User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    EStP

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Hi. Welcome to MBTI... and to the forum.

Would you mind trying this test?
    There's 3 choices for each question... choose ONE answer per question.
    Discordia Inc.

How old are you?
    You're supposed to answer the questions according to the way you were between the ages of 6 and 22.
    I am 28.

my score was:

Results
    Introversion (I): 2 versus Extroversion (E): 16
    Sensing (S): 12 versus Intuition (N): 5
    Thinking (T): 6 versus Feeling (F): 4
    Judging (J): 0 versus Perceiving (P): 11

Making your MBTI code:
    E S T P

MBTI
    INTJ

I guess it seems pretty clear. Based on the results of that test and on the feedback you've already received in this thread, you seem to be ESTP.

Whenever I figure out someone's Type and then give them a profile to read, I always tell them to expect the description to suit them about 85%. MBTI describes "tendencies". It's not a guarantee that everyone who is that type will behave that way. It's just what is "typically" found in people of that type. You have to allow for variation within type.

It took me over 3 months of reading the books and getting a deeper understanding of the words behind the questions and the underlying context they were asking the questions in, before I finally figured out for sure what my type was. And even then it was a couple of years more of learning before I felt pretty positive. MBTI is not something that's as easy to figure out as an online quiz makes it seem.

Another problem with online information is that some of it is junk, but I found an excellent site the other day.
    I didn't read all the profiles, but mine was excellent. Here's yours:
    Sensing-Perceiving Mode Types

MBTI
    EStP

thanks man.

btw - how do you account for external factors in affecting your choices?

One quiz I took asked if I would rather be a scientist or a senator - I ended up chosing scientist even though the life of politics with gourmet dinners, shaking hands, squandering tax payers money is very appealing to me. I just not want to put up with the bullshit from journalists, smear campaigns and risk getting shot :-)

Similar the only thing that prevents me from speeding is the fear of losing my licenses and paying fines - not risk to my safety.

Are these external factors supposed to affect your choices or should questions be answered as all-things-being-equal???

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
    Hi guys!

After taking numerous online quizzes I come out as ESTP. Although that I am not sure I am. Especially the trait about being attracted to risk, sports and being persuasive I do not really recognize in myself. I train martial arts, but I never liked to watch sports on TV.
    So, I am looking for some help from you guys here.
    Any input would be appreciated.

I am of cause willing to answer other questions that might help peg me somewhere.

Thanks
    I read through it, and started "down the list" from most general to least. I'm very confident you are an SP, no questions there. You are also an extrovert, pretty apparent.

It comes down to ESTP or ESFP. I personally know a few ESTPs and ESFPs, of the male variety for both. Reading your profile, I saw little that would disqualify you from being an ESTP or ESFP. They can be very similar.

I'm trying to come up with some questions to differentiate the two.

In a relationship, how do you react to a break up? I've seen this happen with both ESTP and ESFP, they are different.

Someone puts a plate of food in front of you with loaded with something you've never had before. How do you react?
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    EStP

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    I read through it, and started "down the list" from most general to least. I'm very confident you are an SP, no questions there. You are also an extrovert, pretty apparent.

It comes down to ESTP or ESFP. I personally know a few ESTPs and ESFPs, of the male variety for both. Reading your profile, I saw little that would disqualify you from being an ESTP or ESFP. They can be very similar.

I'm trying to come up with some questions to differentiate the two.

In a relationship, how do you react to a break up? I've seen this happen with both ESTP and ESFP, they are different.

Someone puts a plate of food in front of you with loaded with something you've never had before. How do you react?

Hmm. regarding relationships, as they have been cross nationality to me, have not bothered me as we both knew from the beginning they it would most likely only last the semester. So no hard feelings, new girls will arrive next semester

food - I sniff it for sure. Then I try it. Then I ask for more. So far I have not disliked anything I have been served outside my own country. I even liked haggis in Scotland. But most of all, I love the food of the Balkans.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    If it helps, my ESTP big brother has NO interest in watching sports on TV.
    Me either! That requires sitting still, which is very NOT me. I am off the charts ESTP, you don't have to fit the language of a given profile/type description to be of a particular type.

I've read three that all spoke to me in some capacity, but they all had their shortcomings too. You are unique, regardless of the (potential) predispositions of your MBTI type!

MBTI
    EStP

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Me either! That requires sitting still, which is very NOT me. I am off the charts ESTP, you don't have to fit the language of a given profile/type description to be of a particular type.

I've read three that all spoke to me in some capacity, but they all had their shortcomings too. You are unique, regardless of the (potential) predispositions of your MBTI type!

I also have problems with sitting still. Gotta check my messages, gotta go talk to neighbours, gotta go to supermarket, even if I am not buying anything..

Is it normal for sensors to be slaves to their tastebuds? I very often indulge in pizza, cola and other things that taste sooo good, but I know are not good for me...
    Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes.

You sound like an ESTP because there is structure woven in with your spontaneousness, and one can almost feel the way you jump from decision to decision like a panther in a tree, jumping from branch to branch.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I also have problems with sitting still. Gotta check my messages, gotta go talk to neighbours, gotta go to supermarket, even if I am not buying anything..
    My brother, an ESTP, is very much like that. He's always doing something or talking to someone. And yes, like you, he does get a little down and very bored when there's no one around to talk to or do things with. He's always out somewhere, and now that he has his own car, I don't think he's ever often at home.

He also isn't fond of sports, likes to be very clean, can't stand his work space full of distracting irrelevant objects, and likes to cook (okay...he LOVES to cook...he loves Food Network and I think half the fun for him is inventing new ways to combine foods so they taste good).

He's never been one who was good at taking tests, but he enjoys the process of gathering information and understanding it...especially when he's allowed to observe something happening and then play with it to see what will happen. Probably why he's working with stem cell research.

He's very persuasive, but he would not necessarily admit to being so. Unlike me, he can walk into a room and totally work the room to his advantage so smoothly it usually makes me feel like I'm tripping over myself.

So, yeah, there's some evidence of another ESTP. Similar to you, but different in plenty of ways.

By the way, have you considered taking up cooking? Seems like it'd be right up your alley. Making tastey foods you get to devour shortly after making them seems rewarding enough, yes?
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    EStP

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    My brother, an ESTP, is very much like that. He's always doing something or talking to someone. And yes, like you, he does get a little down and very bored when there's no one around to talk to or do things with. He's always out somewhere, and now that he has his own car, I don't think he's ever often at home.

He also isn't fond of sports, likes to be very clean, can't stand his work space full of distracting irrelevant objects, and likes to cook (okay...he LOVES to cook...he loves Food Network and I think half the fun for him is inventing new ways to combine foods so they taste good).

He's never been one who was good at taking tests, but he enjoys the process of gathering information and understanding it...especially when he's allowed to observe something happening and then play with it to see what will happen. Probably why he's working with stem cell research.

He's very persuasive, but he would not necessarily admit to being so. Unlike me, he can walk into a room and totally work the room to his advantage so smoothly it usually makes me feel like I'm tripping over myself.

So, yeah, there's some evidence of another ESTP. Similar to you, but different in plenty of ways.

By the way, have you considered taking up cooking? Seems like it'd be right up your alley. Making tastey foods you get to devour shortly after making them seems rewarding enough, yes?
    Most of the time I have not enough patience for cooking for myself, but I do it - and do it very well when I have (female) visitors.

BTW - how come your brother is ESTP and you are INFJ??? I thought most of these things was genetic - or is it more about conditioning????