• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I an ENTP or an INTJ?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You ENTPs are so confusing. Being insulted = flirting? :doh: Even though I know it's playful it still just doesn't add up for me (why you like it).

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
You ENTPs are so confusing. Being insulted = flirting? :doh: Even though I know it's playful it still just doesn't add up for me (why you like it).

Very little is more satisfying than slowly winning someone over. Being appreciated immediately, while also satisfying, can also be boring.

I'm sure there are other reasons, but that's my first response.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
Errm. No. 'Just like you, but introverted' is NeTi, ie. INTP.

1) i guess you did a typo there and meant TiNe 2) i know what i say, i actually mean what i say, and i say, that introverted people who are actually like entp (trusting what BlahBlahNounBlah says) are TiNe. get it? you can call them intp, or banana, Blahblah can call them friends or whatever, i dont care

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ He was being ironic.

I know. I was taking it too seriously to make you guys think I believe it. Joke's on you. ;)

Also Noun that's pretty interesting, even though it's an opposing opinion to mine.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1) i guess you did a typo there and meant TiNe 2) i know what i say, i actually mean what i say, and i say, that introverted people who are actually like entp (trusting what BlahBlahNounBlah says) are TiNe. get it? you can call them intp, or banana, Blahblah can call them friends or whatever, i dont care

Shit yes! And now you've quoted me so I can't go back and surreptitiously cover up my error. Damn you to hellfires! How will I ever bear the shame?

I read it as NiTe (i.e. INTJ).

I actually agree with you. Well, not about his friends. I wouldn't be that presumptious.

I leave that to the INTJs.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know. I was taking it too seriously to make you guys think I believe it. Joke's on you. ;)
I know that you knew that I knew that he knew what I know.

So :tongue10:

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Shit yes! And now you've quoted me so I can't go back and surreptitiously cover up my error. Damn you to hellfires! How will I ever bear the shame?

I read it as NiTe (i.e. INTJ).

I actually agree with you. Well, not about his friends. I wouldn't be that presumptious.

I leave that to the INTJs.

Her friends! I have boobs!

Maybe I should change my userpic to a kitten nuzzling a daisy or something.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
ENTP.

Look at this thread. What a mess!

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Haha. Exactly.

You give off a distinctive ENTP vibe. You're often quite adept at connection.

Plus, your avatar is an awesome xNTP.

velocity

MBTI Type
epic
ENTPs say a lot of the stupid shit I think but won't say because....it's stupid shit. Does that make me an ENTP?

no, that makes you an intp. :D keep our ne-dom in line!

okay, so the intj thing. it has to do with the intuition lead function which gives birth to penetrating insights and incisive social commentary in a cataclysm of phoenix fire! (read: we are insane.) except entp's are a little more forgiving :D. conversations with intj's are fascinating, but it leaves me wishing they could be a little more open. i think both sides refresh and frustrate each other sometimes - we can both think the other side is lacking the crucial finishing ingredient to an otherwise perfect cognitive cocktail. we can definitely strategize and takes steps towards a goal that gives ourselves and others the impression of j-ness, but our p-ness are ever n'er-do-well troublemakers, arr! :duel: err somebody else take it from here

I don't flirt.
In this thread, I are serious cat.
this coming from miss corrupting influence? i'm down for intellectual play anytime, babe. ;) i'll bring the wine, you'll bring the fine. :D

ENTP.

:blush::heart:!!

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENTP.

Perhaps you can explain it to me as you seem to be equally confused?

How does Ni/Te become Ne/Ti?

Try not to be too convoluted, I'm at work and I can't multitask.

blahwhatever said:
I have boobs!
Condolences.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
This should be quite simple to determine since contrary to the rhetoric that all intuitive types are similar, that's completely a fallacy. Also again when you determine your type from a forced choice of dichotomy (E/I) then you become confused. You should know whether you prefer Ne-Ti or Ni-Te. So which is it:
Extraverted iNtuition - Inferring relationships, noticing threads of meaning, and scanning for what could be. Extraverted iNtuiting involves seeing things "as if" with various possible ways of representing reality. Using this process, we can hold many different ideas, thoughts, beliefs, and meanings in our minds at once with the possibility that they are all true. This is like weaving themes and "threads" together. We don't know the weave until a thought thread appears or is drawn out in the interaction with a previous one. Thus there is often an emergent quality to using this process. A strategy or concept emerges based on the here-and-now interactions, not appearing as a whole beforehand. Extraverted iNtuiting involves realizing that there is always another view. An example is when you listen to one friend tell about an argument and understand perfectly and then listen to another friend tell a contradictory story and understand that view also. Then you wonder what the real story is because there are always so many different possible meanings.

Introverted iNtuition - Foreseeing implications, conceptualizing, and having images of the future or profound meaning. Introverted iNtuiting often involves a sense of what will be. The details might be a little fuzzy, but when you tune in to this process, there is some sense of how things will be. Using this process, we often are able to get pictures about the future or at least a sense of what will happen before we have any data. Sometimes it is an awareness of what is happening in another location and we have no sensory data to go on. Other times introverted iNtuiting operates when we conceptualize and get a sense of a whole plan, pattern, theory, or explanation. These are the kinds of images that come to us in the shower, in meditative states, or in dreams and help us deeply understand something. Sometimes they are profoundly symbolic and even universally so. In using this process, we tune into a likely future or something universal. This infonnation can then be used to decide what to do next, what to plan for. Introverted iNtuiting involves synthesizing the seemingly paradoxical or contradictory, which takes a problem or situation to a new level. Using this process, we can have moments when a completely new, un-imagined realization comes to us. There is a disengagement from interactions in the room, followed by a sudden "aha!" or "that's it!" kind of experience. These kinds of experiences are often seen as if they are "psychic" in nature. The sense of the future and the realizations that come from introverted iNtuiting have a sureness to them and an imperative quality that seems to demand action.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Perhaps you can explain it to me as you seem to be equally confused?

How does Ni/Te become Ne/Ti?

Try not to be too convoluted, I'm at work and I can't multitask.

I have few logical connections to succinctly offer. I use Ni, remember?

Most of what happens upstairs is a perfume-scented whirlwind of greens and purples.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
This should be quite simple to determine since contrary to the rhetoric that all intuitive types are similar, that's completely a fallacy. Also again when you determine your type from a forced choice of dichotomy (E/I) then you become confused. You should know whether you prefer Ne-Ti or Ni-Te. So which is it:

Definitely, definitely, definitely Extraverted Intuition. Unless I have myself all wrong.