User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 72

Thread: INFJ or ISFJ?

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    Zzzz
    Posts
    2,629

    Default

    Actually, nvm that question for now. I'll think of how to explain it better if necessary. But what about what else that I'd written? Does that make sense for you with regards to Si taking the past and using it for the future? etc

  2. #32
    Boring old fossil Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    Your interest range spans a variety of potentially unrelated themes -- European political history; western theism; French thinkers, etc. -- and seems comprehensive to the extent that you are careful with what you are willing to share, without offering wanton speculation.

    To this end, one could conclude INFJ, as many of these topics likely transcend the practical utility of your personal life, and instead reflect on a particular system of curiosities you hope to theoretically excavate.

    You seem quick to engage rivalries with members who offer rude/disparaging perspectives to your ideas. This is a very normal response. The primary difference is the intensity by which you sustain these feuds. A very obvious NJ characteristic -- especially when performed over the internet.

    I see very little evidence to support the ISFJ position. Perhaps my experience is poor.

    I am confident that you remain an impassioned INFJ, Peguy.

  3. #33
    Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    Sorry if I got it wrong -- I only meant INFJs might announce what they did if they weren't being appreciated, in order to show the other person the error of their ways. But I could be incorrect.

    ISFJs may have vengeful thoughts or exact revenge to stand up for someone, but rarely have the elaborate revenge fantasies for years like INFJs I've known.

    Again, I'm not either, so I could be wrong.
    you should start a thread entitled elaborate infj revenge fantasies. i'm sure you'd get some bites. i think, drifting along in the morning shower before work, i've probably imagined murdering a few people (their souls!) in the most heinous and evil genius ways possible. it's kinda fun

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    I don't know you that well but you definitely seem iNtuitive to me, either INfJ or INtJ. People just say you're an SJ because you have strong unwavering conservative views on things that they'd rather you to change your stance on, and of course you won't change your stance, but you're always game for a discussion about it (like any good iNtuitive). The thing is, SJs arent the only type with conservative views that they stick to. Most INTJs are conservative as well. The idealistic side of you is what makes you seem like a feeler but I get a strong thinker vibe from you too. Maybe you're a balanced T/F. Anyways, the biggest thing to me that makes you seem intuitive is that it's clear to me that you adore ideas and discussing ideas.
    Yes, it's not the conservative attitude, but the sense of how things should be, or should be done. as in how it's been done in the past.. Or that is what I think I've picked up. I have a hard time understanding that. (Brought to you by driving-xSTJ-relatives-nuts-since-1988)

    I'd say communication style would be a hint. ISFJ's are behind-the-scenes and INFJ's chart-the-cource. I've noticed the communication difference between me and my ISFJ granny.

  5. #35
    Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zarc View Post
    Historical topics wouldn't be of typical interest to Ni Doms-- I only add typical because everything I've read regarding INJs is that it'd be of no interest to them. Ni is as far as away from the past as possible as can be-- (unless it's inventing an alternative universe of the past, which then would no longer make it the past, but....) They may be of interest but Ni Doms would find it hard to accumulate detailed information or facts regarding the past. Also, it doesn't mean that historical topics would only be of interest to Si Doms. But the past, and for ISFJs in particular, the past that is relational to themselves and what they consider relevant about the past is more important.
    umm, i disagree in part, but not really. Ni doms love history, the past, etc. it helps them refine their sense of the possible, of what the world is made up of, what kind of patterns underlie the potentialities inherent in everything sacred to them.

    but yeah, reading a history book sucks. they may have them on the shelf, but they rarely take them down to read, flip thru, index, etc. we like to get straight to the motherfucking point.

    Quote Originally Posted by zarc View Post
    Did you know that for Si Doms, including Si Auxs (ESJs), Si takes what was and uses it for what can be? They use what they know about the past, about their collective experiences, and apply them towards the future (whether their own or others or a goal). They're just as future oriented but they see the value of the/ir past and use it as a guide. Si is used differently by the types too.
    this is so right on. i think both introverted perceiving functions are about preparing for the future. improving one's own internal organization to be able to cope, respond, and perceive more penetratingly, more quickly, more easily efficiently in the heat of the heat of the moment. on the cusp of changes, etc.

    i think the best example of the divergence of Si in my own personal experience with others is istj and infp. infp uses it to deeply sentimentalize and feed Ne with emotionally sparked ideas, whereas istj uses it to collect concrete factual experience that can be used to employ conservative and direct strategies via Te with an added twinge of good and bad feeling thrown into the concrete object(ive experience)s themselves.

  6. #36
    Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    1,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    INFJs feel like a mystery. ISFJs do not. INFJs are very vengeful, ISFJs tend not to be. INFJs tend to announce what they do for others if it's not appreciated, ISFJs quietly do for others and keep their mouths shut about it. Any help?
    I'm no INFJ. Nor JFK either. However, basing this only off experiencing one true to core INFJ in real life (my brother), you're a bit off with this. INFJ are the least vengeful. They come off that way over and over again because of our behavior around them, in contrast with their personality, is repetitious (over and over again). Like we didn't learn anything from the last experience. Making them feel like a mystery. They announce what they do for others by the way we finally realize our stupidity around them. It's us who announce what they've done for us to ourselves. When we finally accept our redundancy. Until then, somewhere deep in our subconscious, those voices will keep saying 'INFJs are vengeful because they announce what they do for others'
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

  7. #37
    Member invaderzim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Easiest way to tell::
    Do you notice things around you?
    Example:
    If some one said "Did you see her dress?" and you were like ?
    That would mean you're Ni dom.
    Or if some one was relying on you to give a physical description of a person or enviroment at a crime scene and you were like ?
    That would mean you're Ni dom

    And were you oblivious to your environment as a little kid? Did your mom constantly tell you to come back and clean stuff up? Did you leave a trail of crap around the house and really believe that you were a neat person?
    If you answered yes. That would mean you're Ni dom.

  8. #38
    4x9 cascadeco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    4 so/sp
    Posts
    6,932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by invaderzim View Post

    And were you oblivious you your enviroment as a little kid? Did your mom constantly tell you to come back and clean stuff up? Or did you leave a trail of crap around the house and really believe that you were a neat person?
    If you answered yes. That would mean you're Ni dom.
    Eh....guess I'm an ISFJ then.

    (I don't think behavioral generalizations such as this are terribly helpful in determining ones type)
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

    My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

  9. #39

    Default

    (Apologies Peguy.) As to the opposing opinions on INFJ behaviors: perhaps this is an Enneagram variation being noted within the INFJ type? It's possible that I'm not being self-critical or objective enough to see the truth of maliafee's generalities despite striving toward this routinely, but the self-doubt isn't powerful enough to sway my initial disbelief.

    Or more simply, could this just be a maturity issue? I know I had vengeful fantasies as a little girl --strangely intense for such a young age. But the older I've gotten, the more distant and rare this fantastic indulgence has become. Some people develop healthier ways of dealing with feelings of anger and ingratitude than others.

    On Topic:

    Peg, I agree that your history interest alone isn't enough to "peg" you as ISFJ. It's where the focus lies within the topic that is key, yes? I know my boyfriend's brother is an ISTJ and he looooooooves military history. He can spit out fact after fact. It's quite impressive. But as far as overarching themes, or patterns, or... social movements go he has no interest and little knowledge. (Philosophical discussions, social trends? --not within his viewfinder.) It is love of history, but with a radically different approach.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

  10. #40
    Member invaderzim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    65

    Default

    hmm...i don't know. You're probably right though. I'm just judging based off my own experiences. Either I'm OCD about neatness or its just contained chaos. The chaos starts up when I spend a long period of time analyzing a certain aspect of my life or experiences.
    its impossible to tell. if you think you're a certain type, then just go with it.
    But I think you're INFJ because you're thinking about it so much.

Similar Threads

  1. 936, 693, INFJ or ISFJ? (please help)
    By Geonat in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-12-2014, 05:27 PM
  2. For Real This [one last] Time: INFJ or ISFJ?
    By Tabula in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-16-2013, 08:06 PM
  3. INFJ or ISFJ?
    By WildCard in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-25-2010, 09:36 PM
  4. INFJ or ISFJ
    By Metanoia in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-01-2008, 04:09 PM
  5. guess, if my sis is an INFJ or ISFJ?
    By Cality in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-30-2008, 08:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO