• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I an ESFP or an ENFP?

KarenParker

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Whenever I take the quizzes for this stuff I always get extremely E and F types and sometimes the J and P are close but the S and N are always extremely close. I have read both of the profiles and they both sound just like me. What information would one need to know in order to determine which one I am?

Cool

MBTI Type
ENTP
The N and S are hust the letters that judge on how you think and view the way of things. Those two letters are easy to find out, just think if you get frighten by loud noise or react very fast to sound.

KarenParker

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
The N and S are hust the letters that judge on how you think and view the way of things. Those two letters are easy to find out, just think if you get frighten by loud noise or react very fast to sound.

I react very fast to sound. Is that really a good way to find out which one you are? If so, that's really, really cool!

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The way do decide between which of those two is to look at where they are different. S/N in this case represents a dominant extraverted perception function. ENFP uses extraverted iNtuition, and ESFP uses extraverted Sensing. You mention reacting very fast to sound, so that may be a clue in favor of Se. Though anyone might be able to react to sound. That you mentioned specifically that shows sensory perception might be high in your counsciousness. So just think of other sensory areas, and if you are always more in tune with those, than with conceptual information.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
cool said:
just think if you get frighten by loud noise or react very fast to sound.

do you actually mean OR? as in: quick reaction to sound = sensing | quickly falling from chair, when telephone rings = intuition

because then it would make some sense.

but depends on the volume, anyway :D

nanook

a scream in a vortex
i think its more like
awareness for various facts and details (like ear-rings)
versus
awareness for more abstract things (i.e. a poetic or satirical notion, situational humor) and ignorance about details

nanook

a scream in a vortex
when i read a personal blog of an enfp there is constant idiosyncratic ranting, based on empirical everyday examples. there is a lot descriptive awareness for details (occurrences, stories), but only when they can be interpreted as being representational (symbolical) for a hidden oddity (scheme) in human behavior.

i have not yet read an esfp blog. i would imagine, that they talk more descriptive about who relates to whom in what way, or who did something nasty, in their personal life. or how hot that guy is, she met yesterday. plausible?

deleted
Which out of these two sound more like you?

Live in the now. Keen to your senses. You tend to get what's happening around you and what's about to come.

Seeing from more than one perspective. Looks for commonalities. Can be lost in your ideas when its time to move along.

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
when i read a personal blog of an enfp there is constant idiosyncratic ranting, based on empirical everyday examples. there is a lot descriptive awareness for details (occurrences, stories), but only when they can be interpreted as being representational (symbolical) for a hidden oddity (scheme) in human behavior.

i have not yet read an esfp blog. i would imagine, that they talk more descriptive about who relates to whom in what way, or who did something nasty, in their personal life. or how hot that guy is, she met yesterday. plausible?

I guess more or less. However i think it has more to do with The Se/Fi balance, an ESFP who is more oriented towards ideas and uses FI for things, may seem like an ENFP.

So a determining question. What kind of books do you read?, are you usually indulged in such an activity, or do you prefer physical things.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
hum, i think i am intuitive, but i never read books, until i found an author who is worth the trouble (ken wilber, jung)

i just read the internet ....

reading books is a very specific skill. i know enfp who prefer a good tv show to any book. in the thread about learning disorders, there was at least one enfp who also reported attention deficit towards a boring peace of paper.

but i have not yet found an enfp who does not think, that rhyming language would be a nice idea. they have a knack for language, as if a word was something beautiful. even if they don't read a lot.

i think creative writing (just like rambling) is more interesting than absorbing stuff, that others have written.
maybe this is true for all dominant-intuition types, because it is certainly true for me as well.

i think enfp love to collect stuff. from stamps (no kidding), to pictures, to little anecdotes, famous citations, single book sites. they read a book, if it contains something, that they can "use" it, keep it in their collection of ideas. NiFe people are less captured by the experience, than FiNe people.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
My esfp sister and I both love books. She is definitely more classically read than I am.

KarenParker

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
i think its more like
awareness for various facts and details (like ear-rings)
versus
awareness for more abstract things (i.e. a poetic or satirical notion, situational humor) and ignorance about details

That makes sense to me. My husband is an INTJ (total opposite!) and the other day we went to the gym and there was this fake plant and he goes, "Woah look they just got a new decoration." and I was like, "That's been there for about 6 months." hahah! So when that happened I was thinking about how I had heard somewhere that that plays into the types but I couldn't remember exactly how.

KarenParker

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram

I have a blog! Ok I am going to go through the posts and tell you what kinds of things I talk about and you tell me if you think it's more ESFP or ENFP. Ok my first post says that I want everyone to tell me which emotion they think I would rather feel if I had to choose. The second post is me explaining what my fashion style is if I had to describe it. The third post is an excerpt of a funny conversation I had with someone where I wasn't listening to them and agreed to something funny. The fourth post lists all of the misinformation I got about U.S. history in school and they are numbered.

