User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Analyze this.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Default Analyze this.

I've taken many online tests and haven't been able to get consistent results. I'm definitely an xxTP but aside from that, I don't know. I've tested as a high N and a high S before and usually about 50/50 on the I/E scale.

Some facts about myself:

- Sarcasm and humour come naturally to me. I often don't even realize that I'm giving sarcastic responses. For example: upon registration to this forum, I had to prove I wasn't a spambot and answer a question ("What colour is the sky?"). My first instinct was to reply with "Depends what time it is." even though it was painfully obvious that the answer should've been blue.

- I speak in a concrete, literal manner. When I'm explaining something, I like to give analogies and examples. When I'm debating, I present hypothetical scenarios. I find it very hard to communicate otherwise.

- I don't know if I'm an extravert or just a social introvert. I always test as an extrovert because I'm a fluent conversationalist and have no problem doing things that are superficially associated with extraverts - e.g. performing/public speaking, oversharing, and just generally being loud, rambly and animated. But at the same time, I also enjoy being alone and do need to step back every once in a while. And although I talk a lot, I'm usually just telling random anecdotes and having light conversations, not... y'know, giving people a window into my soul.

- Above all else, I want to learn, whether it be going on Wikipedia adventures or travelling. This confuses the testing sites a lot because I always end up putting that I'm interested in everything. I'm a biology major but I'm not looking to make a career out of it. I just think it's interesting. If I could, I'd just live in some island for decades and become an unofficial biology expert without publishing a single scientific paper. I can say the same for any other subject really. Love learning about 'em, hate taking 'em.

- I'm involved in activities that are considered "creative" but I don't know if I'm a creative person. Sometimes I think I've just absorbed so much over the years that I know what looks or sounds good to other people; none of it's really coming from me. Maybe I'm just good at putting things together.

- I hate making plans. I just hate commitment in general. I've been called flaky a lot and I still don't see why that's an insult. Because of this I also have trouble forming close personal relationships (romantic and platonic). I may alternate between wanting to spend time with someone and then just inexplicably wanting to do something else 10 minutes later.

- I tend to alternate between periods of intense laziness and robot-like efficiency. When I'm doing something that I love, I can spend hours glued to a single spot without even realizing it. Otherwise, I can't focus and end up doing a million other things. I don't mind though. Procrastination gives me a rush.

That was a little... involved. Oops. I did say I was rambly.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

ENTP

MBTI
    epic

chock full of pent

mystery solved

Agree with Edahn. You seem a pretty obvious Ne dom (Extroverted iNtuition as dominant function).

Trying reading this and see if it sounds about right,

Portrait of an ENTP

If it sounds just off look at ENFP also. I know you said you were definitely TP, but it can't hurt.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    INTj

Why did I check to see if this was in the Sexuality forum after reading the thread title?

Never mind. Don't answer that.

ENTP
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    TiSe

Take a temperament test like this one, determine your preference. Most likely you prefer either NT or SP as your two primary temperaments and the other second. That actually will determine if you are NTP or STP, however if you choose to lock it down then determine your interaction style. All four have a different style. ESTPs-In Charge, ENTPs-Get Things Going, ISTPs-Chart the Course and INTPs-Behind the Scenes. Why would you trust us to tell you who you are? I disagree with all who have made a claim to your type because all TPs do what you state, depending on their developed auxiliary functions.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Ayup. Sounds very ENTP to me.

Also, the only reason I checked out this thread was because of your username.

Ramen.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

ENTP
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Lasting_Pain

Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonster View Post
    I've taken many online tests and haven't been able to get consistent results. I'm definitely an xxTP but aside from that, I don't know. I've tested as a high N and a high S before and usually about 50/50 on the I/E scale.

Some facts about myself:

- Sarcasm and humour come naturally to me. I often don't even realize that I'm giving sarcastic responses. For example: upon registration to this forum, I had to prove I wasn't a spambot and answer a question ("What colour is the sky?"). My first instinct was to reply with "Depends what time it is." even though it was painfully obvious that the answer should've been blue.

- I speak in a concrete, literal manner. When I'm explaining something, I like to give analogies and examples. When I'm debating, I present hypothetical scenarios. I find it very hard to communicate otherwise.

- I don't know if I'm an extravert or just a social introvert. I always test as an extrovert because I'm a fluent conversationalist and have no problem doing things that are superficially associated with extraverts - e.g. performing/public speaking, oversharing, and just generally being loud, rambly and animated. But at the same time, I also enjoy being alone and do need to step back every once in a while. And although I talk a lot, I'm usually just telling random anecdotes and having light conversations, not... y'know, giving people a window into my soul.

- Above all else, I want to learn, whether it be going on Wikipedia adventures or travelling. This confuses the testing sites a lot because I always end up putting that I'm interested in everything. I'm a biology major but I'm not looking to make a career out of it. I just think it's interesting. If I could, I'd just live in some island for decades and become an unofficial biology expert without publishing a single scientific paper. I can say the same for any other subject really. Love learning about 'em, hate taking 'em.

- I'm involved in activities that are considered "creative" but I don't know if I'm a creative person. Sometimes I think I've just absorbed so much over the years that I know what looks or sounds good to other people; none of it's really coming from me. Maybe I'm just good at putting things together.

- I hate making plans. I just hate commitment in general. I've been called flaky a lot and I still don't see why that's an insult. Because of this I also have trouble forming close personal relationships (romantic and platonic). I may alternate between wanting to spend time with someone and then just inexplicably wanting to do something else 10 minutes later.

- I tend to alternate between periods of intense laziness and robot-like efficiency. When I'm doing something that I love, I can spend hours glued to a single spot without even realizing it. Otherwise, I can't focus and end up doing a million other things. I don't mind though. Procrastination gives me a rush.

That was a little... involved. Oops. I did say I was rambly.

Yeah, you are an ENTP.

P.s Welcome to the forums.

MBTI
    ENTP

ENTP.

All the cool kids are saying it.
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.