• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Another "type this unknown forum member" game

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
In Cenomite's thread... people brought up how we let stereotypes and our perception of a person's type influence how we type others. So let's have another game and see just to see how much we let stereotyping influence our judgments. It'll also be good typing practice.

Okay what I'll do is select is randomly select a forum member... then pull out some of posts they made that talks about themselves. Some short, some long... and you guess at their type.

-------
Person #1

" I agree with you, I just like to argue."

"I'm no stranger to using the word... but sparingly. When you're using it in reference to a gay person, regardless of how you intended it, it's pretty much up to them whether or not it's acceptable. I'm not saying it offends your friends, my only argument is there are better words to use than one whose use references burning at the stake.

That usually takes the humor right out of the word."

"The past couple of weeks or so, I've been noticing that I have a tendency to look at the clock just as it is showing one digit. I seem to have a tendency to see 2:22, 3:33, 4:44 and 11:11.

I haven't been checking my post count recently, but my just previous post concerning The Autobiography of Malcolm X was my 666th post. Is this because I am a white devil?"

" I've kind of adopted the attitude of, "Don't like me? Don't like me. I'll survive" ... My reasoning behind honesty is that if people try to be honest with eachother, it eliminates alot of mistrust. If everyone were honest all of the time, you wouldn't really have to worry about wether or not someone's lying. So, to me, apart from the moral aspect, it's a quid pro quo kind of thing. "If you're honest with me, I'll be honest with you.""

"I think of things like knowing when to be kind and blunt as tools for production.

For instance, if I deem my own intervention to be necessary or desireable, I'll decide, okay, do I need to be kind and understanding, or blunt?

If two of my friends are mad at eachother and tempers are flaring, and physical confrontation seems likely, I'll say something like, "you two are being fucking idiots. If you'd chill out we'd be able to solve this problem. So, as soon as you're ready to get over your own egos, I'll be waiting."

" Don't appologize to me, appologize to yourself for not using the resources at your disposal."

---------

Type? If you know who the person is... you're automatically out of the game. Searching for posts is also cheating ;)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
fun! i think i know who it is though...not sure but..i'll sit out just in case.

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'd take a stab if I had a lick of confidence in my MBTI knowledge. The extent of what I know is P is for Procrastination :p

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
The point isn't to "get it right", the point is to figure out where our biases comes from when we're typing. :)

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
The point isn't to "get it right", the point is to figure out where our biases comes from when we're typing. :)

Or not entertain the post in the first place.

It takes willpower.:yes:

L

Lasting_Pain

What will the person recieve if he answers correctly.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I would say the person is definitely higher on Fe than Fi. Looks like they have a good amount of Ti. Since this site is heavily predominated by N types I'll make that assumption as well. I don't think the person is an INTP, I think it's interesting that you chose the quotations you did. Doesn't seem to be very representative of what an INTP would post. I think there is a social bent towards those posts so extroversions a possibility. A strong feeler though might shift that perspective.

I think it's either an ENTP or an INFJ.
I don't think ENFP or ENFJs are possibilities. I get a Ti vibe from the posts and I don't see an overabundance of Fi. Ni or Ne is something I can't really determine. The Fe is certain. It seems like a male so that might be shifting my perception. I might unknowingly ascribe more T qualities to them.

L

Lasting_Pain

He or She was arguing semantics and Pragmatics, he definitely is a T.

He or she also hangs out with homosexuals, so it is obvious that he is not an S.

Post more later

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I sorta like the ENTJ. It sorta seems to fit the vibe I'm getting from the individual. Maybe more of an ENFJ though...

Neo Genesis

MBTI Type
InFp
Enneagram
4w5
ENTJ seems like the logical choice, but I'm going to guess INFJ anyway. A spiteful INFJ.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
What will the person recieve if he answers correctly.

Bragging rights... Along with privilege to choose the next victim random member. :D

I don't think the person is an INTP, I think it's interesting that you chose the quotations you did. Doesn't seem to be very representative of what an INTP would post.
I'd like to reiterate that the selection of quotes are randomly selected. I just use search post by member and randomly choose a few results page... then just pick out the first thing on the page they said that relates to themselves. So I did not deliberately select the topics. :)

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
my first guess was going to be ENTJ.. but seeing how you havent said anyone is right yet..

