I've taken many online tests and haven't been able to get consistent results. I'm definitely an xxTP but aside from that, I don't know. I've tested as a high N and a high S before and usually about 50/50 on the I/E scale.
Some facts about myself:
- Sarcasm and humour come naturally to me. I often don't even realize that I'm giving sarcastic responses. For example: upon registration to this forum, I had to prove I wasn't a spambot and answer a question ("What colour is the sky?"). My first instinct was to reply with "Depends what time it is." even though it was painfully obvious that the answer should've been blue.
- I speak in a concrete, literal manner. When I'm explaining something, I like to give analogies and examples. When I'm debating, I present hypothetical scenarios. I find it very hard to communicate otherwise.
- I don't know if I'm an extravert or just a social introvert. I always test as an extrovert because I'm a fluent conversationalist and have no problem doing things that are superficially associated with extraverts - e.g. performing/public speaking, oversharing, and just generally being loud, rambly and animated. But at the same time, I also enjoy being alone and do need to step back every once in a while. And although I talk a lot, I'm usually just telling random anecdotes and having light conversations, not... y'know, giving people a window into my soul.
- Above all else, I want to learn, whether it be going on Wikipedia adventures or travelling. This confuses the testing sites a lot because I always end up putting that I'm interested in everything. I'm a biology major but I'm not looking to make a career out of it. I just think it's interesting. If I could, I'd just live in some island for decades and become an unofficial biology expert without publishing a single scientific paper. I can say the same for any other subject really. Love learning about 'em, hate taking 'em.
- I'm involved in activities that are considered "creative" but I don't know if I'm a creative person. Sometimes I think I've just absorbed so much over the years that I know what looks or sounds good to other people; none of it's really coming from me. Maybe I'm just good at putting things together.
- I hate making plans. I just hate commitment in general. I've been called flaky a lot and I still don't see why that's an insult. Because of this I also have trouble forming close personal relationships (romantic and platonic). I may alternate between wanting to spend time with someone and then just inexplicably wanting to do something else 10 minutes later.
- I tend to alternate between periods of intense laziness and robot-like efficiency. When I'm doing something that I love, I can spend hours glued to a single spot without even realizing it. Otherwise, I can't focus and end up doing a million other things. I don't mind though. Procrastination gives me a rush.
That was a little... involved. Oops. I did say I was rambly.