see way too much P.. which I think is common for ENFJ as far as J types go, but I'm still leaning toward P. Also, the manipulative thing you said is also typical of ENFJ, so I'm kinda stuck.

    edit: I change my mind.. Nevermind the above. I'm thinking ENFJ. Damn that was a waste of time.
    ENTJ LIE
    3w4 sp/sx
    3w4(4w5)-5w6(6w7)-9w8(1w9)

Similar Threads

  1. Type this guy for me
    By OrangeAppled in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-23-2009, 12:26 AM
  2. Please help me type this guy...IxxJ?????
    By b4b in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-25-2009, 05:11 PM
  3. Type this guy
    By Litvyak in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-28-2009, 03:25 PM
  4. Type this guy?
    By sonata in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-31-2008, 05:09 PM
  5. Type this guy
    By frenchkiss in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-28-2008, 03:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO