• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I really ESTP??

Bullitt

MBTI Type
EStP
Hi. Welcome to MBTI... and to the forum. :hi:

Would you mind trying this test?
There's 3 choices for each question... choose ONE answer per question.
Discordia Inc.

How old are you?
You're supposed to answer the questions according to the way you were between the ages of 6 and 22.

I am 28.

my score was:

Results
Introversion (I): 2 versus Extroversion (E): 16
Sensing (S): 12 versus Intuition (N): 5
Thinking (T): 6 versus Feeling (F): 4
Judging (J): 0 versus Perceiving (P): 11

Making your MBTI code:
E S T P

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I guess it seems pretty clear. Based on the results of that test and on the feedback you've already received in this thread, you seem to be ESTP.

Whenever I figure out someone's Type and then give them a profile to read, I always tell them to expect the description to suit them about 85%. MBTI describes "tendencies". It's not a guarantee that everyone who is that type will behave that way. It's just what is "typically" found in people of that type. You have to allow for variation within type.

It took me over 3 months of reading the books and getting a deeper understanding of the words behind the questions and the underlying context they were asking the questions in, before I finally figured out for sure what my type was. And even then it was a couple of years more of learning before I felt pretty positive. MBTI is not something that's as easy to figure out as an online quiz makes it seem.

Another problem with online information is that some of it is junk, but I found an excellent site the other day.
I didn't read all the profiles, but mine was excellent. Here's yours:
Sensing-Perceiving Mode Types

Bullitt

MBTI Type
EStP
thanks man.

btw - how do you account for external factors in affecting your choices?

One quiz I took asked if I would rather be a scientist or a senator - I ended up chosing scientist even though the life of politics with gourmet dinners, shaking hands, squandering tax payers money is very appealing to me. I just not want to put up with the bullshit from journalists, smear campaigns and risk getting shot :)

Similar the only thing that prevents me from speeding is the fear of losing my licenses and paying fines - not risk to my safety.

Are these external factors supposed to affect your choices or should questions be answered as all-things-being-equal???

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
Hi guys!

After taking numerous online quizzes I come out as ESTP. Although that I am not sure I am. Especially the trait about being attracted to risk, sports and being persuasive I do not really recognize in myself. I train martial arts, but I never liked to watch sports on TV.
So, I am looking for some help from you guys here.
Any input would be appreciated.

I am of cause willing to answer other questions that might help peg me somewhere.

Thanks

I read through it, and started "down the list" from most general to least. I'm very confident you are an SP, no questions there. You are also an extrovert, pretty apparent.

It comes down to ESTP or ESFP. I personally know a few ESTPs and ESFPs, of the male variety for both. Reading your profile, I saw little that would disqualify you from being an ESTP or ESFP. They can be very similar.

I'm trying to come up with some questions to differentiate the two.

In a relationship, how do you react to a break up? I've seen this happen with both ESTP and ESFP, they are different.

Someone puts a plate of food in front of you with loaded with something you've never had before. How do you react?

Bullitt

MBTI Type
EStP
I read through it, and started "down the list" from most general to least. I'm very confident you are an SP, no questions there. You are also an extrovert, pretty apparent.

It comes down to ESTP or ESFP. I personally know a few ESTPs and ESFPs, of the male variety for both. Reading your profile, I saw little that would disqualify you from being an ESTP or ESFP. They can be very similar.

I'm trying to come up with some questions to differentiate the two.

In a relationship, how do you react to a break up? I've seen this happen with both ESTP and ESFP, they are different.

Someone puts a plate of food in front of you with loaded with something you've never had before. How do you react?

Hmm. regarding relationships, as they have been cross nationality to me, have not bothered me as we both knew from the beginning they it would most likely only last the semester. So no hard feelings, new girls will arrive next semester :cheese:

food - I sniff it for sure. Then I try it. Then I ask for more. So far I have not disliked anything I have been served outside my own country. I even liked haggis in Scotland. But most of all, I love the food of the Balkans.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If it helps, my ESTP big brother has NO interest in watching sports on TV.

Me either! That requires sitting still, which is very NOT me. :D I am off the charts ESTP, you don't have to fit the language of a given profile/type description to be of a particular type.

I've read three that all spoke to me in some capacity, but they all had their shortcomings too. You are unique, regardless of the (potential) predispositions of your MBTI type!

Bullitt

MBTI Type
EStP
Me either! That requires sitting still, which is very NOT me. :D I am off the charts ESTP, you don't have to fit the language of a given profile/type description to be of a particular type.

I've read three that all spoke to me in some capacity, but they all had their shortcomings too. You are unique, regardless of the (potential) predispositions of your MBTI type!

I also have problems with sitting still. Gotta check my messages, gotta go talk to neighbours, gotta go to supermarket, even if I am not buying anything.. :cheese:

maliafee

Is it normal for sensors to be slaves to their tastebuds? I very often indulge in pizza, cola and other things that taste sooo good, but I know are not good for me...

Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes.

You sound like an ESTP because there is structure woven in with your spontaneousness, and one can almost feel the way you jump from decision to decision like a panther in a tree, jumping from branch to branch.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I also have problems with sitting still. Gotta check my messages, gotta go talk to neighbours, gotta go to supermarket, even if I am not buying anything.. :cheese:

My brother, an ESTP, is very much like that. He's always doing something or talking to someone. And yes, like you, he does get a little down and very bored when there's no one around to talk to or do things with. He's always out somewhere, and now that he has his own car, I don't think he's ever often at home. :D

He also isn't fond of sports, likes to be very clean, can't stand his work space full of distracting irrelevant objects, and likes to cook (okay...he LOVES to cook...he loves Food Network and I think half the fun for him is inventing new ways to combine foods so they taste good).

He's never been one who was good at taking tests, but he enjoys the process of gathering information and understanding it...especially when he's allowed to observe something happening and then play with it to see what will happen. Probably why he's working with stem cell research.

He's very persuasive, but he would not necessarily admit to being so. Unlike me, he can walk into a room and totally work the room to his advantage so smoothly it usually makes me feel like I'm tripping over myself.

So, yeah, there's some evidence of another ESTP. Similar to you, but different in plenty of ways.

By the way, have you considered taking up cooking? Seems like it'd be right up your alley. ;) Making tastey foods you get to devour shortly after making them seems rewarding enough, yes?

Bullitt

MBTI Type
EStP
My brother, an ESTP, is very much like that. He's always doing something or talking to someone. And yes, like you, he does get a little down and very bored when there's no one around to talk to or do things with. He's always out somewhere, and now that he has his own car, I don't think he's ever often at home. :D

He also isn't fond of sports, likes to be very clean, can't stand his work space full of distracting irrelevant objects, and likes to cook (okay...he LOVES to cook...he loves Food Network and I think half the fun for him is inventing new ways to combine foods so they taste good).

He's never been one who was good at taking tests, but he enjoys the process of gathering information and understanding it...especially when he's allowed to observe something happening and then play with it to see what will happen. Probably why he's working with stem cell research.

He's very persuasive, but he would not necessarily admit to being so. Unlike me, he can walk into a room and totally work the room to his advantage so smoothly it usually makes me feel like I'm tripping over myself.

So, yeah, there's some evidence of another ESTP. Similar to you, but different in plenty of ways.

By the way, have you considered taking up cooking? Seems like it'd be right up your alley. ;) Making tastey foods you get to devour shortly after making them seems rewarding enough, yes?

Most of the time I have not enough patience for cooking for myself, but I do it - and do it very well when I have (female) visitors.

:);)

BTW - how come your brother is ESTP and you are INFJ??? I thought most of these things was genetic - or is it more about conditioning????

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Imagine a whole family full of INTPS.. Or worse, ENTPS.. ;P

Thank the lord it isn't genetic.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Most of the time I have not enough patience for cooking for myself, but I do it - and do it very well when I have (female) visitors.

:);)

BTW - how come your brother is ESTP and you are INFJ??? I thought most of these things was genetic - or is it more about conditioning????

I don't know. It's weird, isn't it? We've always been like mirrored versions of each other. I suspect it's a small part genetic and likely somewhat random even though there seem to be trends (basic predispositions), and partly environmental influences.

You see, while we have different approaches to life, my brother and I often share the same conclusions to issues. We have similar interests and similar values, because we were raised by the same people in similar conditions. But our methods of thinking and ways of interacting with the world are very different.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
Hmm. regarding relationships, as they have been cross nationality to me, have not bothered me as we both knew from the beginning they it would most likely only last the semester. So no hard feelings, new girls will arrive next semester :cheese:

food - I sniff it for sure. Then I try it. Then I ask for more. So far I have not disliked anything I have been served outside my own country. I even liked haggis in Scotland. But most of all, I love the food of the Balkans.

ESTP it seems.

There's an international supermarket near me, the yugo food is good stuff.

Incidentally, girls and food are good things.

Bullitt

MBTI Type
EStP
ESTP it seems.

There's an international supermarket near me, the yugo food is good stuff.

Incidentally, girls and food are good things.

Agreed. Both bring a smile to my face. And help me forget about the boring things in life, like studies and work....:cheese:

maliafee

Imagine a whole family full of INTPS.. Or worse, ENTPS.. ;P

Thank the lord it isn't genetic.

How do you know it's not genetic? You don't have to be the same type as your parents to have inherited type genetically.

Just saying. :D

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree that it might be somewhat random and somewhat genetic. My dad is an INTP and my mom an ENFP, I came out as INFP.

SpaghettiMonster

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
It could be environmental too. I doubt two P parents are gonna raise their children in an oppressive, dictatorial environment and produce little Js. :2ar15:

I'm some form of ETP. My parents are INFJ and ISxJ with very strong I tendencies. When I was a young teenager, I used to test consistently as an ISTJ; at that point I was fully convinced that I was an organized, overachieving model citizen and that this flakiness thing was just a teenage phase. It took me years to realize I don't give a tiny rat's ass about organization and I don't wanna spend the rest of my life locked up alone in a cave.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I agree that it might be somewhat random and somewhat genetic. My dad is an INTP and my mom an ENFP, I came out as INFP.

Agreed.

My Dad = ESTJ
Me = ESTP
Brother = INTJ
Mother = INFP

Bullitt

MBTI Type
EStP
Agreed.

My Dad = ESTJ
Me = ESTP
Brother = INTJ
Mother = INFP

funny.. I feel my parents are the same. My mom is shy and sensitive, lazy, always putting of work, sitting watching tv, always worried about purse snatchers, fears confrontation, wile my dad is also talking to random people, but very dedicated to few interests - his cars and his workshop.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
What do you mean? The lack of structure and order?

I wrote a series of my traits when then came to my mind in a word document first before posting.

I just got that idea based on your writing. I might be wrong. ;)