User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 72

Thread: INFJ or ISFJ?

  1. #11
    Senior Member matmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    NICE
    Posts
    1,721

    Default

    I'm drifting towards ISFJ...

    As you say, I somewhat understand ISFJ, but it's largely enigmatic.

    So the theory goes, ISFJ/INTJ relations are one of mutual enigma.

    Not that this solidly proves anything.

  2. #12
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default


  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    In many ways yes, except for the first point about INFJs being a mystery while ISFJs are not.
    Well you know, everyone's a mystery. But INFJs are certain no one could ever really understand them (because they feel unsure of who they are MAYBE more than any other type). ISFJs jump at the chance to feel understood and often do in the company of even slightly similarly-minded people.

  4. #14
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    Well you know, everyone's a mystery. But INFJs are certain no one could ever really understand them (because they feel unsure of who they are MAYBE more than any other type). ISFJs jump at the chance to feel understood and often do in the company of even slightly similarly-minded people.
    That doesn't really help, since I notice INFJs jump at the chance of being understood as well. At least that's how it is with my personal interactions with them.

  5. #15
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    I don't know you that well but you definitely seem iNtuitive to me, either INfJ or INtJ. People just say you're an SJ because you have strong unwavering conservative views on things that they'd rather you to change your stance on, and of course you won't change your stance, but you're always game for a discussion about it (like any good iNtuitive). The thing is, SJs arent the only type with conservative views that they stick to. Most INTJs are conservative as well. The idealistic side of you is what makes you seem like a feeler but I get a strong thinker vibe from you too. Maybe you're a balanced T/F. Anyways, the biggest thing to me that makes you seem intuitive is that it's clear to me that you adore ideas and discussing ideas.

  6. #16
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,664

    Default

    I know that you probably don't value my opinion much but I will offer you my opinon anyway.


    Since you are someone who was many times on the opposite side of me it occured to me "What if Peguy is actually SJ?" Which is because your approach is SJish when you argue things you are passion about.
    Which is mostly because your positions are unusually conservative for me.

    But there is a realistic chance that you would not even try to debate me (or someone else) in the case you are really SJ.
    Not to mention that some of your posts are too bizzare/rude to come from typical SJ.

    Also there is a fact that you know yourself best. If you think you are N and people in real think so then you probably are N.
    Internet usually distorts personality to a large degree so just because someone found some of your claims to be sensorish that doesn't mean that you are actually S. Especially since no one is 100% anything.


    Is it impossibe that you are actually S ?
    No, it is not impossible. (at least from my perspective)

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    That doesn't really help, since I notice INFJs jump at the chance of being understood as well. At least that's how it is with my personal interactions with them.
    Yes they do, but they revel in their mystery.

    Okay, also: if you have obligations that aren't that serious do you fulfill them anyway, even if you really don't want to at all, and do you fulfill them consistently? ISFJ would say yes, INFJ would say they often try to get out of it.

  8. #18
    Revelation Lauren Ashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    INFJs are very vengeful, ISFJs tend not to be. INFJs tend to announce what they do for others if it's not appreciated, ISFJs quietly do for others and keep their mouths shut about it.
    I've known vengeful ISFJs. ISFJs are a diverse group.
    And I don't tend to announce what I do for others since I'm not fond of lots of attention. Many times I have done something for others and never mentioned a peep about it. Because mentioning it would make it seem like a big deal or like I wasn't happy to do something for another person, and that is not true. I can't speak for all INFJs, but announcement of good deeds isn't something I've noticed with them either.


    To the OP: I have no idea what your type is, but I think you're a nice guy

  9. #19
    Senior Member matmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    NICE
    Posts
    1,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    I don't know you that well but you definitely seem iNtuitive to me, either INfJ or INtJ. People just say you're an SJ because you have strong unwavering conservative views on things that they'd rather you to change your stance on, and of course you won't change your stance, but you're always game for a discussion about it (like any good iNtuitive). The thing is, SJs arent the only type with conservative views that they stick to. Most INTJs are conservative as well. The idealistic side of you is what makes you seem like a feeler but I get a strong thinker vibe from you too. Maybe you're a balanced T/F. Anyways, the biggest thing to me that makes you seem intuitive is that it's clear to me that you adore ideas and discussing ideas.
    Hehe!

    What if Peguy is an INTJ?

    All together now...
    YouTube - Gloria Gaynor - I am What I am

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I've known vengeful ISFJs. ISFJs are a diverse group.
    And I don't tend to announce what I do for others since I'm not fond of lots of attention. Many times I have done something for others and never mentioned a peep about it. Because mentioning it would make it seem like a big deal or like I wasn't happy to do something for another person, and that is not true. I can't speak for all INFJs, but announcement of good deeds isn't something I've noticed with them either.


    To the OP: I have no idea what your type is, but I think you're a nice guy

    Sorry if I got it wrong -- I only meant INFJs might announce what they did if they weren't being appreciated, in order to show the other person the error of their ways. But I could be incorrect.

    ISFJs may have vengeful thoughts or exact revenge to stand up for someone, but rarely have the elaborate revenge fantasies for years like INFJs I've known.

    Again, I'm not either, so I could be wrong.

Similar Threads

  1. 936, 693, INFJ or ISFJ? (please help)
    By Geonat in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-12-2014, 05:27 PM
  2. For Real This [one last] Time: INFJ or ISFJ?
    By Tabula in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-16-2013, 08:06 PM
  3. INFJ or ISFJ?
    By WildCard in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-25-2010, 09:36 PM
  4. INFJ or ISFJ
    By Metanoia in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-01-2008, 04:09 PM
  5. guess, if my sis is an INFJ or ISFJ?
    By Cality in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-30-2008, 08:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO