• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Unable to figure out my type.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe some people can help me.

I did the following test.
Personality test based on Jung - Myers-Briggs typology

The results I found is that I am either an ENTP or an INTP. But there's too many inconsitencies with the explanations on the internet about either type for me to 'bond' myself to a specific type.

If I had to say, I feel like I'm some kind of hybrid of many different personality types.

A few things about myself.

- I'm good at math and understanding principles, connections, puzzles, relations (in general). My IQ score was 138 last time I did it, I was 18 at the time, 25 now. Yet I can't figure out my personality type. :p

- I'm never judging, tend to be sensitive and give people a chance in any situation to be aquinted with me. If there is conflict, I don't avoid it but rather find a solution through teaching. I do have the tendency to try and influence and change people. Unless I find them severely inadequate or retarded to even bother.

- I can spend long sessions alone, thinking about concepts, ideas and relations. And come up with very intruiging theories that even shock me from time to time. I often seek solice in order to fit this hobby of mine into my life. But I don't allow my relationships with other people suffer because of it. Unless I feel the persons in question are not worthy of keeping the relationship in tact. If I do find it important to uphold the relationships in question when in this situation, I choose my commitment to friend/loved one above my interest in solice, without feeling bad about it. And can totally commit to that other person 100% without having any distractions on my mind.

- When I am in a new situation or environment. I am instinctively introvert. I like to size everything up. Read the world around me, before I step forward doing the things I plan to do. However if the situation requires me to step up without thinking, I will without hesitation. (I'm not suicidal though :p ). So only if I believe I have the time and room to be introvert, then I am. But if I believe that there is no time to be like that. I'm extravert.

- Despite my obvious NT rational aspects, I also have great interest in art. Specifically creative writing. I've written quite a lot of poetry and short stories. That are entirely based on emotions and feelings. Completely casting my rational aspects to the side. This I usually only do in solitude. But rarely, in extreme emotional circumstances I may express myself like this amongst others as well. But only if I feel comfortable and trust the people I am with. At most times I can appear ice cold and unemotional, even though it's not the case. Mostly because I want to be strong for others. Or keep an objective view on things. Depending on what occurance happened. In a way, these bursts of emotion that I only had twice amongst others in my entire life. Once when my dog died in an accident when i was 14, what I was indirectly responsible for. And once when a close friend of mine became suicidal, and only opening up to me. And despite me trying to help her, eventually did choose to take her own life. Other then those two moments, I've never had emotional bursts in real life, however.

So, what type fits me best? Or do I need to say more? *shrug*

edit: Oh, one more thing, I kinda see the world as one big playground. That's a pretty big thing for me. I know that that's essentially a terrible thing. But I do have values and morals to keep me in place. :p

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sounds like INTP.

If you're pondering between ENTP and INTP, E/I is the least important dichotomy. They use all the same processes, only for ENTP, Ne is first, Ti second, and for INTP, Ti is first, Ne second. A question could be, do you use the outward directed perception to feed the inward logic, or is the inward logic just the vehicle used by a dominant outward perception? That's the main difference between those two types. One of the paragraphs sounds like you start with the logic first before engaging the outside world ("sizing everything up", etc).

Otherwise, we all use all the functions, so those other things you describe are certainly possible. type is determined by whichj we prefer, and you sound like classic INTP. They're even described as having bursts of emotion at times, and since you can mention them like that, seeming like rare occasions, then you all the more sound liek this type.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mmh, yeah I think INTP seems closest and what I am in most general and spontanious situations.

Still it seems my INTP brain sometimes believes taking another personality form (Such as ENTP, or ENFP) as the best course of action in some situations that may arise. Does that make any sense? Not even sure if that's possible. :p

I'll have to study this a bit more I think. xD

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
How can can you call wolves fluffy? It's the type of contradictory images Ni likes to imagine...

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My screenname/Internet alias in general is not made up by me.

I once roleplayed a bit in a few stories as a wolf on a forum, for leisure. I quite enjoyed positioning myself in wolf socks and advance a story based on instinct, not thought (lots of fun!). The community there just started to call me Fluffy, and the name stuck ever since.

That might explain my screen name. :p

These are some other test results.

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************** (20.2)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************** (20)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************** (38.4)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************* (37.9)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *********************** (23.7)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************************** (44.4)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************* (13.2)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ****************************************** (42.2)
excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTP

Cominant: Ti 44.4
Auxilliary: Ne 38.4

I guess I ain't the typical standard INTP at least. *shrugs*