• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Another "type this unknown forum member" game

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Interesting choices everybody selected...

Member #1 is a confirmed ENFJ (Brendan). Curious that Mort Belfry's the only one who've gotten it correct... and he has changed his answer. :D Really, the point isn't to get the typing right, the point is to examine how people type...

Ooo Eagle kind of had it too. :)

So what are people's thoughts on this exercise? Is hindsight always 20-20? Can you now go back to the quotes and point out function XYZ?

My thoughts:
Many people said NT because the comments were pragmatic... Aimahn mentioned how the topic of the posts points away from a thinker. However people didn't really take the overall theme of the posts into account. I said all the posts were selected at random... which means the member seems to engage mostly in relationship related threads as oppose to those about theories etc. Instead, people focused on the details... content within the posts. Does this in essence point to how we type in general? Look at specific incidents and ignore probability of occurrence? Of course I'm probably speculating too much.

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
I agree

When people see that someone makes logical sense they automatically assume the person is a T type. I think this is an obvious bias for many including myself.

All the relationship talk should have given it away. Then again, this is still a bias as well. I'm sure there are plenty of Ts that prefer relationship threads.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Interesting choices everybody selected...

Member #1 is a confirmed ENFJ (Brendan). Curious that Mort Belfry's the only one who've gotten it correct... and he has changed his answer. :D Really, the point isn't to get the typing right, the point is to examine how people type...

Ooo Eagle kind of had it too. :)

So what are people's thoughts on this exercise? Is hindsight always 20-20? Can you now go back to the quotes and point out function XYZ?

My thoughts:
Many people said NT because the comments were pragmatic... Aimahn mentioned how the topic of the posts points away from a thinker. However people didn't really take the overall theme of the posts into account. I said all the posts were selected at random... which means the member seems to engage mostly in relationship related threads as oppose to those about theories etc. Instead, people focused on the details... content within the posts. Does this in essence point to how we type in general? Look at specific incidents and ignore probability of occurrence? Of course I'm probably speculating too much.

DO ME NEXT....

Oh wait. Now that I've said it, you can't now.

deleted
Dang, someone failed to type him in the first place. ENFJ is close to ENFP. I don't know why I was seeing Ne. There must be something wrong with the functions.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Hey. I was close I said ENTP or INFJ. I knew there was a good amount of Fe in there. I just didn't think there was enough for a dominant based on the first and last post. I thought the "use the resources available," "I like to argue," and the "get over your fucking ego" indicated a more Ti "go about the process yourself I'm not really one to care or help you." The last quote gave away the gender for me. Since the person was clearly Fe and used Ti as a thinking process I thought it could have been an ENTP who valued relationships and consideration, or an INFJ who had a decent bit of Ti.

I think based on a small sample of 4 posts it's hard to judge the potency of a function. So picking dominant functions is a somewhat tentative process. I think the reluctance to have a more outwardly caring and helping stance is what shied me away from labeling them an Fe dominant. There is definitely some Ti hostility and reluctance for compassion there. A sense of rationalization and unwillingness to "blindly" try and accommodate even though it might not be the smart thing to do. The second quote showed some deconstruction and distinction which is quite common for a Ti type. Granted it's emotionally oriented so it makes it harder to judge the facility with the function.

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's your best guess based off of someones typed comments. I think we all did pretty good. You can't get it right every time.

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
Member #1 is a confirmed ENFJ (Brendan). Curious that Mort Belfry's the only one who've gotten it correct... and he has changed his answer.

Okay, I admit it: I googled the quotes; I won't do it again.
:devil:

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Round 2, unknown forum member #2

Ready for the second round? :devil:

Same rule as before. You shouldn't provide guesses/answers if you know who this person is. Also no cheating (that means you Mort :D ) by googling or searching for posts.

Again, this is a collection of randomly selected quotes.

-----
Member #2

What's the point in asking for advice, opinions and comments if you're just going to attack the advice and the advice-giver?

What's the point in giving advice if it not only goes into a vaccum, but also provokes a negative response?

In other words, what is the point of this thread?

I can't see myself crying at work, ever, and I would be very uncomfortable if anyone else was crying there.

Possible exception of a family member/etc dying, where I would understand someone else crying (though it'd still be uncomfortable), but in my case I would leave work for as long as I needed to, if at all possible.

Crying in response to everyday stuff? Not really professional, in my opinion.

90% of those apply to most people. You need to focus on the distinctive traits.

Wasn't this a longer thread somewhere, or am I going crazy?

Uhh...I'd vote for a combination of at least two of those at once.

For instance, a research project I'm looking into involves a combination of nanotech with biotech.

I've seen your link before, somewhere, quite a while ago, but it's still just as fascinating. It's amazing how little families in poor countries spend on food, but I guess they don't have much money to begin with...I was kinda shocked at $341/week, too...I grew up in a family of 6 and it wasn't anywhere near that....I think it was around 200 if I recall (my mom discussed it with me once).

1) Some of the categories, I like only one or two bands in that genre, so I'm not sure if I should check them.

2) What is "big band"?

3) I would have liked a prog rock option, too....and I would maybe distinguish classic rock from new rock. But that's just me. Pretty good poll options given the limitations.

Auuuugh. :doh:

[removed venting]

Ugh I'm going for a walk.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
From that collection of quotes it's quite apparent that they are a T. With the mention of crying at work and considering the possibility I assume they must be a female. I don't think that would warrant a mention if it were a male. There would at least be a gender reference in there to qualify.

I don't see much reference to people, personal references, or necessarily emotional stances, so I assume introversion. The family member distinction seems like one I would make. Like there is a clear and defined set of exceptions when it comes to emotional expression and the instances where that would can be overlooked. More of a black and white view in terms of social interaction.

When it comes to those posts what immediately sticks out is the structure and incisiveness of the responses. Seems a little too brief and to the point for a Ti-Ne or Ti-Se type. Very direct. Information expressed seems concentrated. Thought looks more categorized. It looks like a definite case of Te.

I would definitely say this person is an INTJ. I just don't see the INTP. With INTPs, I think on average their thoughts are not really relayed in that digestible, concise, and categorized way. I think they're more prone to explaining how they came to their conclusions or the questions they asked. The bullet point format isn't really all that common to them.

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Agrees with Costrin; ISTP.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Ready for the second round? :devil:

Same rule as before. You shouldn't provide guesses/answers if you know who this person is. Also no cheating (that means you Mort :D ) by googling or searching for posts.

Again, this is a collection of randomly selected quotes.

-----
Member #2
My guess is INTJ.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ESFJ-flavor in there, I just get that vibe. Seems unlikely given the lack of ESFJs on this board, so my (dumb) faith in probability prevents me from guessing that. It's clearly someone whose posts I've read before, but I don't recall who at all.

The last two posts do give more a P vibe... hmm...

Final guess: ENFP