User Tag List

First 5678 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 72

Thread: INFJ or ISFJ?

  1. #61
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    INFJ

  2. #62
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    iwakar may have made a good point that perhaps I have highly developed S or even Si specifically, which at times can give off the impression of me being ISFJ.


    I see that Robert E. Lee is classifed as ISFJ, and to me that seems very signficiant. I have great respect for Lee as a soldier and a gentleman, and can relate to those qualities very much.

    However in studies Ive read comparing him to his rival Grant, Lee was more the master tactican while Grant was more the strategist. In layman's terms: Lee knew how to win battles, while Grant knew how to win the war. Lee's focus was limited to his one area of operation, Grant's was concentrating on the war as a whole.

    I've always remarked that I'm far more a strategist than a tactician. Even more so, I find myself most interested in matters related to"Grand strategy" which as the link explains involves the "movement and use of an entire nation state or empire's resources" to achieve victory in warfare. So not just the deployment and movements of armies, but also organization of the economy, and of course matters of foreign policy as well.

    In other words: I place my primary focus on the big picture.

  3. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    So you intended to say the bolded? Perhaps, but you didn't.
    No, I didn't intend to say that. I said it in my second post, though. In my first post, I said "really, really special." I thought I was being cute (obviously not)...

    Don't be touchy with ME, because, because...

    well, I won't do a damn thing actually.

    Is it possible that your sarcasm is disguising a lingering annoyance? I know there's always a kernel of truth to my "jokes." Well, usually anyway.
    Not really. Maybe we haven't been formally introduced. I'm an ISFP. Just so you know, we typically see people's various qualities for what they are... various qualities. We don't sit around and stew over somebody's personality trait or tendency. It's interesting to me, if anything. Then again, I don't think about it much (ever, really) until it is brought up by other people.

    One more thing: I know some people hate hearing negative things about their type or themselves, and those things may be true or NOT, but MBTI is not just for observation, it's for growth, and part of that is accepting certain uncomfortable truths. I don't see vengeance as a huge problem, but apparently others seem to. If I were vengeful, I might admit it. In fact, as an ISFP, I see it as a strength. I feel a little foolish sometimes for forgiving too easily and getting stepped on by people.

  4. #64
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    No, I didn't intend to say that. I said it in my second post, though. In my first post, I said "really, really special." I thought I was being cute (obviously not)...

    Don't be touchy with ME, because, because...

    well, I won't do a damn thing actually.



    Not really. Maybe we haven't been formally introduced. I'm an ISFP. Just so you know, we typically see people's various qualities for what they are... various qualities. We don't sit around and stew over somebody's personality trait or tendency. It's interesting to me, if anything. Then again, I don't think about it much (ever, really) until it is brought up by other people.

    One more thing: I know some people hate hearing negative things about their type or themselves, and those things may be true or NOT, but MBTI is not just for observation, it's for growth, and part of that is accepting certain uncomfortable truths. I don't see vengeance as a huge problem, but apparently others seem to. If I were vengeful, I might admit it. In fact, as an ISFP, I see it as a strength. I feel a little foolish sometimes for forgiving too easily and getting stepped on by people.
    Well, as an INFJ, your description didn't describe me at all so I guess making it sound like they were FACTS could be considered offensive to some. I think I am well aware of my negative traits and those that you pointed out didn't sound like me or the other INFJs I know. It just seems more like a a backhanded compliment than anything else.

  5. #65
    Senior Member Snow Turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    INFJ or INTJ. Personally I don't get much of an ISFJ vibe from the posts on this thread, and I generally don't get the impression of meeting a similar kin. Then again... that might just be due to a difference in interests as I've felt similar to other INFJs before.

    I'd like to point out though...

    ISFJs usually have little interest in history unless it's personal. In fact it could be argued that it's their least favourite subject. Personally I haven't found value in history but that might be different for others.

    We do operate on a past is the key to the future.

    Lastly if we're going on the basis that conservative views is SJ. My NF/SFs friend would be shocked by some of my values regarding asexuality, incest, polyamory and so fourth. My strange ideas motivated by spirtuality, philosophy and psychology. However there's one major factor behind searching for all these meaning and knowledge. It's how it can be related to me, and how I can apply it to my reality. Your interest in history doesn't seem to be along that line.

    ISTJs seem to be different in that regard though. They seem more accommodating of things that aren't practical to them, as long as they are interested in it.

  6. #66
    Revelation Lauren Ashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    It just seems more like a a backhanded compliment than anything else.
    Agreed.

    You say that INFJs are one of your favorite types but it seems you jump at the chance to say something negative about them.

    It also seemed as if you were saying ISFJs are completely selfless while INFJs are more on the selfish side. That may have been your experience, but that has not been mine. To be honest, ISFJs were not my favorite type when I first learned about MBTI as my experiences with them were not the best. But I don't think it would be accurate or "right" to state my opinion on ISFJs as fact and tell those that disagreed with me that they are in denial.

    ----

    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    ISFJs usually have little interest in history unless it's personal. In fact it could be argued that it's their least favourite subject. Personally I haven't found value in history but that might be different for others.
    Yes, I think it depends on the person. I have two ISFJ friends that are very interested in history and one is getting a PhD in history. And then there are others who are not particularly interested in the subject.

    Peguy, I just see a very strong J in your posts, but nothing stands out as SJ to me.

  7. #67
    WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.
    Posts
    1,155

    Default

    Feelers are so weird.

    What's all this fuss about?
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz

  8. #68
    Revelation Lauren Ashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A Schnitzel View Post
    Feelers are so weird.

    What's all this fuss about?
    Hush up!

    Aren't you supposed to be at INTPc?

  9. #69
    WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.
    Posts
    1,155

    Default

    I pop in once in a while.

    Usually I get scared away by all the emoting.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz

  10. #70
    Revelation Lauren Ashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A Schnitzel View Post
    I pop in once in a while.

    Usually I get scared away by all the emoting.
    :steam:





    That enough?

    Now get out!

Similar Threads

  1. 936, 693, INFJ or ISFJ? (please help)
    By Geonat in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-12-2014, 05:27 PM
  2. For Real This [one last] Time: INFJ or ISFJ?
    By Tabula in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-16-2013, 08:06 PM
  3. INFJ or ISFJ?
    By WildCard in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-25-2010, 09:36 PM
  4. INFJ or ISFJ
    By Metanoia in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-01-2008, 04:09 PM
  5. guess, if my sis is an INFJ or ISFJ?
    By Cality in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-30-2008, 08:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO