User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: INFJ or ISFJ?

Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    INFJs feel like a mystery. ISFJs do not. INFJs are very vengeful, ISFJs tend not to be. INFJs tend to announce what they do for others if it's not appreciated, ISFJs quietly do for others and keep their mouths shut about it. Any help?
    Not only does this seem inaccurate, it seems negatively biased. Bad experiences?

Note: As to OP --I'm not sure Peg. Maybe?
    Last edited by iwakar; 04-05-2009 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Note
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Not only does this seem inaccurate, it seems negatively biased. Bad experiences?

Note: As to OP --I'm not sure Peg. Maybe?
    Nope. Negativity unintentional. I love INFJs and ISFJs, quite honestly, especially. I go on my observations...

deleted

My shadow is better.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I wonder about my husband that I typed as INFJ sometimes. I don't think he feels very understood or similar to other people. He does get along with my ISFJ step mom well.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    Anyways, the biggest thing to me that makes you seem intuitive is that it's clear to me that you adore ideas and discussing ideas.
    Yes that's one major reason why I'm puzzled as to why somebody would say I'm a Sensor. Ideas form the major basis for my own thought processes.

However, you brought up a great point about how many people would think so because of my staunch conservative views, which are stereotypically seen as SJ in nature. Yet again, as you mentioned, many Intuitives are conservative too. As even as far as my conservativism is concerned, my understanding of the concept is very much apart from the stereotypical image attributed to it.

INTJMom said I gave off a SJ vibe because of my strong interest in historical topics, but I highly doubt history is merely a SJ topic of interest :confused: - especially since I'm very interested in the deeper meanings of history and what that means for mankind's future. So ironically, for me history is the key to the future.

There's also the common issue where I seem to give off various different impressions to people. This has lead to people making various different assestments of my character, and I'm very amused at how often they'll contradict with each other. I've joked that I'm pretty much whoever you want me to be.

People constantly tell me upon getting to know me better that I'm far different than what their first impressions conveyed. That happened with Amargith yesterday actually.

I'll VI you, if you like. Photos?

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Yes that's one major reason why I'm puzzled as to why somebody would say I'm a Sensor. Ideas form the major basis for my own thought processes.

However, you brought up a great point about how many people would think so because of my staunch conservative views, which are stereotypically seen as SJ in nature. Yet again, as you mentioned, many Intuitives are conservative too. As even as far as my conservativism is concerned, my understanding of the concept is very much apart from the stereotypical image attributed to it.

INTJMom said I gave off a SJ vibe because of my strong interest in historical topics, but I highly doubt history is merely a SJ topic of interest :confused: - especially since I'm very interested in the deeper meanings of history and what that means for mankind's future. So ironically, for me history is the key to the future.

There's also the common issue where I seem to give off various different impressions to people. This has lead to people making various different assestments of my character, and I'm very amused at how often they'll contradict with each other. I've joked that I'm pretty much whoever you want me to be.

People constantly tell me upon getting to know me better that I'm far different than what their first impressions conveyed. That happened with Amargith yesterday actually.

MBTI
    Zzzz

ISFJ.

Ideas don't form the major basis for any other types thoughts?

The answer is yes, they do. Even Sensors.

Historical topics wouldn't be of typical interest to Ni Doms-- I only add typical because everything I've read regarding INJs is that it'd be of no interest to them. Ni is as far as away from the past as possible as can be-- (unless it's inventing an alternative universe of the past, which then would no longer make it the past, but....) They may be of interest but Ni Doms would find it hard to accumulate detailed information or facts regarding the past. Also, it doesn't mean that historical topics would only be of interest to Si Doms. But the past, and for ISFJs in particular, the past that is relational to themselves and what they consider relevant about the past is more important.

Regarding the bolded (there's nothing ironic about it for you ). Did you know that for Si Doms, including Si Auxs (ESJs), Si takes what was and uses it for what can be? They use what they know about the past, about their collective experiences, and apply them towards the future (whether their own or others or a goal). They're just as future oriented but they see the value of the/ir past and use it as a guide. Si is used differently by the types too.

Do you have an excellent memory, especially with regards to personal interests/topics/people? If someone asked you on the spot about anything you've learned would it be easy for you to give specific information without much deliberation?

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    INFJs feel like a mystery. ISFJs do not. INFJs are very vengeful, ISFJs tend not to be. INFJs tend to announce what they do for others if it's not appreciated, ISFJs quietly do for others and keep their mouths shut about it. Any help?
    These seem very inaccurate!

Glycerine

Last night on Vent, I was having a discussion with INTJMom and she remarked that in many ways I seemed more ISFJ than INFJ in nature.

I was really caught off guard by that, since that's literally the first time anybody has ever classifed me as an SJ.

So I'm just asking for any second opinions, especially from members here who have gotten to know me better.
    I am pretty sure that i'm INFJ and I find history to be fascinating and I have a good memory for things I'm interested in. I have never thought much of your passion for history and just figured it was another INFJ who liked history. You might still be an INFJ.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by zarc View Post
    Do you have an excellent memory, especially with regards to personal interests/topics/people? If someone asked you on the spot about anything you've learned would it be easy for you to give specific information without much deliberation?
    That depends heavily on what we're talking about. My tendency is to concentrate more on the big picture and general themes as opposed to specifics and details.