• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type these 2 people please...

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Bump, still trying to figure out Person #1's type. I'm down to IxxJ. Most people think she's an S here, so that would mean primary Si cognitive function. But would she be a T or F, and why? I see most people saying she's an F, but I see her more as a T. Can someone explain as to why she's either an F or a T? Thanks!

Bump. Is it because she likes to organize get-togethers, combining the Si and Fe?

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
I'm thinking T over F merely because she doesn't show a lot of empathy which isn't the best explanation, but it does make me lean towards T as I said. Does she generally do nice things for those she's close to for no apparent reason? Is she warm and welcoming? That describes every FJ I know.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Person one is not ISTJ. The idea that F = nice, caring person is a myth.

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'm thinking T over F merely because she doesn't show a lot of empathy which isn't the best explanation, but it does make me lean towards T as I said. Does she generally do nice things for those she's close to for no apparent reason? Is she warm and welcoming? That describes every FJ I know.

ISFJs can be cold at times and in my experience are good at freezing out people who displease them. They tend to hold grudges. The person sounds too mercurial and ruled by her emotions to be a T. The event planning thing is very SFJ, and your description as a whole sounds compatible with ISFJ.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Does she generally do nice things for those she's close to for no apparent reason?

No.

Is she warm and welcoming? That describes every FJ I know.

Yeah, sometimes she can be.

Person one is not ISTJ. The idea that F = nice, caring person is a myth.

Haha, you learn something new every day.

ISFJs can be cold at times and in my experience are good at freezing out people who displease them. They tend to hold grudges. The person sounds too mercurial and ruled by her emotions to be a T. The event planning thing is very SFJ, and your description as a whole sounds compatible with ISFJ.

Person #1 is an ISFJ! Thanks for your help, everyone. I appreciate it.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I just want to come back to this thread for a second because I think I mistyped Person #2.

Person #1
She is very intelligent and capable, and is a little shy in public. She loves to plan family/close friend events (loves to plan what food to eat, what games to play, etc.), even though sometimes those plans don't always go through. Still loves planning those type of events despite that. Has once stated that she hates people in general, but she could have been having a bad day then. Can get angry or upset easily if people tell her something she doesn't want to hear and she can be sensitive. Doesn't express much empathy at all. Has sudden passions and interests (she can somehow one day get interested in something that she wasn't previously interested in).
Not the most patient person in the world. Can hold grudges for a significantly long time. Not the best listener in the world, sometimes she and I clash over being heard. Can be a very hard worker at times, sometimes skipping meals to work. Is very careful with money she spends, somewhat stingy, and can at times seem a little greedy.

Person #2
He is extremely intelligent, and very very laid back. Loves to have a good time, although he will get work done that needs to be done. Seems to always succeed, even without putting in maximum work effort. Has said before that he likes to hang out with his friends, but not with people that he doesn't know. A very courteous person, good guy, good friend. Can't stand a few certain people but will not show his displeasure. Doesn't really show it when he's angry or sad. Seems happy a lot of the time. A great listener. In crowds, he's generally more quiet unless there are extreme introverts in the crowd. Does things quick and efficiently, makes things look easy. Can be very creative.
Is very passionate about heavy metal music. Usually is active, and encourages friends to do fun activities with him. Although he competes in athletic feats (for fun, not on a team), he cares more about having a good time than winning. He is very confident in his abilities, but NOT cocky at all, has a quiet confidence about him. Has a lot of trouble keeping with timings, and sometimes I get angry at him for this. Often quite forgetful, but he never worries (at least it doesn't seem like he does). Comfortable talking to a group of people, good conversationalist.

My conclusions now:

Person #1 - ISFJ
Person #2 - ISTP

Thoughts??

alicia91

I think that person #1 is an INFJ. Vicky Jo's (infj.com) has a video about the importance of holidays, planning family functions etc. for the infj. They also get those sudden interests and are not always sympathetic.

#2 ISFP?