User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESFj

Default Am I an ESFP or an ENFP?

Whenever I take the quizzes for this stuff I always get extremely E and F types and sometimes the J and P are close but the S and N are always extremely close. I have read both of the profiles and they both sound just like me. What information would one need to know in order to determine which one I am?

MBTI
    ENTP

The N and S are hust the letters that judge on how you think and view the way of things. Those two letters are easy to find out, just think if you get frighten by loud noise or react very fast to sound.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESFj

Quote Originally Posted by Cool View Post
    The N and S are hust the letters that judge on how you think and view the way of things. Those two letters are easy to find out, just think if you get frighten by loud noise or react very fast to sound.
    I react very fast to sound. Is that really a good way to find out which one you are? If so, that's really, really cool!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

The way do decide between which of those two is to look at where they are different. S/N in this case represents a dominant extraverted perception function. ENFP uses extraverted iNtuition, and ESFP uses extraverted Sensing. You mention reacting very fast to sound, so that may be a clue in favor of Se. Though anyone might be able to react to sound. That you mentioned specifically that shows sensory perception might be high in your counsciousness. So just think of other sensory areas, and if you are always more in tune with those, than with conceptual information.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by cool
    just think if you get frighten by loud noise or react very fast to sound.
    do you actually mean OR? as in: quick reaction to sound = sensing | quickly falling from chair, when telephone rings = intuition

because then it would make some sense.

but depends on the volume, anyway

i think its more like
    awareness for various facts and details (like ear-rings)
    versus
    awareness for more abstract things (i.e. a poetic or satirical notion, situational humor) and ignorance about details

when i read a personal blog of an enfp there is constant idiosyncratic ranting, based on empirical everyday examples. there is a lot descriptive awareness for details (occurrences, stories), but only when they can be interpreted as being representational (symbolical) for a hidden oddity (scheme) in human behavior.

i have not yet read an esfp blog. i would imagine, that they talk more descriptive about who relates to whom in what way, or who did something nasty, in their personal life. or how hot that guy is, she met yesterday. plausible?

deleted

Which out of these two sound more like you?

Live in the now. Keen to your senses. You tend to get what's happening around you and what's about to come.

Seeing from more than one perspective. Looks for commonalities. Can be lost in your ideas when its time to move along.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    when i read a personal blog of an enfp there is constant idiosyncratic ranting, based on empirical everyday examples. there is a lot descriptive awareness for details (occurrences, stories), but only when they can be interpreted as being representational (symbolical) for a hidden oddity (scheme) in human behavior.

i have not yet read an esfp blog. i would imagine, that they talk more descriptive about who relates to whom in what way, or who did something nasty, in their personal life. or how hot that guy is, she met yesterday. plausible?
    I guess more or less. However i think it has more to do with The Se/Fi balance, an ESFP who is more oriented towards ideas and uses FI for things, may seem like an ENFP.

So a determining question. What kind of books do you read?, are you usually indulged in such an activity, or do you prefer physical things.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

hum, i think i am intuitive, but i never read books, until i found an author who is worth the trouble (ken wilber, jung)

i just read the internet ....

reading books is a very specific skill. i know enfp who prefer a good tv show to any book. in the thread about learning disorders, there was at least one enfp who also reported attention deficit towards a boring peace of paper.

but i have not yet found an enfp who does not think, that rhyming language would be a nice idea. they have a knack for language, as if a word was something beautiful. even if they don't read a lot.

i think creative writing (just like rambling) is more interesting than absorbing stuff, that others have written.
    maybe this is true for all dominant-intuition types, because it is certainly true for me as well.

i think enfp love to collect stuff. from stamps (no kidding), to pictures, to little anecdotes, famous citations, single book sites. they read a book, if it contains something, that they can "use" it, keep it in their collection of ideas. NiFe people are less captured by the experience, than FiNe people.