KarenParker

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Which out of these two sound more like you?

Live in the now. Keen to your senses. You tend to get what's happening around you and what's about to come.

Seeing from more than one perspective. Looks for commonalities. Can be lost in your ideas when its time to move along.

I do live in the now but I am always fantasizing about the future. I daydream about it all day. I have no idea if I am keen to my senses because I'm not sure what that means. I definitely have really high intuition and am constantly analyze how other people feel and what their real motives are behind things. I am right most of the time. There is this one ISFJ that I am always wrong about though.

I think I can see from more than one perspective all right. I don't really know if I look for commonalities. I'm not sure about getting lost in my ideas when it is time to move along. I have a lot of trouble switching from one task to another. I usually like to get obsessed with one thing until a burn out and then I usually don't finish it.

KarenParker

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
I guess more or less. However i think it has more to do with The Se/Fi balance, an ESFP who is more oriented towards ideas and uses FI for things, may seem like an ENFP.

So a determining question. What kind of books do you read?, are you usually indulged in such an activity, or do you prefer physical things.

I like to read books that aren't a giant wall of text and aren't full of flowery prose. I just want the author to get the point and give me some real life solution to whatever I am looking for. I like to read the politically incorrect guide to... books or the for dummies books. Lots of fashion and beauty guides with pictures and clear, specific demonstrations.

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
I like to read books that aren't a giant wall of text and aren't full of flowery prose. I just want the author to get the point and give me some real life solution to whatever I am looking for. I like to read the politically incorrect guide to... books or the for dummies books. Lots of fashion and beauty guides with pictures and clear, specific demonstrations.

Hahahahaha, only an ESFP with temper would be so blunt.

Generalized ESFP definitly, i could be wrong though, but it is highly unlikely.

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
i can't tell ...

I like to read books that aren't a giant wall of text and aren't full of flowery prose. I just want the author to get the point and give me some real life solution to whatever I am looking for. I like to read the politically incorrect guide to... books or the for dummies books.Lots of fashion and beauty guides with pictures and clear, specific demonstrations...

Salient enough my german friend?.

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
I do live in the now but I am always fantasizing about the future. I daydream about it all day. I have no idea if I am keen to my senses because I'm not sure what that means. I definitely have really high intuition and am constantly analyze how other people feel and what their real motives are behind things. I am right most of the time. There is this one ISFJ that I am always wrong about though.

It's silly that people think S types don't fantasize or think about the future. I'll stop myself before I rant up your threadz about it.

People often mistake what "intuition" is, since we'll all get them--- by way of our perceptions. What needs to be discerned is whether or not, by MBTI standards, that they're Intuitive or Sensory perceptions.

I think I can see from more than one perspective all right. I don't really know if I look for commonalities. I'm not sure about getting lost in my ideas when it is time to move along. I have a lot of trouble switching from one task to another. I usually like to get obsessed with one thing until a burn out and then I usually don't finish it.

I think Se Doms have more focus than Ne Doms, especially towards tasks they've set their eyes on. Task is to do. They've also got tons of physical energy, whether or not they do anything about it but they may become restless otherwise. I could speak wonders of the energy of my ESTP best friend or ESFP sister... but just for all of humanity (or my sake qq) allow them to sleep enough so they aren't cranky (esp. the ESTP and never try to wake her, even when she's asked you to. She might blow up at you before realising)...

When they're not focusing, Se Doms might look and be oblivious but they're still always taking in Sensory information, just no longer thinking to act on or be aware of them, though they can remember later if they try to recall and it's not too far from immediate memory. ex. My ESFP sis had to watch a movie for her Religion class over a period of three classes. She was bored and slept through every single class and was the only one to get all the questions right on the quiz which partly focused on... details... lol

I have a blog! Ok I am going to go through the posts and tell you what kinds of things I talk about and you tell me if you think it's more ESFP or ENFP. Ok my first post says that I want everyone to tell me which emotion they think I would rather feel if I had to choose. The second post is me explaining what my fashion style is if I had to describe it. The third post is an excerpt of a funny conversation I had with someone where I wasn't listening to them and agreed to something funny. The fourth post lists all of the misinformation I got about U.S. history in school and they are numbered.

Se-e here cuz that's what you're trying to get us to do... to Se you. ;) You're describing by giving us an accurate picture of what your blog looks like and means to you instead of describing it in an interpretive manner of what it might look like or mean to you.

Plus, other stuff that's been pointed out.

ESFP. :) Is it clearer for you now?

lemons said:
Seeing from more than one perspective.

Se Doms do see from more than one perspective, it's just the manner upon what they're looking at which are patterns that are concrete in nature. They're looking for possibilities and opportunities for action instead possibilities and opportunities for ideas.