Strong T probably Te I want to say N so that only leaves INTJ!

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
my first guess was going to be ENTJ.. but seeing how you havent said anyone is right yet..

Strong T probably Te I want to say N so that only leaves INTJ!
I never said anybody's wrong either ;)

I'm going to give other people some more time to take a stab at it. The unrevealing will probably happen tomorrow.

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
" I've kind of adopted the attitude of, "Don't like me? Don't like me. I'll survive" ... My reasoning behind honesty is that if people try to be honest with eachother, it eliminates alot of mistrust. If everyone were honest all of the time, you wouldn't really have to worry about wether or not someone's lying. So, to me, apart from the moral aspect, it's a quid pro quo kind of thing. "If you're honest with me, I'll be honest with you.""

Strong Fe, reasoning it with weak Ti, (including misspellings) and unrepentantly aggressive suggests EXFJ.

"The past couple of weeks or so, I've been noticing that I have a tendency to look at the clock just as it is showing one digit. I seem to have a tendency to see 2:22, 3:33, 4:44 and 11:11.

I haven't been checking my post count recently, but my just previous post concerning The Autobiography of Malcolm X was my 666th post. Is this because I am a white devil?"

Given he/she assumes this to be meaningful: Ni.

It is obviously an ENFJ; I'll stake my reputation on it.

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
I never said anybody's wrong either ;)

I'm going to give other people some more time to take a stab at it. The unrevealing will probably happen tomorrow.

Ill stick with INTJ just for originality :D

and because there are more of them on the forum

deleted
ENFP

and I base this on the functions I strongly sensed which mainly is Fi, but the Te is too strong (so I doubt INFP) and there is an overtone of Ne through all of it, as if Ne is this person's primary function, but it couldn't be an ENTP because I don't see much Ti.
"I agree with you, I just like to argue"

is pretty justified ENFP. Ironically quite Fi, and Ne too.
"The past couple of weeks or so, I've been noticing that I have a tendency to look at the clock just as it is showing one digit. I seem to have a tendency to see 2:22, 3:33, 4:44 and 11:11."

I'm not sure if this is least function Si or simply Ne, but it reminds me of Ne.
If two of my friends are mad at eachother and tempers are flaring, and physical confrontation seems likely, I'll say something like, "you two are being fucking idiots. If you'd chill out we'd be able to solve this problem. So, as soon as you're ready to get over your own egos, I'll be waiting."

I see a combination of Te and Ne. This person seems like they have experience talking about their friends, so I assume it is an F aspect.

"I'm no stranger to using the word... but sparingly. When you're using it in reference to a gay person, regardless of how you intended it, it's pretty much up to them whether or not it's acceptable. I'm not saying it offends your friends, my only argument is there are better words to use than one whose use references burning at the stake.

That usually takes the humor right out of the word."

This seems like Te justifying Fi to me, and this is an intuitive argument.

So once I see some functions, I look at preferences. N and E are the most noticeable. I don't usually see E types talking this way over the internet and Ns don't sweat in making such generalities. I also sense F because a lot of words seem to justify a hidden value system honestly, and the wording comes from an earlier form of enthusiasm. If this person is T, they have some kind of value system going on. I'd go with P because for an extrovert this person doesn't seem overly Te or Fe. Ne is much more fluent in the overtones of the writing.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
He or she also hangs out with homosexuals, so it is obvious that he is not an S.

:huh:

Ill stick with INTJ just for originality :D

Not unless they're ESL, which I doubt. INTJs seem rather anal with spelling, I know this cause they often drag me out the back of threads and beat me up :(

L

Lasting_Pain

:huh:

Not unless they're ESL, which I doubt. INTJs seem rather anal with spelling, I know this cause they often drag me out the back of threads and beat me up :(
I can sometimes draw weird conclusions. Most of the people are meet are S's and they do not like homosexuals. N's tend to be more acceptable to homosexuals.