User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Lasting_Pain

I am going to go with an ISTJ!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lasting_Pain View Post
    He or She was arguing semantics and Pragmatics, he definitely is a T.

He or she also hangs out with homosexuals, so it is obvious that he is not an S.

Post more later
    What is that supposed to mean? S's can't be friends with gay people? HAHAHAHAHA wrong.

;-> I have gay friends, and I'm straight, and I'm an S.

But then, you were probably being facetious and I was taking it literally, right?!

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

maliafee- He was being sarcastic.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Lasting_Pain

Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    What is that supposed to mean? S's can't be friends with gay people? HAHAHAHAHA wrong.

;-> I have gay friends, and I'm straight, and I'm an S.

But then, you were probably being facetious and I was taking it literally, right?!
    Wow I posted that long ago, but yeah I was being sarcastic.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    What do you say nightning?
    Anything I'd say will be biased... since I know who the person is... It'll also be doubly biased in that what I put will influence other people's answers. So I'll refrain.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    INTP

I haven't cheated this time (which will be evident when I get it wrong) but the use of "What's the point..." makes me think INTP.

(But I might just check my answer now...)
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    INTP

I'll give this a shot.

What's the point in asking for advice, opinions and comments if you're just going to attack the advice and the advice-giver?

What's the point in giving advice if it not only goes into a vaccum, but also provokes a negative response?

In other words, what is the point of this thread?
    Here, the member focuses on the 'point' of interacting with persons with respect to giving and receiving advice. A 'point' in this context is the value of the action, and the action is personal/relational in an extraverted way.

+1 for Fe

I can't see myself crying at work, ever, and I would be very uncomfortable if anyone else was crying there.

Possible exception of a family member/etc dying, where I would understand someone else crying (though it'd still be uncomfortable), but in my case I would leave work for as long as I needed to, if at all possible.

Crying in response to everyday stuff? Not really professional, in my opinion.
    This set of quotes is concerned with social norms that govern the public display of emotion, and the poster seems concerned with maintaining expected social composure. Again, this smacks (to me) of Fe.

90% of those apply to most people. You need to focus on the distinctive traits.
    Another quote dealing with people. Here, the poster seems to be engaging in some sort of argument; specifically, (s)he is attacking another poster's premise by pointing out his/her lack of attention to detail.

I'd say Se/Fe is dominant in this quote.

Wasn't this a longer thread somewhere, or am I going crazy?

Uhh...I'd vote for a combination of at least two of those at once.

For instance, a research project I'm looking into involves a combination of nanotech with biotech.
    Nanotech and biotech are not intrapersonal--they're disciplines focused on manipulating 'stuff' (please excuse the highly technical jargon) in the external world for practical benefit. I'd say Se/Te.

I've seen your link before, somewhere, quite a while ago, but it's still just as fascinating. It's amazing how little families in poor countries spend on food, but I guess they don't have much money to begin with...I was kinda shocked at $341/week, too...I grew up in a family of 6 and it wasn't anywhere near that....I think it was around 200 if I recall (my mom discussed it with me once).
    Here again the poster is focusing on people. (S)he is also focusing peoples' pragmatic concerns. The expressed shock at the disparity between poor and rich suggests the poster believes there is something amiss with the distribution of wealth; if true, this is indicative of a concern for social justice. People + pragmatic focus + concern for social justic = Fe.

1) Some of the categories, I like only one or two bands in that genre, so I'm not sure if I should check them.

2) What is "big band"?

3) I would have liked a prog rock option, too....and I would maybe distinguish classic rock from new rock. But that's just me. Pretty good poll options given the limitations.
    Seems familiar with a variety of musical genres and willing to pay close enough attention to auditory sensation in order to make fine distinctions between different types of rock.

Se?

Auuuugh.

[removed venting]

Ugh I'm going for a walk.
    Only Extraverted Feelers use emoticons. (j/k).

Unsettled by public displays of negative emotion, then goes for a walk: withdraws and reflects in response to stress after acting. ???

Fe seems to be this member's primary function. Se also seems present, but can't be the auxiliary, so it's likely tertiary. I see no reason to discount Ni, and Ni would aid in understanding the obtuse theory of Nano and Biotech.

I'm going to guess this is another ENFJ.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

My reasoning was similar to Aimahn's they seem female but uncomfortable by emotional displays. They appear to work in research science. Their posts are quite concise and to the point, they point out irrelevance without wasting words. They consider it unprofessional for others to cry at work and go for a walk to vent out frustration.

All of this makes me think Ni & Te & Se. INTJ.

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Anything I'd say will be biased... since I know who the person is... It'll also be doubly biased in that what I put will influence other people's answers. So I'll refrain.
    Oh you've gone and said too much.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    Oh you've gone and said too much.
    Blah! There's no pleasing some people... :steam:
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca