User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Default Am I an outlier?

I don't feel as if I fit into any of the types easily. I am super-duper E and definitely J, but after that, I don't know. I have gotten every ExxJ type there is in my testing, with ESFJ and ENFJ most common. Still, there are people who swear up and down that I am an N and/or a T. My personality traits seem contradictory if you go by how types are described. I'd like to hear some more perspectives.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

ENFJ

Specificity is somewhat irrelevant, really. I could just as easily peg you as ESFJ against topic range.

Interesting people rarely anchor within the parameters of a single type. I'm of the mindset that type is organic to one's external environment v. an inborn methodology. If taken under this framework, one could theoretically transition against how they interact with their outer world.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

you seem like an ENFJ to me.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    ENFJ

Specificity is somewhat irrelevant, really. I could just as easily peg you as ESFJ against topic range.

Interesting people rarely anchor within the parameters of a single type. I'm of the mindset that type is organic to one's external environment v. an inborn methodology. If taken under this framework, one could theoretically transition against how they interact with their outer world.

It's funny. I sound very much like Internet description of ESFJs, but almost nothing like what people on here describe them as being. I use logic and evidence in all of my debates and don't tend to make emotional appeals, but I feel as if I use my F internally much more.

Enneagram
    1w2

Honestly, merc you're like the person I most identify with on the forum.

So whatever type you are, I probably am.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Honestly, merc you're like the person I most identify with on the forum.

So whatever type you are, I probably am.
    I could foresee commonality between you two.

ENFJ

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    It's funny. I sound very much like Internet description of ESFJs, but almost nothing like what people on here describe them as being. I use logic and evidence in all of my debates and don't tend to make emotional appeals, but I feel as if I use my F internally much more.
    You're a male ExFJ and male Fs have to develop thinking as a social artifact. I can't identify with most ESFJ descriptions because I find them moronic and the ENFJ halos and bleeding hearts make me want to wretch.

There's such a poor representation of ExFJs and especially ESFJs on the forum that I think it's almost pointless to come here looking for answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    I often notice commonality between you two.

ENFJs
    Maybe so, maybe no.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    You're a male ExFJ and male Fs have to develop thinking as a social artifact. I can't identify with most ESFJ descriptions because I find them moronic and the ENFJ halos and bleeding hearts make me want to wretch.
    I find it endlessly amusing the NTPs are the ones always complaining about SFJs being simple-minded and dense, but they always have the most one-dimensional, stereotypical descriptions and attitudes. It's ironic and makes me smile, because it's so small-minded.

There's such a poor representation of ExFJs and especially ESFJs on the forum that I think it's almost pointless to come here looking for answers.
    It doesn't bother me too much. I don't fit easily into any one category IRL, either, but it makes communication difficult at times.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I sort of feel the way you do too. I go borderline on everything, but especially S/N and F/T. But I know that I am in fact an INFP.

You seem pretty confidant that you're an ESFJ usually, maybe you're just different. I feel that way, that I'm "different" from the others in some way. Have you checked into enneagram? This was the factor that defined my "difference."
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

ENFJ.