• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I really ESTP??

Bullitt

MBTI Type
EStP
Hi guys!

After taking numerous online quizzes I come out as ESTP. Although that I am not sure I am. Especially the trait about being attracted to risk, sports and being persuasive I do not really recognize in myself. I train martial arts, but I never liked to watch sports on TV.
So, I am looking for some help from you guys here.

On the online test at: kisa.ca I scored the following:

Extraverted 71% - Introverted 21%
Sensing 82% - Intuitive 18%
Thinking 75% - Feeling 25%
Perceiving 86% - Judging 14%

-------------
I never did my homework in elementary school, always finished math exercises in class, but never did any assignments at home. In boring classes I was often just waiting for the bell to ring, so that we could go the playground and play, swing or slide.
I was ALWAYS late for school, high school, university and often work also. Assignments in high school and university I did at very last moment and put very little effort into it. And almost failed…

I am easily distracted and often I am looking for excuses to get away from school work and watch movie or listen to music – alone or with friends. Or go out and drink with the guys and be social. I actually get depressed when I sit in my room having to study something (currently writing (or trying to) write a master thesis).

The only exception is when something really catches my personal interest, like recently photography, I put a lot of effort into it. But I HATE reading manuals. Show me some video tutorials instead. I am quiet careless with money, spending too much now and not thinking of the implications of the future.
This makes me a Perceiver? (Sometimes I even think that I might have ADD)

I would not say that I am attracted to risk, but sure to adventure like traveling the world, meeting new people, tasting the local food and making new friends.

The ESTP list of traits description “other characteristics” on Wikipedia.com fits very well. Especially the “witty” and outgoing part. ESTP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Have also often been told by people that I am cheeky, sarcastic and cocky. My mother once told me that I have the same type of humor as Roger Moore when he was playing 007.
But on Careers for ESFP Personality Types the ESFP list of traits, fits a little better ( I think so) than the ESTP list of traits Careers for ESTP Personality Types.
I would not call myself persuasive, but I am really good at making friends fast. Both male and female. Sometimes I am even a little suspicious of how easy it is to get close to people – especially girls.

At parties guys often come to shake hands, pat me on the shoulder and sometimes offer me beers or drinks, on a few occasions some girls have asked if they could be me drink.

During the breaks between semesters when most student have moved out of their dorm rooms and I am almost alone here I tend to get a little depressed as there is not really anyone to talk to. And when the beginning of the next semester is near I get excited like a child before xmas, I can’t wait to see who I am going to meet this semester, what new friends will come. I was always like “always talk to strangers”. Some of my engineer friends have said that they were embarrassed by my behavior of walking up to random people and starting conversations.

I have been called/accused of being a player and pimp, but never did much of either.

Regarding Sensing, since early childhood – and still today, I have the habit of having to like smelling things and objects. When I go out, I respond a lot to the sounds and smells of the world enjoy both fresh air and the smell of diesel. Even right now as I am typing this, I cannot stop myself from sliding my fingers over my relatively new keyboard just to feel the tickler of the texture of the paint on some of the keys. I am almost addicted to the taste of good food and drinks. I guess that makes me a sensor.

I took 2 right or left brain tests, 1 visual and 1 quiz based. In both cases I turned out to be right brained. I do not know if or how that is related to personality types.

----------

Any input would be appreciated.

I am of cause willing to answer other questions that might help peg me somewhere.

Thanks

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
you seem to fit the profile. Where do you see yourself not fit the profile?

And how can you sensing score be so high, I can never understand this lol.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I was ALWAYS late for school, high school, university and often work also. Assignments in high school and university I did at very last moment and put very little effort into it. And almost failed…

Me same. I love the thrill of failing. I don't even bother to do "that last minute". If the teacher can do anything about it, he can piss on my face. ;)

maliafee

If it helps, my ESTP big brother has NO interest in watching sports on TV.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No worries dude, you fit the ESTP criteria well (aka awesome). You don't have to watch sports to be ESTP, it's just someone's personal preference.

"Especially the trait about being attracted to risk, sports and being persuasive I do not really recognize in myself" You don't have to be ESTP to have these qualities. A lot of type profiles are pretty stereotypical, so just take it with a grain of salt. Remember, you don't have to be 100% accurate to a profile to be a type. You definitely seem ESTP.

Have you ever heard of the cognitive functions? You might want to research the ESTP's cognitive functions. If I could find a source that would tell you the rundown of it I would, but basically you have four main functions, a dominant one, a 2ndary one, a 3rd one, and an inferior one. It goes 1 2 3 4 based on how good you are at doing that. Here are the ESTP's functions- Se (1), Ti (2), Fe (3), Ni (4). The first function is unconscious and you excel at it, the second function is something you also excel at but isn't unconscious like your dominant, your 3rd function you do okay at but may be immature at it, and your 4th function is your inferior, you may not be able to use this correctly and it may not be so much of a priority, but this doesn't mean it still isn't used within you. It's just typically not as much as the other three. To get more info on the functions I'd suggest reading these links- http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...rin-s-super-amazing-function-definitions.html and Definition of cognitive functions | To Civilize Nature

That's basically the most basic description of the functions I can give you, but it gets much more detailed. MUCH more, with the usage of them based on the position (1 2 3 4 etc) and how they chain together. But that's what I can give you for now. Have fun. :)

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Here's the thing about MBTI... it doesn't define exactly who you are. If everyone fit every part of their MBTI type description, then everyone would be alike. I don't fit with some things that are said to be ISFP, but it's still my type. You sound pretty ESTP to me, anyway. :D

deleted
ESTP is totally my shadow self. We can be shadow buddies. Dude?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bullitt

MBTI Type
EStP
you seem to fit the profile. Where do you see yourself not fit the profile?

And how can you sensing score be so high, I can never understand this lol.

Maybe I have some brain damage? :)

On my Personality.info I got:

Extroversion 84%
Sensing 79%
Thinking 63%
Perceiving 84%

Is it normal for sensors to be slaves to their tastebuds? I very often indulge in pizza, cola and other things that taste sooo good, but I know are not good for me...

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, altho food disorders could be traced to some extent to peoples personalities. I don't think it starts and ends with it.

As a rationale one would assume I only eat what I need. Or even not at all since I'm a lazy INTP. But then again, I do enjoy food at times just to get my mind off of things or to relax. So it's more of an individual choice thing then a personality type thing.

Bullitt

MBTI Type
EStP
Well, altho food disorders could be traced to some extent to peoples personalities. I don't think it starts and ends with it.

As a rationale one would assume I only eat what I need. Or even not at all since I'm a lazy INTP. But then again, I do enjoy food at times just to get my mind off of things or to relax. So it's more of an individual choice thing then a personality type thing.

Lazy INTP? are you not supposed to super genious that came up with the www and other cool stuff???

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, we came up with it, but other people made it for us.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
ESTP would be my guess, but not far off from an ESFP :)

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Hi guys!

After taking numerous online quizzes I come out as ESTP. Although that I am not sure I am. Especially the trait about being attracted to risk, sports and being persuasive I do not really recognize in myself. I train martial arts, but I never liked to watch sports on TV.
So, I am looking for some help from you guys here.

On the online test at: kisa.ca I scored the following:

Extraverted 71% - Introverted 21%
Sensing 82% - Intuitive 18%
Thinking 75% - Feeling 25%
Perceiving 86% - Judging 14%

-------------
Hi. Welcome to MBTI... and to the forum. :hi:

Would you mind trying this test?
There's 3 choices for each question... choose ONE answer per question.
Discordia Inc.

How old are you?
You're supposed to answer the questions according to the way you were between the ages of 6 and 22.