User Tag List

123 Last

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Default Another "type this unknown forum member" game

In Cenomite's thread... people brought up how we let stereotypes and our perception of a person's type influence how we type others. So let's have another game and see just to see how much we let stereotyping influence our judgments. It'll also be good typing practice.

Okay what I'll do is select is randomly select a forum member... then pull out some of posts they made that talks about themselves. Some short, some long... and you guess at their type.

-------
    Person #1

" I agree with you, I just like to argue."
    "I'm no stranger to using the word... but sparingly. When you're using it in reference to a gay person, regardless of how you intended it, it's pretty much up to them whether or not it's acceptable. I'm not saying it offends your friends, my only argument is there are better words to use than one whose use references burning at the stake.

That usually takes the humor right out of the word."
    "The past couple of weeks or so, I've been noticing that I have a tendency to look at the clock just as it is showing one digit. I seem to have a tendency to see 2:22, 3:33, 4:44 and 11:11.

I haven't been checking my post count recently, but my just previous post concerning The Autobiography of Malcolm X was my 666th post. Is this because I am a white devil?"
    " I've kind of adopted the attitude of, "Don't like me? Don't like me. I'll survive" ... My reasoning behind honesty is that if people try to be honest with eachother, it eliminates alot of mistrust. If everyone were honest all of the time, you wouldn't really have to worry about wether or not someone's lying. So, to me, apart from the moral aspect, it's a quid pro quo kind of thing. "If you're honest with me, I'll be honest with you.""
    "I think of things like knowing when to be kind and blunt as tools for production.

For instance, if I deem my own intervention to be necessary or desireable, I'll decide, okay, do I need to be kind and understanding, or blunt?

If two of my friends are mad at eachother and tempers are flaring, and physical confrontation seems likely, I'll say something like, "you two are being fucking idiots. If you'd chill out we'd be able to solve this problem. So, as soon as you're ready to get over your own egos, I'll be waiting."
    " Don't appologize to me, appologize to yourself for not using the resources at your disposal."
    ---------

Type? If you know who the person is... you're automatically out of the game. Searching for posts is also cheating
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

fun! i think i know who it is though...not sure but..i'll sit out just in case.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTP

I'd take a stab if I had a lick of confidence in my MBTI knowledge. The extent of what I know is P is for Procrastination :P
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

The point isn't to "get it right", the point is to figure out where our biases comes from when we're typing.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    The point isn't to "get it right", the point is to figure out where our biases comes from when we're typing.
    Or not entertain the post in the first place.

It takes willpower.

Lasting_Pain

What will the person recieve if he answers correctly.

MBTI
    INTP

I would say the person is definitely higher on Fe than Fi. Looks like they have a good amount of Ti. Since this site is heavily predominated by N types I'll make that assumption as well. I don't think the person is an INTP, I think it's interesting that you chose the quotations you did. Doesn't seem to be very representative of what an INTP would post. I think there is a social bent towards those posts so extroversions a possibility. A strong feeler though might shift that perspective.

I think it's either an ENTP or an INFJ.
    I don't think ENFP or ENFJs are possibilities. I get a Ti vibe from the posts and I don't see an overabundance of Fi. Ni or Ne is something I can't really determine. The Fe is certain. It seems like a male so that might be shifting my perception. I might unknowingly ascribe more T qualities to them.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

Lasting_Pain

He or She was arguing semantics and Pragmatics, he definitely is a T.

He or she also hangs out with homosexuals, so it is obvious that he is not an S.

Post more later

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

ENTJ.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    LSI

I sorta like the ENTJ. It sorta seems to fit the vibe I'm getting from the individual. Maybe more of an ENFJ though...
    - Caleb

"I am what I need to be..."

"Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity."