• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Being energized by people - introverted/extroverted?

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I have noticed especially earlier in my life, I was always energized when I was around people, much more so than when I was alone. (Not so much the case now, but it was definitely true in my recent past.) Even though I wouldn't say it, I secretly loved to show off around people, and be appreciated by them. Was I an extrovert? Now I feel energized and motivated when I'm alone. I'm seemingly more introverted now.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
questions like this are difficult for me because i feel like i'm energized by creativity or new ideas. which can happen with people during a great discussion or new people that i'm interested in or it can happen alone when i get inspired or have some great idea that i'm excited about.

i think the difference is when i'm with people i do get energy and can hang out all night w/o needing a break and an introvert can hang out have a good time and like you said maybe even enjoy attention or showing off a bit...but eventually you'll need to take a break because it wears you out....was it like that?

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
i think the difference is when i'm with people i do get energy and can hang out all night w/o needing a break and an introvert can hang out have a good time and like you said maybe even enjoy attention or showing off a bit...but eventually you'll need to take a break because it wears you out....was it like that?

Well I don't recall ever needing a large break to recover, although it was nice to be alone after prolonged interaction. The thing is I felt more energized only with being around people instead of being alone.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
I can enjoy being around people, and get a "high" when I do it. But continue for too long, and I end up crashing.

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I like being around people I care about; that doesn't drain me much at all. But force me to meet with a lot of people in one day or to meet even a few complete strangers, and it's pretty hard for me to keep going. I need a break.